Black Relationships : Biggest Issues in Black relationships

Coach707

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 30, 2006
What do you guys think are the biggest obstacles that deter black men and women from getting together and staying together?

I think that black women have been scarred by the absence of the black man in the upbringing of their children. Dont get me wrong, I know that there are many black men that are handling their business with their kids, but the fact still remains that there is a majority of our black children being raised in single parent homes. When black women are forced to become a father and a mother, does it created hostility towards men? Does it make it more difficult for other men to establish a relationship with her?

Our black men are still struggling to find our identity in this white man's world. Neglect from our own fathers, and no positive role models to show us how to treat a woman prevents us from relating to the sensitivities of women. Certainly not all, but many black men cannot thrive in a relationship because the weight of the world is damaging to the state of mind. The lack of resources and the thought that "knowlege doesnt pay bills" makes personal growth difficult. This leads to poor descisions and devastating consequences that are handed down from generation to generation.

Any opinions?

Hmmmm....

Hi there Coach707....Dating a black woman is not hard, if he listens carefully she will tell him everything he needs to know.. but the key is he has to listen to the spoken and the un-spoken words. Having an open line of communiction I feel is key in maintaining a solid realtionship. Once the communication breaks down everthing else follows.... in my opinion.

I think the bigges issue in Black relationships are the stereotypes that Blacks themselves bring to the relationship.

Black men and Black women need to listen and learn from what the other person is saying. I find that most arguments come from how something is said, and that the majority of the time we both mean something similar. So we end up :fight: each other.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back