Black Spirituality Religion : *****BIBLICAL INSANITY*****

If you don't mind Brother Keita, I would like to piggy back your thread, to add some Biblical inconsistencies. Ever so often, I'll add a new one for people to ponder.

And so it goes..

We now move on to the lowest notch of arithmetic ability: that of counting. We will see that even in this, the Bible contains errors!

I Chronicles 3:22
The sons of Shemaiah: Huttush, Igal, Bariah, Neriah, and Shaphat, six.

Note that there were five sons listed, yet the Chronicler counted six! [We find similar errors in I Chronicles 25:3, where five names were also given and again the chronicler counted six. (One begins to wonder if this is a learning disorder of the chronicler) Again in I Chronicles 3: 19-20 where eight names were given and he counted five! Chronicles is not the only author who can't count, we see the same problem in the book of Joshua:

Joshua 15:33-36
And in the lowland, Eshtaol, Zorah, Ashnah, Zanoah, Engannim, Tappuah, Enam, Jarmuth, Adullam, Socoh, Azekah, Shaaraim, Adithaim, Gederah, Gederothaim: fourteen cities with their villages.

Anyone who can count will see that there are fifteen cities listed above, not fourteen. Again in Joshua 15:21-32 there were thirty-six cities actually listed but the author only counted twenty-nine! Also in Joshua 19:2-6 we have fourteen cities listed but the author said there was only thirteen.

My question is, how do Bible believers reconcile or explain this?

If you were dealing with a believer in the Bible, with the understanding that men can make some errors as the Bible is reprinted, they could come up with some explanation for that...trust me, they could do it. This is why I am choosing to do it the way that I am. COMMON SENSE and HUMAN NATURE is very hard to get around or to rationalize, simply because it is so natural to all people. Fantasies and the land of make believe is also difficult to get around...except in the mind of children. Therefore, either we are addressing the minds of children here or we are addressing the minds of adults....and there's clearly a difference. We shall see!

If you were dealing with a believer in the Bible, with the understanding that men can make some errors as the Bible is reprinted, they could come up with some explanation for that...trust me, they could do it. This is why I am choosing to do it the way that I am. COMMON SENSE and HUMAN NATURE is very hard to get around or to rationalize, simply because it is so natural to all people. Fantasies and the land of make believe is also difficult to get around...except in the mind of children. Therefore, either we are addressing the minds of children here or we are addressing the minds of adults....and there's clearly a difference. We shall see!

The problem with this one example (trust me, I have DOZENS of others), is that this goes back to the original text, not any later translations.

In the amazing children's story entitled; ALICE IN WONDERLAND, which clearly appeals to the mind of children as well as Dr. DooLittle, we run into animals that can talk and express what they think and feel. To the MIND OF A CHILD who still deals with the LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE, these would have to be some seriously entertaining movies. Alice and Dr. DooLittle are able in their world of MAKE BELIEVE, to do what we as grown adults know can not be done. They can talk to the animals and the animals can talk back to them. Even I as a child was fasinated by these fantasy stories and books. Why so? Because they took me away from reality into a WORLD OF IMAGINATION where anything was possible.

But guess what? Something happened to me. I began to grow up and to understand that all the wonderful things in my childhood world of IMAGINATION and in my LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE had to be left there. I remember reading in
1 Corinthians 13:11 the following verse that said; When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. I knew then that I could no longer think, imagine or play anymore in my childhood LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE and that I had to deal with reality instead of the FANTASY I WAS SO USED TO AS A CHILD. I was therefore shocked as a thinking adult to see that there was a talking donkey in the Bible in Numbers 22:28. Not only was there a talking donkey just like in ALICE IN WONDERLAND, the donkey apparently was even speaking in the language of Hebrew all because it was being beaten!

To the MIND OF A CHILD this would really be a touching story which they could relate to as if it was actually real...because as children that's what we do in our LAND OF MAKE BELIEVE where everything is real. However, as a THINKING ADULT, I just wasn't going to swallow that as if it was true when we as THINKING ADULTS should know the difference between FANTASY and REALITY. As I discovered this, I began to wonder what other things were in the Bible that had ADULT MINDS THINKING AS IF THEY WERE STILL CHILDREN ??

