Black People : Bill Cosby on Responsibility

Kannte

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 18, 2004
NYC
"Bill Cosby took aim at blacks who don't take responsibility for their economic status, blame police for incarcerations and teach their kids poor speaking habits.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal. These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids – $500 sneakers for what? And won't spend $200 for 'Hooked on Phonics.'

"They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk: 'Why you ain't,' 'Where you is' ... And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. And then I heard the father talk. ... Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. ... You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth!"

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38565

I

have to agree with some of the things Bill Cosby said. He didn't say all blacks don't take responsibility, but some and I see that everyday. I know there are certain situations that may keep you from growing economically. I myself am a single mother of 4. All their needs I am responsible for. I even take my 2 year old and now 5 year old to work with me beacuse I can no longer afford childcare. For several years now I've wanted to go back to school and finish college so that I can do better for my children. Since so much responsibility is on me, I feel like there's no way for school to happen now. I desire better, but am stuck with my responsibilities and my husbands responsibilities as well.

It's true some people just don't care, and wont even try to grow financially. I know women who have been on welfare for years and they are fine with how things are. They are teaching their children the same lazy habits.

We have to be careful of what we say around or children. How we act, what we do because they are watching. Me and my husband had to get an understanding with our first child. His mother curses, and her father curses, so naturally he curses. I did not want that in front of my children. He saw nothing wrong with it but that's one of the downfalls about this cycle, if you been taught wrong from an ealy age, you pass that wrong right along to your kids, and so on. Yeah they may hear it on the streets or where ever, but as long as YOU the parent are teaching them the right way, they will always remember what is right.

I was so hurt to see this young black girl teaching her young son...not even 1 yet to "be HARD". She had an older son and would let the baby punch the older son in the face so he could learn to fight. He couldn't say his ABC's but had a mean left hook already...smh I couldn't do nothin but pray and smh. I thought to myself yeah he will be Hard alright. Hard headed and doin Hard time.

We jus have to do better as parents and as a people.

Kannte said:
"Bill Cosby took aim at blacks who don't take responsibility for their economic status, blame police for incarcerations and teach their kids poor speaking habits.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal. These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids – $500 sneakers for what? And won't spend $200 for 'Hooked on Phonics.'

"They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk: 'Why you ain't,' 'Where you is' ... And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. And then I heard the father talk. ... Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. ... You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth!"

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38565

Sekhemu said:
I gotta give The Cos props, we so afraid to give constructive criticism to our own people and make a lot of excuses for each other. We gotta stop the dumbing down of our race.

I strongly agree with you (isn't that a miracle? :) ) on the fact that we are very sensitive as a people when it comes to constructive criticism. Thus, things simply get further "out of hand". Then we when see that we should obviously began to start doing something about it (like the way black are portray in the media and entertainment arena), it is almost too difficult to push the tidal wave back short of a major boycott of some kind...which do work by the way...if you work IT.

Nita said:
I know there are certain situations that may keep you from growing economically. I myself am a single mother of 4. All their needs I am responsible for. I even take my 2 year old and now 5 year old to work with me beacuse I can no longer afford childcare. For several years now I've wanted to go back to school and finish college so that I can do better for my children

Many community colleges have day care programs Nita. In addition they also offer grants for single parents...you might want to check in on this.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back