Black Entertainment : beyonce in black face

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by jamesfrmphilly, Feb 20, 2011.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
  2. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Whaaat?

You know why this actually qualifies as some twisted form of blackface, though?

Because you can see the outfit she is wearing, the style has got 'ethnic' written all over it. In this case, the 'ethnic' is Afrika, and so she must have a COAL-DARK face, because we all know that is what Afrikans really look like - but Beyonce does not.

Just browsing thru that text, and they seem to be saying the clothing is a tribute to Afrikan queens and/or Fela Kuti (my french is not that strong lol).

It's sad to see... Why would she let white folk dress her up like that and try convince her 'this is chique, this Afrikan, this is original and stylish - trust us'.

Thanks for sharing Elder James.

One,z

- Ikoro

3. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    in the old days we would have never seen this in the US.
    but now, with the internet, any dirt you do will come to light.

4. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +666
  5. Bxblasta

Bxblasta Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +160
    She is lost, and its clear that her mind is in someone else's hands. People have to realize that these photo shoots are put together by whites, and blacks do not choose what they wear or how they pose. Therefore many people go along with the false notion that these black "stars" have so much control and leverage over their careers, when really we are only being demoralized and mocked. It's hard for me to trust any black deeply involved in the entertainment industry, especially now.

6. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i agree but i think that once you get a few million in the bank you should be independent.

if you have enough money to live for the rest of your life why take orders?
    if you have one hundred million you can produce what you want.
    they need to lose the slave mind.

7. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    You guys are surprised at this? lol ...they have a day called ''blackie day'' and they still call black people 'coloured' in Europe...i actually prefer it this way..i like my racists nice and visible- none of that fake smiling American whites have a habit of doing...

as far as beyonce going along with this..**shrugs** you can tell from how she interviews that she not exactly the most intellectually sophisticated person out there, and her new hair color matches her mental acuity..:qqb016:

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

A few million, thousand, or hundred, it's all relative ... for no matter the income, we all do the same.

The Sister or Brother making the hundred a month, thinks those that make the thousand should do different and better. Those making the thousand, think the millionaires, should do better ... and of course ... those who make nothing, are starving and dying daily, think all of the above should do different and better.

This cycle and circumstance keeps us all looking at the next one of us, what they are doing, what they are getting ... while never really focusing on self, what self could do different and or better ... for we've all determined it is someone else's job to do ... one more able than us.

In addition, forever critiquing the victims of the system, keeps our eyes off the system.

Everyone is simply trying to maintain what the system has let them have.

We can name the Black Folk who have been allowed to make a lot of money, only to end up in jail, riches taken, and posted up via an unflattering mug shot.

Nobody wants that end ... so everyone does their best ... to maintain the income they've been allowed to experience.

The hundred-aire, and thousand-aire, doesn't want to be the one that loses their job either ... so they comply.

No matter how much money one has, they don't want to lose it, and we've seen the system come take the money back, at every level there is.

We all know they can take it, so we comply ... at whatever level of income they've allowed us to experience ... with compliance requirements determined by the level.

The hundred-aire will not be required to do the same as the thousand-aire, and likewise, the millionaire. Different perks and different requirements for each level. So it's no surprise that only the gazillion-aire level, makes the cover of magazines, doing these things ... but make no mistake ... you are doing what is required of you, at the level you're on.

At some point we must recognize that we're all in the same boat, subject to the same things, and begin working from that reality.

Instead of pointing fingers at each other, for basically doing the same things we all do.

We all comply to whatever they want, to keep our jobs, income, etc.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

9. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Beyonce was the highest paid entertainer in '09 and i believe in '10, she allowed her skin to be lightened for an advertisement campaign and she is now being depicted in what looks like black face- but those of us- consumers(the targets) can't say a thing about it because she is black and therefore a victim of the ''system''?...

I'm not buying it, some black people in the industry are all about business and that's fine.. but to say they cannot be criticize because they too are ''victims'' like the average black person, i think is an over exaggeration.....

so do you think the drug dealer on the corner using school age children do make drug runs, should be allowed to do his or her thing because he has a child at home to feed and is a victim of the system?

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

I didn't say they couldn't be criticized ... in fact, i pay for an online community where folk have done this very thing for 13+ years.

I'm down for my people working this out inside of themselves ... and if that includes pointing fingers at others ... manifesting the crab in the barrel mentality ... so be it.

Beyonce, a drug dealer, the president, or whomever ... we are all subject to the system, and make decisions accordingly.

Now, with that being said, we do have some control in some situations.

You asked, do we ALLOW the drug dealer to continue, my answer is no ... if you have the ability to stop him.

No one that has posted in this thread, has the ability to stop Beyonce from doing these things (i don't believe, and if i'm wrong, correct me).

Some in this thread may have the ability to stop a drug dealer in their community, and if so, they should.

We should also stop Sisters and Brothers from cursing their own people, if we can, for that hurts us too ... so many things we all do, hurt our people.

We should stop what we can, but ultimately ... each individual must determine for themselves ... what they will and won't do.

I don't want drug dealers doing as you've described, but i can't stop them ... when the system continually feeds them drugs to sell ... allows those Black Men no other gainful employment ... and they want to eat. Stopping them must include gainful employment opportunities ... somehow ... that pays them wages enough to sustain themselves.

But nobody is talking about how to stop anything ... we're only pointing fingers ... criticizing ... and of course, you're welcome to continue.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee