Black Spirituality Religion : Bible on Trial

Keita Kenyatta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
I think that based upon the structural base of politics in America, Freemasonry, laws and other codes that are tied up with and in the bible, that the bible has outlived its so called moral standing it supposedly at one time held.

Everyone here is able to snatch some form of discrimination or bias out of the bible as a means for discontinuing its use. Some will speak about how it was used to support and justify the enslavement of our people. Some will mention its anti women's agenda or the racism and outright lies and impossibilities written in there.

So what's the point? The point is...do you think that religion or religious books should have less of a social sway or pull on society than it does? If so, why? If not, why not?

I think that based upon the structural base of politics in America, Freemasonry, laws and other codes that are tied up with and in the bible, that the bible has outlived its so called moral standing it supposedly at one time held.

Everyone here is able to snatch some form of discrimination or bias out of the bible as a means for discontinuing its use. Some will speak about how it was used to support and justify the enslavement of our people. Some will mention its anti women's agenda or the racism and outright lies and impossibilities written in there.

So what's the point? The point is...do you think that religion or religious books should have less of a social sway or pull on society than it does? If so, why? If not, why not?
That is unlikely to happen since the ruling elite wants it that way, the Christian/ Mohammedan religions leaves these minds open for suggestion, meaning that reality is secondary to what you can have them believe. In reality they do not practice any religion but in fact continually study and review their "holy" books that they can recite any part of at a moments notice. there's more but I'll stop here.

Peace, my brother.

I can't speak for others but I know for myself that my Scriptures are Divinely relating to me in the present, relating to my present experiences. I do not feel that the Bible is outdated. Perhaps everyone is different and can say individually whether or not they can relate to the Bible. Given, the "Old" Testament is an "Old" Covenant, but for me, my Scriptures are very much Divinely alive today (I am a Sabian and my Scriptures are the Book of Psalms.)

Perhaps the issue is that we have left & turned away from the Bible and not that it has left and turned away from us.

Just a heads-up in case you missed this:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/rip-keita-otiba-kenyatta-08-13-1956-02-06-2015.82717/

Welcome to Destee.com Broham ...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back