Black Spirituality Religion : BIBLICAL CONTRADICTIONS.......remember, I didn't write the book!

TheWitness said:
Your Right,we cant just let people tell us anything.especially these so called contradictions. Info,may I suggest you read the Bible.AGAIN.I too, am concerned, by spirituality dead people who try to steal peoples faith by claiming this stuff.Tell you what Info.lets go one on one here.Take ONE so called contradiction and break it down.YOU teach what is wrong....dont be lazy now...write out your explanation then I will do the same.Who knows, maybe people will turn in to see . This is what???The third time someones written these in the forum so far???

P.S.Why do I say one question a day?The fact is you will need time to read several chapters of the Bible . :vball:
One thing to be said about the contridictions in the Bible is that they have far more weight with SUPERFICIAL readers of it than with profound students/believers.Take a man who is totally ignorant of the real contents and meaning of the Bible; or take that class of modern preachers, or so called TEACHERS,(are you a teacher or not attempting to teach?)who read the Bible MOSTLY for the purpose of finding texts to serve as pegs to hang their own ideals upon. To such superficial readers of the Bible, these difficulties seem immensely important.
One the other hand, to the one who has learned to meditate upon the Word of God day and night, its difficulties have scarcely any weight at all. :) That rare man or woman of God who carefully studies the Bible from beginning to end more than a few times is NOT disturbed byany so called contradictions He or She encounters,but to the man who is reading it through for the first or second time , there are many things that perplex and stagger.
TheWitness

Peace,

The laziness & mind control of the so-called biblical believers is what u should be concerned about here..............I didn't write the book!

I don't exactly know what u have WITNESSed, but this is no way to start off an intellectual dialogue with someone you have never met or spoken too here on this forum. U call me Info as if we are friends and then u disrespect me & all I did was quote scriptures from YOUR book that U claim was inspired by YOUR GOD!

How can someone steal another persons faith?? I'd like u to explain that a little further for me! U don't know me yet you call me spiritually dead simply because I quoted some misleading scriptures from YOUR BOOK.....that shows that man created this book and it was not inspired by god, unless your GOD is the author of confusion!!!!!!!!!!

"you all (so-called christians) sound exactly alike" - which means your minds are not free....U don't have to like me as the disbeleivers didn't like Yash'ua either b4 & after he was gone!

I will endulge you though as I know that you have your chest poked out way too far & true knowledge of self and the creator makes one humble....

The WITNESS said: "don't be lazy now" - a so-called christians arrogance never ceases to amaze me....obviously u don't know me...well let me introduce myself to U......

I'll ask u a ? concerning the contradictions in the bible & u use the bible to answer..........shouldn't be too hard right - if u need a day to do it fine!
straight answer now, no beating around the bush or adding & subtracting just state your answer and back it up with a scripture......Let's go!!!!!!

Where was Jesus Born?????????

First we are told that news of Jesus' impending birth was conveyed to Joseph, Jesus' father, in a dream (Matt 1:20). Then we are told that the news was given to Mary, Jesus' mother, by an angel (Lk 1:28). Which of these two stories are true? Was it Joseph who got the news or Mary? Christians will say that they both got it. Then why does the Gospel of Matthew fail to mention the angel appearing to Mary and the Gospel of Luke fail to mention Joseph's dream? On one hand we are told that Jesus' parents went on a journey before the baby was born (Lk 2:4-7) and on the other that they went on a journey after the birth (Matt 2:13-14). Which of these true stories is true? When we come to where Jesus was actually born we meet with more contradictions. Was Jesus born at home (Matt 1:24-25) or was he born in a manger at the back of an inn (Lk 2:7)?

Luke has Mary and Joseph travelling from their home in Nazareth in Galilee to Bethlehem in Judea for the birth of Jesus (Luke 2:4).

Peace.
The laziness & mind control of the so-called biblical believers is what u should be concerned about here..............I didn't write the book!>>I can tell you didnt :)

don't exactly know what u have WITNESSed, but this is no way to start off an intellectual dialogue with someone you have never met or spoken too here on this forum. U call me Info as if we are friends and then u disrespect me & all I did was quote scriptures from YOUR book that U claim was inspired by YOUR GOD! >>>>Stop crying .I have spent awhile reading you, i know all I need to know....as for the disrespect...not at all...sensitive are we??

The WITNESS said: "don't be lazy now" - a so-called christians arrogance never ceases to amaze me....obviously u don't know me...well let me introduce myself to U......And you are???
How can someone steal another persons faith?? I'd like u to explain that a little further for me! U don't know me yet you call me spiritually dead simply because I quoted some misleading scriptures from YOUR BOOK.....that shows that man created this book and it was not inspired by god, unless your GOD is the author of confusion........You proved my point, Thank You.The misleading quotes are yours, or someones elses opinion.YOU prove them wrong, I want the how, when ,and where.

will endulge you though as I know that you have your chest poked out way too far & true knowledge of self and the creator makes one humble....>>>Pssssttt my chest is poked out way too far as I wear a Bra . I agree that knowledge of self and the creator makes one humble.
I'll ask u a ? concerning the contradictions in the bible & u use the bible to answer..........shouldn't be too hard right - if u need a day to do it fine!
straight answer now, no beating around the bush or adding & subtracting just state your answer and back it up with a scripture......Let's go!!!!!!

