Black Spirituality Religion : Bible verses: The how to of Slavery.

Not so fast, fullspeed, I know your ship is sinking fast, but you ain't taking me down with you.

"In Awo Dino's very good explanation of the development of slavery in Africa, he didn't mention Christian missionaries going first to set the foundation for domination of the culture. According to him, the culture of exchanging humans for gold, stuff, money, or power was already in place before the boys in the boats showed up."

I didn't mention it because it is already established and known by all the world. The missionaries were part and parcel to the Atlantic slave trade. All you have to do is read the writings of the traders and missionaries themselves.
Now, we are all waiting for your response to the Anglican church's mea culpa

Know one is more gleeful than abdurratin to watch you sink, but he should also slow his roll, because just as Chrisitan involvement in the slave trade is documented history, so is Islamic involvement. His sinking ship is actually a more pitiful thing to watch, as at least you (fullspeed) are going down with some dignity.

It depends on which liar you ask.

Yeah.

I recall that apology.

Good lookin'.

Now I ask, because honestly I don't know....
but is the anglican church protestant?

The Church of England are a bunch of liars, queers and sex perverts which makes their "apology" suspect to say the least. Let me offer details.

The sex pervert Henry VII was a member in good standing of the Holy Roman Catholic Church until...

Until they told him to stop being such a pervert in public. Whew! See, they refered sex perversion of a different order. Instead of marrying one woman murdering her so that he could marry another and still remain in good Cathoilic communion, they wanted the king to choose between celibacy and monogamy. Catholic monogamy does not allow for remarriage after divorce. This is why Henry VII being a Catholic genius, murdered his wife so he could remarry.

I know all this is hard to believe. But, try to imagine just how mean and evil these people realy are.

When he got ready to remarry again, he forgot to murder his existing wife. When the Catholics told him that he could not do it that way, he got mad and told them to go and do you know what. From now, I Henry VII am your effing equal (if not your superior). I do not need no stupid popes telling me when to murder my wives. Shucks! I be King of England. And, from now on I be a pope TOO. Thus, began the Church of England.

Now, here comes to the interesting part. When Hnery VII went to hell to burn, King Elizabeth I became king. She had a bad habit of murdering people too. But, her victims were not her hunsbands because she preferred wives to husbands. But, she did not marry them. See, in those days, there was no gay marriage in the Church of England. There is now, though. Anyway, when she went to hell, England got its first queen: Queen James of Bible fame.

Around Queen James' time, they started to lie about the history of the Church in Egland. They claimed that Christianity had not come to England through the Church of Rome, something similar to the lies Full Speed told. They are old lies, nothing is new about them. I do not remember exactly the name of the "saint" who who purportedly brought Christianity to England before the Roamns did. It does not matter anyhow because we all know the truth: Rome establsihed Christianity in England. So, whoever that "saint" was he is marginal and insignioficant to the truth of the matter.

Here's where this discussion might go next, since we have pretty much exhausted the original point.
Monotheism as part an parcel to empire building.
The Persians, way before the Judeo-Christian religion or Islam, had developed a monotheistic religion, namely, "Zoroastrianism," that arises as the empire arises. And, it seems throughout history, monotheism rises hand in hand with empire building. For a universal monotheism allows for converts, and it covers all people. The Jews built on Zoroastrianism.

Is monotheism simply part of empire building?

Speaking of BS questions....

But, your point is well taken. It is actually a very good point, one that I would like to furhter drive home and delve on a bit.

Empire buildng is one thing. What I would like to poin out is that Monotheism is Unifying force that brings smaller polities into larger and broader entities for the purpose of common cause, good or bad. There is positive and negative in everything. If empires tend to be negative other macro political entities such as united republics and unions of states are not so negative, except when they go to the radical exreme of tryig to destroy Monotheism as did Soviet Union did.

In the case of China, there is Islam under communist rule. Plus, Budhism cannot be considered truly Monothesistic due to its idolatry. But, there is only one idol to worship. So, for the purposes of this discussion, China is also to be considered a Monotheistic nation. Plus, the Maoist have proven intelligent and wise enough to know not to try to destry Islam and Budhism in China, despite the Cultural Revolution.

This is one reason I consider Islam to be wholly compatible with African Unity and Pan-Africanism. And, I sort of think that Islam will and is playing a major Unifying role in the African Nation as we speak.

I hope not.

But if it does.

Hopefully it will be on a new thread.

To do it here, I opine that it will show itself as a serious act of desperation.
(Like pulling up old threads regarding afrika in retaliation for remarks made
about xianity)

The same applies to non-Monotheism and anti-Monotheism, like it or not.

Poor little fake Muslim Abdurratin says,
"Watch it, now. I have given you Christians your props and your due respect. So, do not try to ease into a collaboration with paganism to conspire against Islam. I do not appreciate it. That paper made some very snide and untrue remarks against Islam and is to be discredited as unfair and subjective for that reason alone. Hence, except for a few very short sentences, it is garbage, hogwash, a bunch of lies and pathetic propaganda."

I wasn't even out to "get" Islam, this was more about pre-history and the development f slavery thruogh time. My info on Islamic complicity comes mostly from Muslim scholars. Like Christian complicity, Islamic complicity and participation in slavery is well documented and part of history; there are plenty of written documents from the time. You, the fake Muslim, are what is a joke here, as you wiggle and squirm and pitifully squeal, "lies, dam lies." like Gollum from lord of the rings.
it's a nauseating spectacle.

Naw. I did not say and do not think you are out to "get Islam". I do think, however, that you did what most so-called scholars and intellectual do; and that is simply go with the flow. In this case, the flow is always to get Islam. So, you did it without even thinking about it, hoping that your "poor little fake Muslim" would not see it or ingore it.

I think it was Dr. Henry Louis Gates Jr. who coined the pharse "honest historical scholarship". That is what I am commited to: honesty. So, I do not deny that Muslims have failed to always honor the anti-slavery inherent in Islam and Monotheism. And, I do not deny that some Muslims have copied the Christian example and tried to justify slavery in Islam. However, as I have already said at the risk of appearing to be egotistical, I have come to you to offer new insight into the matter and to take Islamic scholarship and Islamic thought to a more accurate understanding of Revelation.

Dumbing this down, I have said repeatedly that we must study Quran in Arabic. By doing so, we avoid the pitfalls set by various translators who often do not understand and appreciate western culture sufficiently to choose the correct words to translate various concepts and words into English that can be adaquately understand by the descandants of slave, at a minimum.

For instance, the very best translators have translated the Arabic abdan as "votary". This is due in part to the fact that all Muslims consider themselves to be slaves to GOD at some level. But, from the perspective of slaves, where Islam actually started, there is a much deeper story to be told. See, essentially, slaves have been written out of history in most Muslim countries because, like it or not, it has historically played such a minor and insignificant role there. But, for descandants of slaves, we must re-write it into history so that we can attain a more accurate understanding of our history as Africans.

So, the dumbest non-Muslims in the world know that abd means slave in Arabic. So, they call us "poor fake Muslims" Arab "flunkies", etc. because our names often contain the word abd. But, when we see abd in the Very First Revelation in Quran, we pretend that it is not there, being consist of to the lying fake and dishonest scholarship of most of Christianity. Now, who is "fake"?

So, I have offered this insight, here no less, in order to bring western and westernized cultures closer to Islam, or at least to a better and more accurate understanding of Islam.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back