Science and Technology : Big Bang breakthrough team allows they may be wrong

:bs:

In the Spirit of Correction,

Big Bang breakthrough team allows they may be wrong

a37f0df0e361b37d05a78022870191e6b81575c2.jpg

A NASA image shows hundreds of thousands of stars crowded into the swirling core of the Milky Way galaxy (AFP Photo/)

Washington (AFP) - American astrophysicists who announced just months ago what they deemed a breakthrough in confirming how the universe was born now admit they may have got it wrong.

The team said it had identified gravitational waves that apparently rippled through space right after the Big Bang.

If proven to be correctly identified, these waves -- predicted in Albert Einstein's theory of relativity -- would confirm the rapid and violent growth spurt of the universe in the first fraction of a second marking its existence, 13.8 billion years ago.

David Spergel, a theoretical astrophysicist at Princeton University, ... "I think in retrospect, they should have been more careful about making a big announcement," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/big-bang-breakthrough-team-allows-may-wrong-114835743.html

:bs:

In the Spirit of Correction,

Big Bang breakthrough team allows they may be wrong

a37f0df0e361b37d05a78022870191e6b81575c2.jpg

A NASA image shows hundreds of thousands of stars crowded into the swirling core of the Milky Way galaxy (AFP Photo/)

Washington (AFP) - American astrophysicists who announced just months ago what they deemed a breakthrough in confirming how the universe was born now admit they may have got it wrong.

The team said it had identified gravitational waves that apparently rippled through space right after the Big Bang.

If proven to be correctly identified, these waves -- predicted in Albert Einstein's theory of relativity -- would confirm the rapid and violent growth spurt of the universe in the first fraction of a second marking its existence, 13.8 billion years ago.

David Spergel, a theoretical astrophysicist at Princeton University, ... "I think in retrospect, they should have been more careful about making a big announcement," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/big-bang-breakthrough-team-allows-may-wrong-114835743.html

Well, d'uh! It's a "theory", i.e., an educated guess, NOT a fact. So of course, they might be wrong. :10500:

Not to mention Big Bang is a THEORY, whereas religion is a "belief." Apples and oranges....

Right again Kadijah, batting a 1, 000% :)

My attention is drawn to this portion:

Understanding the scientific process, they've got all the time in the world, no rush, no push ...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back