Black People : Bill Cosby on Responsibility

60% of Americans aged 16-25 are 'functionally illiterate'

" . . . the April 2001 OECD report stated "60% of Americans aged 16-25 are 'functionally illiterate', meaning that when it came to, say, filling in a form they were stumped - - and that on the simple numerical (reading a timetable, etc.) test they scored at the bottom of all industrial nations." - The Economist, 14 July 2001, pg. 84."

" . . . the relationship between education quality (SAT scores) and education spending per student is worse than 34 years ago - 71% worse. Despite rapidly rising inflation-adjusted spending per student over this period SAT scores declined. As a result, education productivity fell 71% . . ."

Grandfather Education Report --
http://mwhodges.home.att.net/education.htm

vj57 said:
I can relate to that personally.

I was always with my head in the books when I was growing up. In my family, I was called "the brains". While others were outside playing, I was into my books, always got my homework done even if it meant Friday night, and an honor student during my high school years.

I was teased unmercifully about this. Even my brothers had a bad attitude towards me because I was always seen reading.

I raised my kids the same way. They were into books before they started kindergarten. And they were teased by others, including relatives. Girls my daughter's age were out screwing (I gotta tell it like it is) instead of focusing on education. I can tell you that most of the girls her age today are at home with at least three kids and on welfare.

Just because my son is not out there degrading somebody's daughter by sexing them has been a source of people teasing him, including that idiot father of his who fusses at him for not "getting laid".

In high school the girls preferred to go out with boys who only wanted sex from them instead of going out with my son who would had taken them to dinner and a movie and not expect sex. He would ask some girls out and they would say that he's too much of a nerd, just because he preferred to hit the books and dress with his pants up on his waist and kept a nice close haircut.

So, I feel you on the "dumbing down", Sekhemu. I get tired of seeing black kids not graduating from high school and hanging on the street corners selling drugs with those cursed do-rags, pants hanging and big white t-shirt, always being followers of negativity.

I see the young black girls half dressed, always up in some man's face, having two or three babies before they graduate from high school, that is, if they do that.

And there is no respect for each other. The young black boys have no respect for the girls and the girls think that it's ok. But let a nice young man like my son try to talk to them and they don't want no bother. I tell him to not bother with negative black women and focus on the few who are positive and/or talk with young girls of other races. I know I will probably get some angry reactions to that statement, but I don't care.

Greetings, I see you have found another thread to spew hatred against a part of your melanin-family. Just in case you missed it, I replied to your original rant in Elder Osirus' thread. Don't worry here's the link: http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25963

Peace

Its the Quality/Character of the Educated that Counts

Let's look at the mathematical theory of the "QUANTITY" of collective education of a nation of people.

Let's say we, the black nation of America, in the USA, number 75 million and we have 1 million brothers and sisters with college degrees, or 5 million with university degrees, or 10 million with degrees or 25 million of our peeps with degrees - at what "quaintly," the number of degrees in relation to the whole 75 million does the degree make a "difference" in the over all quality of life of the whole black nation of 75 million?

In other words, if we have a population of 75 million and 25 million have degrees and only use their degrees and the money they derive from their degrees to only better their "personal" life with a "JOB" working for white America - live in a nice community, drive a fine care, send their children to good school, maybe give in charity to a black self help organization - and NEVER, never, never do anything "personally" to help their black nation as a whole with their degree, then the IMPACT of the 25 million with degrees on the whole and in service to the black nation is nil. The degree is in vain as Solomon said, all is vanity.

So then, in order for college degrees to benefit the black nation as a whole, those with degrees must have the 'QUALITY" of CHARACTER OF LOVE OF BLACK SELF, to SERVE black self with their degree in some fashion, other wise the degree is only Self-serving for individual survival.

The "talented 10th" - our college educated and money making actors and sports figures - must "POOL" their education and wealth to build INSTITUTIONS, business, and industry that can ATTRACT the 500 BILLION DOLLARS a year that the black nation of America gets out of the American economy a year.

Marcus Garvey and Elijah Muhammad told us decades ago to do for self - $500 BILLION dollars a year collectively can do a lot for self. But our so-called educated, high paying actors and sports figures, etc., are not using their education and wealth to build business, industry and institutions that ATTRACT that 500 billion of the collective black nation to work for the whole. They are NOT lifting their part of the house.

Without the QUALITY and character of LOVE for black self that can turn and transform our collective 500 billion dollars into service of black self, all our college education, wealthy actors and sports figures, will count for naught.

Kannte said:
Let's look at the mathematical theory of the "QUANTITY" of collective education of a nation of people.

Let's say we, the black nation of America, in the USA, number 75 million and we have 1 million brothers and sisters with college degrees, or 5 million with university degrees, or 10 million with degrees or 25 million of our peeps with degrees - at what "quaintly," the number of degrees in relation to the whole 75 million does the degree make a "difference" in the over all quality of life of the whole black nation of 75 million?

In other words, if we have a population of 75 million and 25 million have degrees and only use their degrees and the money they derive from their degrees to only better their "personal" life with a "JOB" working for white America - live in a nice community, drive a fine care, send their children to good school, maybe give in charity to a black self help organization - and NEVER, never, never do anything "personally" to help their black nation as a whole with their degree, then the IMPACT of the 25 million with degrees on the whole and in service to the black nation is nil. The degree is in vain as Solomon said, all is vanity.

So then, in order for college degrees to benefit the black nation as a whole, those with degrees must have the 'QUALITY" of CHARACTER OF LOVE OF BLACK SELF, to SERVE black self with their degree in some fashion, other wise the degree is only Self-serving for individual survival.

The "talented 10th" - our college educated and money making actors and sports figures - must "POOL" their education and wealth to build INSTITUTIONS, business, and industry that can ATTRACT the 500 BILLION DOLLARS a year that the black nation of America gets out of the American economy a year.

Marcus Garvey and Elijah Muhammad told us decades ago to do for self - $500 BILLION dollars a year collectively can do a lot for self. But our so-called educated, high paying actors and sports figures, etc., are not using their education and wealth to build business, industry and institutions that ATTRACT that 500 billion of the collective black nation to work for the whole. They are NOT lifting their part of the house.

Without the QUALITY and character of LOVE for black self that can turn and transform our collective 500 billion dollars into service of black self, all our college education, wealthy actors and sports figures, will count for naught.

Ahhhh, the voice of reason and truth is like a fresh breeze in here. I was about to let the window up! Peace to you.

GREETINGS AUM

I see you have been here at Destee's for a minute.
As I'm sure, you already know that there is no personal attacks allowed here.
I understand that some of our opinions may be in disagreement, However, we each have a right to them. This community is about sharing, supporting, and respecting one another. So please continue to share your thoughts in a positive way and allow others to share theirs as well.
Thank you for your support!

:luvv: :luvv: :luvv:
WE ALL ARE THE SOLUTION!
LETS NOT BE THE PROBLEM!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back