Black People : Big cities trade happiness for money: survey shows

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
  2. Dreya

Dreya Well-Known Member MEMBER

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    i think money is a weird kinda thing in its effect - they say it cant buy you happiness but you know too little and its pretty hard to be happy - how can you be happy if you cant feed your kid or pay the rent...... but then too much and you wont be happy either - cuz you might be workin crazy hours to earn it and spend sleepless nights wonderin if someones gonna steal it or the stock market crashing or whatever - i know some oof the real bright kids i knew who went off and got good degrees now earn big bucks but theyd admit they dont have much time to enjoy what they have - not exactly sure what amount of money is the right amount - would depend on a lot of things

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Doesn't it depend on what happiness truly is? I think "they" had friends and love in mind, over material things which are needed daily ...

4. Dreya

Dreya Well-Known Member MEMBER

Applied computer arts
    Ratings:
    +312
    i wasnt really thinkin of the material either - but - like i said if you dont have the basics its hard to be happy - for me happiness comes in the form of family and friends - in feeling im doing something worthwhile - that said a lack of enough money will effect on that - like i said its hard to be happy if you cant put food on the table for your kids - and goin after the big bucks dont make you happy either because one of the probs with that is that people often lose site of the things that really make you happy - so on one side you have someone in poverty who sees there loved ones suffering and on the other side you got people workin so hard they hardly see there loved ones at all...... so all other things bein equal i reckon its best to have a lil bit more than you need for the basics so theres no worries from that side of things without goin overboard and workin flat out for heaps of money in the hope thatll make you happier - i remember reading some survey or other where they asked people if they were happy or not and it actually worked out that way - the poorest and the richest both seemed to feel unhappier than the people in the middle

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Yes, material happiness does imply having all the basic comforts necessary to live life; especially, putting food on the table. Without these comforts, life would be extremely hard. It becomes a routine to supply these needs, making them temporary and short-term, until the next meal is provided. But we must remember, man doesn't live by bread alone.