Black People : Bill Cosby adding salt to wounded black New Orlean Katrina victims

I hope the same thing Bill does...not sure if he's the cat that should say it but regardless he did.........I said the same thing on a thread here a while back.........for yall that don't know N.O. was BUCK......N.O. Police ....BUCK .....now it's true that a lot of folk that lived down there didn't have the financial ability to move but the thing is a whole lot of folk got to move through the evacuation process and some are making the most of their chance to get up......I've talked to many folks that I know from N.O. and most of them are looking at this like it's a positive man so many of them boys have been wanting to get out for the longest and couldn't and now they got that chance.......most of my folks down there say they ain't never going back cept to visit my uncle and some of my cuzzo's are rebuilding but some of my other cousins and their homeboys are out here in CA now making happen........maybe I'm cold but I look at it like this........that storm his in sept....it's now april and folk still crying and moanin bout this and that standing round waiting for somebody to look out fo em......ain't gon happen the ones that can need to get after it ........I had family affected from N.O. , Gulfport,Biloxi, Hattiesburg , Lumberton, Purvis, and Picayune.......they're all either rebuilding or have cashed out and are making it happen somewhere else.........the lower 9th backs up against the levee and I know that yeah some could rebuild and at first I was all for it but when I think about it I'd probably cash out myself and start over because flooding ain't gon stop its a part of life down there....hurricanes same thing and if you standing in your yard looking up at water held in by earthen levees that ain't good in any way shape or form ......I'd be on the outs..........
it's just a trip to me because everybody acting like they shocked everybody knew something like this would happen at one point or another everybody.....

folk act shocked when they hear N.O. pd is kicking arse , they've been one of the most consistently corrupt and violent police forces in America for years both Black and white officers and whatever other nationalities they got in there now...and everybody down there knows it........

Surprised that the govt of N.O. and Louisiana is corrupt and funneling money elsewhere while trying to cover it up......nah....no surprise corruption in Southern govt is as old as Southern govt............the issue is that now all of a sudden........remember now I told yall that Southern society is a closed society...yall only see what we want yall to see.........but now all the folk that thought N.O. was all about a good time, mardi gras,canal street , bourbon street, emeril, good food, Southern Hospitality and all that bull are seeing the real face under the mask............and they're shocked......while we that are from that general area are just looking at this like .......so what's new............

So in my opinion I don't have a problem with what old boy said.......I'm personally tired of some of them folk that 7 months after still ain't working or even trying ......at least put in some effort ........anyway that's my 2 cent on it........

Red

Isaiah said:
I love your analysis, sister Purple... Bill seems to talk at lot without doing much thinking, or much analysis... If he does only a minimal amount of that, he will conclude that African people committ crimes for the very same reasons other folks committ crimes, and that's because of poverty and deprivation... People who've been well-educated, and have good, well-paying jobs, don't commit street crimes of the nature seen in NOLA, or on the streets of other major cities... I don't hear Bill telling the economic gentry of that city that they gots to get on the ball in educating the uneducated, and providing them with jobs, if they wanna see an end to the madness and mayhem....

Quiet as it is kept, every single ethnic group that entered upon these shores, engaged in criminal enterprises to make a dollar, and keep their families fed... African people's crimes are magnified and highlighted, while others are touted as such wonderful, hard-working, folks... NO ONE has worked harder for less than the Black People of these United States... None of these folk share-cropped, and basically lived under slavery and peonage as have our people...
You were on point with these comments, bruh. Everyone in power knows the deal. They know that poverty is causing a lot of the crime in New Orleans and other major cities. That's why the unemployment rate of Black women and men are higher than other groups. So, there is no surprise that there is a high crime rate.

The games people play on you and you don't even know it. But, ask any one of them if racism impacts them, they'd probably said no. smh

Isaiah said:
the economic gentry of that city that they gots to get on the ball in educating the uneducated, and providing them with jobs, if they wanna see an end to the madness and mayhem....
that would go a long way toward solving the problem, wouldn't it?

karmashines said:
Black-on-black crime needs to be stopped, but is this the appropriate venue to be discussing these types of things? When you've lost all your family and all your property, you're thinking about the then and there... not about things like this.

If Bill Cosby really wants to discuss the ills of blacks AND offer solutions on how to resolve those ills, he needs to form gatherings with that purpose in mind. Right now he's just spouting off the mouth during times that are not proper. The primary focus for New Orleanians need to be finding ways on how to restructure their lives.. no different than any other race that has dealt with a natural diaster.

I agree. Only during a mass tragedy does a prominent Black figure speak upon the ills of the community. Why did he wait, literally, 'till the water waded in the people, to "pass judgement"? I'm sure if a conservative slammed his late son, Ennis Cosby, for being a Black man in the wrong place at the wrong time, in a flashy car, late at night......he would've been downright insulted. The issues in which Blacks have no control over are the issues these "liberated" conservatives are quick to criticize.

Bill might get his wish because when it's all said and done there may not be many Black people left who are able to afford to live in the NEW New Orleans.

Yes, there was probably a lot of Black-on-Black crime there but let's also be honest about the money that flowed through the city's economy. Do you really think it was finding its way in the hands of many of the Black citizens that lived there. The Madi Gras has taken place in that city for how long and although you saw many participants were Black, how much of the money that the city collected each year do you think actually made it into the hands of the Black community?

I believe this was a political move to take away the property of owned by Black people, using nature to do the "dirty work". It's not a secret that the city is below sea level. The levees are not new ones and have been around for 30+ years. The government new those levees were built to only withstand a category 2 hurricane or less. The weather reports were clear about the power of Katrina. City,state and federal officials KNEW those levees wouldn't hold and Bush was informed prior to Katrina making landfall, that they wouldn't. Simulated tests have been done showing what would happen to the city if a more powerful hurricane should hit and guess what it showed? Right, the levees couldn't hold back the Gulf...they would be breached. The best they could do was try to get people to evacuate? Sure, why not, because if you leave your property and don't pay the taxes owed, the government can move in and seize your property. Don't you think many Black people KNEW that and that's why they stayed? Sure they did. They knew that it would be best to stay and try to wait out the storm because there would be no guarantee that they would own whatever was left if they ever left it.

And this is all Bill is concerned about? Worthy sentiments for sure, but I think he needs to also keep an eye on the politics being played out in New Orleans as well and speak UP about that too.

I sure hope I'm wrong about this.

Queenie :spinstar:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back