Black Entertainment : Beyonce's Father is Out of Order

Qatavia

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 10, 2006
Beyoncé's Dad Is a Nightmare for Dreamgirls
By Marc Malkin
Dec 14, 2006 5:55 PM

The supposed rift between Beyoncé Knowles and her Dreamgirls costar, Jennifer Hudson, may have been greatly exaggerated.

Rumors have been swirling that Beyoncé is miffed because Hudson is the movie's obvious breakout star for her role as powerhouse vocalist Effie White. But sources told me today that Beyoncé has always known Effie was a showier role than Beyoncé's own soft-spoken Deena Jones. "Beyoncé is a confident girl," a pal tells me. "She doesn't get jealous of people."

So, where did these rumors get started? It sounds like Beyoncé's father, Matthew Knowles, may be to blame.

I'm told things soured between the Knowles family and Ms. Hudson because Daddy Knowles tried unsuccessfully to woo the former American Idol contestant as a client to his Houston-based Music World Entertainment management company.

"He tried to sign her halfway through production of Dreamgirls because he wanted to be her manager," my source says, "but Jennifer turned him down. That's when things really went south."

Although Hudson already had management during this time, a source tells me Matthew has recently told some people he's actually been managing her "for a while now."

"He walks around saying he's her manager, and everyone is like, 'No, you're not,' " a source says.

In other words, it doesn't look like Beyoncé has a problem with Hudson getting so much of the Dreamgirls attention. It looks like it's Daddy's bruised ego that's causing the ruckus.

I'm told that Daddy was so insulted by her refusal to sign with him that he demanded the movie be re-edited to lessen Hudson's screen time and boost Beyoncé's. He argued that his daughter was being shortchanged but was rebuffed by the studio and the filmmakers. In one meeting with director Bill Condon, I'm told, Beyoncé's mom, Tina, went into a "tirade" about how he ruined the movie for her daughter. "It was supposed to be her Oscar role," Tina hissed, according to a source.

Matthew and Tina Knowles did not return calls by deadline.

As for Beyoncé and Hudson, a source close to Dreamgirls says they get along just fine. "It's the dad," the source said. "He's just like Curtis, Jamie Foxx's character in Dreamgirls."

All the drama aside, today was a good day to be a Dreamgirl. The movie nabbed five Golden Globes nominations. Two for Beyoncé, one apiece for Hudson and Eddie Murphy and another for Best Picture in the musical or comedy category.

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/planetgossip/blog/index.jsp?uuid=87ad24c9-a7bb-4013-8023-c75f4877de94

Qatavia said:
Beyoncé's Dad Is a Nightmare for Dreamgirls
By Marc Malkin
Dec 14, 2006 5:55 PM

The supposed rift between Beyoncé Knowles and her Dreamgirls costar, Jennifer Hudson, may have been greatly exaggerated.

Rumors have been swirling that Beyoncé is miffed because Hudson is the movie's obvious breakout star for her role as powerhouse vocalist Effie White. But sources told me today that Beyoncé has always known Effie was a showier role than Beyoncé's own soft-spoken Deena Jones. "Beyoncé is a confident girl," a pal tells me. "She doesn't get jealous of people."

So, where did these rumors get started? It sounds like Beyoncé's father, Matthew Knowles, may be to blame.

I'm told things soured between the Knowles family and Ms. Hudson because Daddy Knowles tried unsuccessfully to woo the former American Idol contestant as a client to his Houston-based Music World Entertainment management company.

"He tried to sign her halfway through production of Dreamgirls because he wanted to be her manager," my source says, "but Jennifer turned him down. That's when things really went south."

Although Hudson already had management during this time, a source tells me Matthew has recently told some people he's actually been managing her "for a while now."

"He walks around saying he's her manager, and everyone is like, 'No, you're not,' " a source says.

In other words, it doesn't look like Beyoncé has a problem with Hudson getting so much of the Dreamgirls attention. It looks like it's Daddy's bruised ego that's causing the ruckus.

I'm told that Daddy was so insulted by her refusal to sign with him that he demanded the movie be re-edited to lessen Hudson's screen time and boost Beyoncé's. He argued that his daughter was being shortchanged but was rebuffed by the studio and the filmmakers. In one meeting with director Bill Condon, I'm told, Beyoncé's mom, Tina, went into a "tirade" about how he ruined the movie for her daughter. "It was supposed to be her Oscar role," Tina hissed, according to a source.

Matthew and Tina Knowles did not return calls by deadline.

As for Beyoncé and Hudson, a source close to Dreamgirls says they get along just fine. "It's the dad," the source said. "He's just like Curtis, Jamie Foxx's character in Dreamgirls."

All the drama aside, today was a good day to be a Dreamgirl. The movie nabbed five Golden Globes nominations. Two for Beyoncé, one apiece for Hudson and Eddie Murphy and another for Best Picture in the musical or comedy category.

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/planetgossip/blog/index.jsp?uuid=87ad24c9-a7bb-4013-8023-c75f4877de94

This is a very good movie with an excellent cast. Jennifer Hudson has some very moving performances and Eddie Murphy demonstrates that he has really become a serious performer who actually can sing more than "She Likes to Party All The Time".

This is definitely a frontrunner for Best Picture in the musical category.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back