First we are told that news of Jesus' impending birth was conveyed to Joseph, Jesus' father, in a dream (Matt 1:20). Then we are told that the news was given to Mary, Jesus' mother, by an angel (Lk 1:28). Which of these two stories are true? Was it Joseph who got the news or Mary? Christians will say that they both got it. Then why does the Gospel of Matthew fail to mention the angel appearing to Mary and the Gospel of Luke fail to mention Joseph's dream? On one hand we are told that Jesus' parents went on a journey before the baby was born (Lk 2:4-7) and on the other that they went on a journey after the birth (Matt 2:13-14). Which of these true stories is true? When we come to where Jesus was actually born we meet with more contradictions. Was Jesus born at home (Matt 1:24-25) or was he born in a manger at the back of an inn (Lk 2:7)?

Luke has Mary and Joseph travelling from their home in Nazareth in Galilee to Bethlehem in Judea for the birth of Jesus (Luke 2:4). NOW NOW NOW....

While I do admire you trying to throw me a question thats not even on your list, I wont bite, unless of course you cant even explain why the 1st question on your list is a contradiction. :)If you cant answer it thats cool.Now.....I believe the question YOU were suppose to EXPLAIN away was the following...

1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6
Now, lets stick to the challenge...Explain, in detail,how this is a contradiction.Then I, in return will explain how ,when, and why it isnt.

TheWitness

TheWitness said:
Peace.
The laziness & mind control of the so-called biblical believers is what u should be concerned about here..............I didn't write the book!>>I can tell you didnt :)

don't exactly know what u have WITNESSed, but this is no way to start off an intellectual dialogue with someone you have never met or spoken too here on this forum. U call me Info as if we are friends and then u disrespect me & all I did was quote scriptures from YOUR book that U claim was inspired by YOUR GOD! >>>>Stop crying .I have spent awhile reading you, i know all I need to know....as for the disrespect...not at all...sensitive are we??

The WITNESS said: "don't be lazy now" - a so-called christians arrogance never ceases to amaze me....obviously u don't know me...well let me introduce myself to U......And you are???
How can someone steal another persons faith?? I'd like u to explain that a little further for me! U don't know me yet you call me spiritually dead simply because I quoted some misleading scriptures from YOUR BOOK.....that shows that man created this book and it was not inspired by god, unless your GOD is the author of confusion........You proved my point, Thank You.The misleading quotes are yours, or someones elses opinion.YOU prove them wrong, I want the how, when ,and where.

will endulge you though as I know that you have your chest poked out way too far & true knowledge of self and the creator makes one humble....>>>Pssssttt my chest is poked out way too far as I wear a Bra . I agree that knowledge of self and the creator makes one humble.

Luke has Mary and Joseph travelling from their home in Nazareth in Galilee to Bethlehem in Judea for the birth of Jesus (Luke 2:4). NOW NOW NOW....

While I do admire you trying to throw me a question thats not even on your list, I wont bite, unless of course you cant even explain why the 1st question on your list is a contradiction. :)If you cant answer it thats cool.Now.....I believe the question YOU were suppose to EXPLAIN away was the following...

Now, lets stick to the challenge...Explain, in detail,how this is a contradiction.Then I, in return will explain how ,when, and why it isnt.

TheWitness

Dear Witness forgive me as I did not know you were a female or I wouldn't have come at u that way, but remember u came at me with this challeng & didn't even say hi to me.....................which may have blinded me to your gender........it's no excuse though, please forgive me!

OK, let's do it your way..............

first of all there is no challenge, nor anything for me to explain as it is laid out in front of us in the scriptures.......

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, [it was] very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

"And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart" - and furthermore how can God repent??? what is he repenting for??? How can the "perfect" God repent as repenting is to ask for forgiveness.............I humbly ask WHO IS GOD ASKING FORGIVENESS FROM sista????

- as I've said many times b4 I don't mean to offend anyone but it is what it is & we can't continue as a people unless we "seek knowledge that WE may be made free", instead of waiting on someone to free you WHICH IS THE DEFINITION OF LAZY.............

peace sista!!!!

Nisa said:
I have not read the BIBLE..but this is an incentive for me to being reading it.I was raised as a Muslim, but Muslims read the BIBLE as well. I don't follow a particular religion as of the current moment,but I respect all religions.They all have a universal truth. :read:

Peace Nisa,

this is true & Muslims can't be muslim unless they believe In Jesus, though they only view him as a prophet....I encourage everyone to read the bible & Qu'ran for the more we do we will be able to see that Jesus & prophet Muhammad are really one......Christians must read the Qu'ran the same way Muslims read the bible & I feel they would get along alot better than they do now!

I don't follow any religions either for I can't stand the fact that all they do is separate us from each other, but if I have quesions on either book then I feel I should ask as this is the only way to have that ? answered which is the reason for this thread....I wanted to know why so many contradictions in the bible....In all there are 610 (wow) I only listed a little over a hundred here & christians are mad at me as they have been since I joined this site & started asking them ?'s.......but they are quiet when I ask a muslim ? on what they state as fact from their scriptures or the name of the God they claim.....I wonder why that is........

Anyway, I appreciate your honesty & the fact that viewing this might cause you to read the bible.....

I wish you peace & prosperity Nisa!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back