Audio Video Web Conferencing : Bill Cosby Book?

Discussion in 'Audio Video Web Conferencing' started by mpp5003, Nov 8, 2007.

1. mpp5003

mpp5003 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have a copy of this? What did you think?

--------------
    Bill Cosby and Alvin F. Poussaint, M.D. have a powerful message for families and communities as they lay out their visions for strengthening America, or for that matter the world. They address the crises of people who are stuck because of feelings of low self-esteem, abandonment, anger, fearfulness, sadness, and feelings of being used, undefended and unprotected. These issues often impede their ability to move forward. The authors aim to help empower people make the daunting transition from victims to victors. Come on, People is always engaging and is loaded with heart-piercing stories of the problems facing many communities.

www.billcosby.com

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    mpp5003 ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

We've been discussing this work for a minute ... Come on People ... you can read and add to the discussion if you'd like.

Thanks for joining us, and make yourself at home, because you are.

:heart:

Destee

3. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    I recieved my copy yesterday and started reading it immediately. I like the comparison they make between the fifities and sixties when we had intact families, even with all the discrimination and no civil rights amendment or voting rights acts, as compared to today with no real family unity. They talk about black males and females and their responsibilities for the circumstances we find ourselve in now. He does mention a little about institutionlized racism, but he doesn't dwell on it. They also talk about the use of the english language and how black kids don't realize that they have an advantage in that being their primary language, because it is the universal langauge of business. But too many choose to abuse it.

They talk about the lack of real men, and that so few males actually achieve it. Very interesting so far. They insert some things that were said by folks at some of the call out meetings that were held in various cities also. I'm still in the first part of the book.