As of this time, there are over 100 creation stories around the world that speaks to the creation of man and woman on the planet. Am I surprised that we somehow got locked onto the one that's in the Bible? Not at all...after all, it's very easy to do those types of things to the MIND OF A CHILD than it is to an ADULT MIND. This led me to conclude that many people have not developed pass their childhood mind of fantasy and imagination as we embrace and promote stories from within the Bible as if they ARE ACTUAL FACT. Many will say that ADAM and EVE were the first humans created on earth...and yet in the Bible there are clearly some other people already here who cain is afraid of and becomes the reason that a God put a mark on Cain's forehead.

If you look into Genesis 4:1-15, Adam lay with his wife Eve to give birth to Cain and Abel, implying there were 4 family members on earth. Now, after Cain had killed Abel, there were only 3 people left on earth. However, after Cain's murder, when God appeared before him, rebuking him, Cain told God that he was worried of being killed by someone who would find him (Genesis 4:15). Then the LORD said to him, "Not so; if anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. Here, if there were no other people, God would not have given him a mark so that no one who found him would kill him. From this story, it is clear that there were other people besides Adam, Eve, and Cain on earth. In addition, in Genesis 4:16, Cain went out from the LORD'S presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden and Cain lay with his wife. This also provides an additional evidence that there were other people present in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

Can and does the ADULT THINKING MIND see this as REALITY? If they do, then the story of ADAM AND EVE is someone else's story and does not represent the truth as them being the first on earth.

One
emoji_02665.png
, Keita Kenyatta™
© March 2014

Last edited:
The so called "Bible" is a piece of literature.

Not sure why many think of it as anything other than such, similar to why you do not see anyone dissecting "Green Eggs and Ham".

I once upon a time dissected this piece of literature just for the discovery of what it was attempting to conclude or deliver via its simile, metaphor, and poetic nature. All of which, the fables and stories attempt to use comparative think in order to take the reader from one point to another.

The most interesting thing to note is, in order to read this book, one must somehow attend a collective gathering where one person tells you what the book is saying, as such the collective would agree with a response of "Amen".

If I were to compose a book with a number of "unicorns", "fire spitting beasts", "ghosts", "vampires", "zombies", "magicians", "werewolves", "trees that ambush people", "talking trees", levitation", "transfiguration", "talking clouds", "witchcraft", "talking animals", "human sacrifices", "animal sacrifices (with a sweet savour even), "giants", and so on and so forth...

One could ask, "how is this different from watching/reading?":

The Chronicles of Narnia
The Lord of the Rings
Twilight
Underworld

Knowing these films all derived from pieces of literature as well, I wonder how many similarities are within these as well.

I have known many people that would frown when the idea of other literature with similar characteristics, but without the proposed moral tangent that is proclaim in the so called "Bible"(I keep saying "so called" simply because it comes off a bit of an over-reach and a lot of grand-standing by the authors to call a book, "THE BOOK").

Many of the books that are along the line of the so called "Bible", tend to add the profound moral factor just like their ancient counterparts. Whether it be Khrisna, Mythra, Buddha, Heru, etc, the end result was to get the populace of that time to focus on a collective ideology so they could be easily governed without much chaos.

Polytheism involved many of the personification of creatures that were not considered human, and was not easy to structuralize on the basis of a universal currency or product which would have been these same creatures.

Consumption of animals is not a sacred ritual no more than having a Bar-B-Que is a celebration of one's favorite "Deity".

So with this being said, one can find many times when people will have a concept that is contrary to what they actually do in their own life.

Could anyone "sacrifice" their child to an unseen "Deity" simply because they say it is to be so?

Could anyone leave their luxury and walk away with the "spirit of God" alone into a place called "the Kingdom of God"?

These are no longer thoughts to be had because of the proposed "Sacrifice" that makes any of those no longer necessary, yet those actions are still held as an endearing story to many.

Ok, think this thought is about to override this post so shall wrap it up here.

A good book is a good book, I say read what you can, when you can, as long as you can.
Books that are written to help someone read a book makes me wonder what happened to the book that it needs help from other books for others to understand it.

Could the so called "Bible" be similar to how the "Star Wars" series was released at Part 4-6, and then 15+ years later Parts 1-3 were released?

Again, just a thought.

Respect

Very well said ! The major problem that we are having is that too many people have not moved or grown beyond their childhood world of MAKE BELIEVE or IMAGINATION...and as such, it has over-ridden their COMMON SENSE AND THEIR HUMAN NATURE. At the same time, there are those of us who would promote these books as being real while preying off of those who fall victim to these fantasies as being reality when it clearly isn't.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back