Science and Technology : Big Bang breakthrough team allows they may be wrong

Again, I sure did not intend to find myself in the middle of a dispute here.

But, Clyde, to answer your question, I suppose I would fit an agnostic description, often weaving in and out of my Christian roots, and into others, from Buddhism to Hinduism (and related), and reading some from the Qur'an. Our spiritual, philosophical, religious views and thinking interest me. I must also mention a strong Pantheistic view....that the universe, all of existence, IS God, or Allah, or by whatever name we give that unexplained something "out there."

And I fondly recall my first expose to Fine1952 on Black Singles back around 2004 through many discussions on that group's religion board. A lot of Christian folks there didn't appreciate her challenges of Christian re-framing, if not plagiarized Christian doctrine that has roots, and borrowed out of Egyptian spirituality. She and others got me to rethinking things that seemed worthy of deeper consideration, given my already developed skepticism.

Fine always referred to the concept of Ma'at, something that has taken me a while to better understand. And Keita, I see you refer to her, as well.

And while it's often said that science and religion can never agree, and because I see religion more as dogma, I do however strongly believe science and "faith" (or spirituality) can indeed meet and provide us with clues, both to the mysteries of the universe that surrounds us, and to the mysteries of the spirit that also surround us when we try to peer into the meaning of the universe, always wondering what we are doing in it, and why?

And that is the common thread of all of human history, yet seen through many prisms of tradition and culture.

The Big Bang theory is just our version of how the universe was formed. Other cultures say the the event was just the universe being reborn. According to The Hindu culture, this is the 50th, or 51st year of Brahma which is trillion of years.

Peace!

writer33, quit saying what you hate, lol, at this very moment, you are right smack dab in the middle of the discourse and Thread.

Thanks for verifying my assessment, an agnostic fits you perfectly. Keep in mind, the average participant would be an atheist however, and to that group my previous statement of macro evolution and christianity being diametrically opposed, aptly applies.

While your desire to see
science and faith meet and agree on answers is admirable, the mere fact that you see religion as dogma, flies in the face of the believer and becomes the very reason why your hope of this partnership will never occur.

Bible believers aren't looking for answers, they are watching, eschatologically, for the Parousia.

Again, I sure did not intend to find myself in the middle of a dispute here.

But, Clyde, to answer your question, I suppose I would fit an agnostic description, often weaving in and out of my Christian roots, and into others, from Buddhism to Hinduism (and related), and reading some from the Qur'an. Our spiritual, philosophical, religious views and thinking interest me. I must also mention a strong Pantheistic view....that the universe, all of existence, IS God, or Allah, or by whatever name we give that unexplained something "out there."

And I fondly recall my first expose to Fine1952 on Black Singles back around 2004 through many discussions on that group's religion board. A lot of Christian folks there didn't appreciate her challenges of Christian re-framing, if not plagiarized Christian doctrine that has roots, and borrowed out of Egyptian spirituality. She and others got me to rethinking things that seemed worthy of deeper consideration, given my already developed skepticism.

Fine always referred to the concept of Ma'at, something that has taken me a while to better understand. And Keita, I see you refer to her, as well.

And while it's often said that science and religion can never agree, and because I see religion more as dogma, I do however strongly believe science and "faith" (or spirituality) can indeed meet and provide us with clues, both to the mysteries of the universe that surrounds us, and to the mysteries of the spirit that also surround us when we try to peer into the meaning of the universe, always wondering what we are doing in it, and why?

And that is the common thread of all of human history, yet seen through many prisms of tradition and culture.

The Big Bang Never Happened: A Startling Refutation of the Dominant Theory of the Origin of the Universe

41ireZ%2BMpoL.jpg

... Far-ranging and provocative, The Big Bang Never Happened is more than a critique of one of the primary theories of astronomy -- that the universe appeared out of nothingness in a single cataclysmic explosion ten to twenty billion years ago. Drawing on new discoveries in particle physics and thermodynamics as well as on readings in history and philosophy, Eric J. Lerner confronts the values behind the Big Bang theory ...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/067974049X/?tag=destee0b-20

The Big Bang theory is just our version of how the universe was formed. Other cultures say the the event was just the universe being reborn. According to The Hindu culture, this is the 50th, or 51st year of Brahma which is trillion of years.

Peace!

The Big Bang Never Happened: A Startling Refutation of the Dominant Theory of the Origin of the Universe

41ireZ%2BMpoL.jpg

... Far-ranging and provocative, The Big Bang Never Happened is more than a critique of one of the primary theories of astronomy -- that the universe appeared out of nothingness in a single cataclysmic explosion ten to twenty billion years ago. Drawing on new discoveries in particle physics and thermodynamics as well as on readings in history and philosophy, Eric J. Lerner confronts the values behind the Big Bang theory ...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/067974049X/?tag=destee0b-20

I knew you would get what I was saying brutha Clyde. Like I said, this is just "our" version, and not the "only" version out there. And when you read some of them, IMO, they're explanation reads a lot better.

According to Hindu Philosophy, the universe (or multiverse) never came to be at some particular point, but always has been, always will be, but is perpetually in flux. Space and time are of cyclical nature. This universe is simply the current one, which is in flux and constantly changing, when it finally ceases to manifest, a new one will arise. An interesting parallel to these ideas can be found in the ekpyrotic model of the universe. This concept is also accepted by Buddhist Dharma.

This is similar to the Cyclical Universe Theory in physical cosmology. The Big Bang is described as the birth of the universe (Brahma), the life of the universe then follows (Vishnu), and the Big Crunch would be described as the destruction of the universe (Shiva).

In a number of stories from the Puranas the continual creation and destruction of the universe is equated to the outwards and inwards breaths of the gigantic cosmic Maha Vishnu.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_cycle_of_the_universe

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back