Black Spirituality Religion : Bible verses: The how to of Slavery.

Peace fam.

Yes, disturbing indeed. Though old news for those some, and irrelevant to others.

Listen, I got a question. I been hearing a few Christian Brothers and Sisters opinion on the Old Testament and the New Testament.

Some say that the Old Testament is obsolete (so whatever is in there doesn't apply to them) because Jesus came back (or soemthing) to clear up some of the stuff in there because the OT was too hard or something....? Heard anything about that?

Like, not eating swine, or the slave thing, which are both in the OT (although I see your NT reference) was too harsh - so Jesus came back and changed that.

It has always been my opinion that the whole Bible is the holy, unchanging word of God (God being eternal, without flaw etc) - so how is it that his old words had to be changed?

Insight anyone?

One,

- Ikoro

Peace to you,

Yes I've had the same discussions with Christians. Personally I feel the old testament is discounted because of the similarities between the Indigenous religion(African, in which the Hebrew priest were in the act of suppressing) and Judaism e.g, divination(urmim and thurim) astrology, dream interpretation,animal sacrifice, human sacrifice(story of Abraham) just to name a few.

peace Ikoro

- i can take a guess -

They have no idea what they are talking about and only repeating what some sinister who went to cemetary school told them early one sun-day mornin' after he/she had their fill of massa's good bacon and snausages...

"can' be nuttin's wrong wit dat de're swine, it jus tas'e too good to be rebuk' bi da lor'd! Is u sho' dat verse is right? I'se t'inks we'se bes ta stik wit Paul on dis one"

:SuN049:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back