Black Spirituality Religion : Biblical perspective on Katrina....

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Akilah, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    I received this email today and thought I would share it...I'm curious to read your viewpoints...

The name Katrina means Pure.

The dictionary defines Pure as - "Free from adulterants or impurities; Free of dirt, defilement, or pollution; Containing nothing inappropriate or extraneous". Basically, as it has been said previously..

Katrina was a cleansing, a washing away for those cities and states that had been known for sin.

Then I started to do some math as I realized that Katrina hit almost 5 years to the date of 9/11. But to be a little more exact it had been 1,814 days since 9/11. So I decided to go to the Word...I was lead to Revelations chapter 18, verse 14 (1814)

14 "They will say, 'The fruit you longed for is gone from you. All your riches and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.'
    15 The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn (sounds to me like the merchants are those who supported the sin)
    16 and cry out: "Woe! Woe, O great city, dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet, and glittering with gold (purple/gold? colors of Mardi Gras...hmmm...and don't you get beads), precious stones and pearls!
    17 In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!' (about the length of time that Katrina stayed over New Orleans ) "Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off. 18 When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, 'Was there ever a city like this great city?'

Hotepu ~

2. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Gayness and premarital sex occur all over the world. The only difference is that in some cultures being gay means you would get tortured or killed, so gays are kept in the closet. Nature has not punished these lands with a diaster.

Also, in this country worse evils have occurred throughout our history. If natural diasters occur because of sin, America would've ceased to exist a long time ago.

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I agree. I don't think this was anymore than a natural disaster that was followed by a government disaster. People are trying to make much more out of this than it is. We just had 3 fires in the Los Angeles area in the same day, and I bet we could find something in the bible that people will try and attribute these fires to. We'd have to start with the White House, the Pentagon, every court house and police station, Las Vegas, Wall Street, Hollywood and countless other sinful parts of this country first, before we can say nature is cleaning house.

I still love you Akilah :hearts1: With you're chocolate self. Mmmmmm

4. Akilah

Ratings:
    +36
    Hey, I love you too Cutie :kiss1: but I didn't write this...I was just wonderin' what folk would have to say about it,
    and of course ya'll never disappoint; Always right on target :darts:

p.s. I'll be sending you something in the mail this weekend :wink:

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

It's not so much that it is about nature doing this to destroy sin. It is a bout the Mathematics these people who CAUSE these disasters to happen use right in front of our faces knowing some of us won't catch on.....

THEY ARE ACTUALLY TELLING US THEY CAUSED THIS AND 9/11 TO HAPPEN ON PURPOSE TO ACHIEVE THEIR ULTIMATE GOAL..........

6. Akilah

Ratings:
    +36
    Hotep !

In what way are they revealing this to us Brutha InfoMoetry ?

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    you ever seen the movie entitled: the long kiss goodnight"? It's an old movie with Geena Davis and Samuel Jackson in it. It would be nice to watch it and see how they had already discussed doing what they did in New York five years before 9/11 and then blaming the Arabs for it.

8. Akilah

Ratings:
    +36
    Okay..gotcha... I remember Brutha Info telling us that "they" would put
    clues in movies and such...like dangling their plans right in our faces and
    we sit there clueless not knowing that these plans really exist.

9. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I can agree with that. I don't think homosexuality or adultery is right, but I don't think that automatically makes a person evil either. No one thing done by any man makes them good or bad. Everyone has their faults, a man can be either CONDEMNED by ONE action or BLESSED by ONE action, but neither one of them great or small should be something that is defining of him as a human being. If there is a hell in the same way the bible speaks of it, then I would speculate that 9 out of 10 people there probably weren't any worse than your average everyday person.

I've been to Stormfront White Nationals a couple(alot) of times and I feel their dislike/hatred for other nations/races of people isn't what makes them bad people, but how they go about it. You can be a logical and reasonable person even about your prejuidices. I truly believe that. Nobody has the right to judge, I also think that why haven't they made all laws excluding rape and child molestation legal? From beastiality to Oedipus(incestual) like relationships, or necrophilia to many others. Why just make an exception to one sexual lifestyle?

I'm not trying to be funny either.

10. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,318
    I was in Katrina; the city I live in is very much heavy in great sin; the whole world has it, yes, but some places have worse offenders by the numbers (and the deeds).

I do believe in it as a cleansing as the Father does not send without reason; and all weather is under His hand.