Black Entertainment : Beyonce, Halle Berry, even Kerry Washington: Tragic Mulattoes or not???

Alafia!

Moon Child and omowalejabali, I appreciate your comments (as well as everyone else's contributions here, whether they were antagonistic or not: it's all growth and evolution of understanding a different perspective)...As for my Beyonce-as-Oshun theme, I do AGREE that Beyonce's image is part of the Illuminati agenda and incorporates heavily sumerian goddesses Ishtar/Inanna (especially Rihanna! I think she is definitely an illuminati programmed to channel the Whore of Babalon/Inanna which I wrote about in my old blog APrinceShouldNeverFlinch at blogspot....google "Rihanna as Inanna" to find my blog entry on that @"You Dare to Dream Really Do Come True" and feel free to read through some of my old musings, including thoughts on the demon Sasha Fierce and the Sex Kitten programming of many of these celeb slaves)

Actually, I have love/hate relationship with Beyonce. one part of me dismisses her as a gold-digging, power hungry, uneducated, vapid, sellout wench/house negro who follows the illuminati agendas to corrupt and mislead our Black people from our true spiritual selves with music and lyrics to dumb us down....

another side of me sees in some of her images and lyrics and videos a woman who wants to empower herself and other women; a woman who shows love to men without conceding to being beneath them; a woman who seeks to unite other women and encourage female alliances rather than sterotypical inter-fighting and jealousy among sisters....

I have been a follower of the orisha path for 7 years now so I do know all of the qualities of Oshun you mentioned previously. I in NO WAY intend to DISRESPECT the Divinity of Oshun Herself by degrading her to the level of equality with Beyonce AT ALL! please don't get that misunderstood. I'm not saying Beyonce is necessarily to be taken as an example of Oshun; instead, honestly, I am trying with my blog and the book I'm writing, trying to reach a broader audience and get Oshun's name and knowledge out to some of the masses through the filter of Beyonce's Image.

My plan/vision was that, since Beyonce is so immensely popular to the common people, anything with her name on it will inevitably draw attention. I think we all can agree on that: you know that even if you are not brainwashed into following the celebrity "news" or magazines or tv shows, you know that at some point throughout your day, out ofyour control, you WILL hear or see something concerning Beyonce. this is the scope of her fame, like it or not. So, why not take advantage of that exposure to connect her name to Oshun's to draw more attention so that other people will open their eyes to the orisha? If some mindless sheep are searching Google and stumble upon my blog looking for the latest news on Beyonce, isn't it good that they just might have a seed planted to want to know more about Iya Oshun? This was my idea and I apologize if it is offensive to anyone or if anyone perceives it as minimizing the greatness of YeYe.

as for the other comments, I agree with Each1teach1 who posted that the Problem is now that these people are Tragic Negroes, not just Mulattoes. And, sorry if I ruffled any feathers on the specificity on exactly what constitutes the term mulatto. i didn't know it was so serious to be defined so literally down to the letter (i.e. whether or not their skin tone is light enough or whether or not they actually have one Black and one white parent)-- I merely wanted to capture the "Spirit" of the stereotype/archetype as it is recognized, not become a scientist dissecting their familial origins...

Alafia!

Moon Child and omowalejabali, I appreciate your comments (as well as everyone else's contributions here, whether they were antagonistic or not: it's all growth and evolution of understanding a different perspective)...As for my Beyonce-as-Oshun theme, I do AGREE that Beyonce's image is part of the Illuminati agenda and incorporates heavily sumerian goddesses Ishtar/Inanna (especially Rihanna! I think she is definitely an illuminati programmed to channel the Whore of Babalon/Inanna which I wrote about in my old blog APrinceShouldNeverFlinch at blogspot....google "Rihanna as Inanna" to find my blog entry on that @"You Dare to Dream Really Do Come True" and feel free to read through some of my old musings, including thoughts on the demon Sasha Fierce and the Sex Kitten programming of many of these celeb slaves)

Actually, I have love/hate relationship with Beyonce. one part of me dismisses her as a gold-digging, power hungry, uneducated, vapid, sellout wench/house negro who follows the illuminati agendas to corrupt and mislead our Black people from our true spiritual selves with music and lyrics to dumb us down....

another side of me sees in some of her images and lyrics and videos a woman who wants to empower herself and other women; a woman who shows love to men without conceding to being beneath them; a woman who seeks to unite other women and encourage female alliances rather than sterotypical inter-fighting and jealousy among sisters....

I have been a follower of the orisha path for 7 years now so I do know all of the qualities of Oshun you mentioned previously. I in NO WAY intend to DISRESPECT the Divinity of Oshun Herself by degrading her to the level of equality with Beyonce AT ALL! please don't get that misunderstood. I'm not saying Beyonce is necessarily to be taken as an example of Oshun; instead, honestly, I am trying with my blog and the book I'm writing, trying to reach a broader audience and get Oshun's name and knowledge out to some of the masses through the filter of Beyonce's Image.

My plan/vision was that, since Beyonce is so immensely popular to the common people, anything with her name on it will inevitably draw attention. I think we all can agree on that: you know that even if you are not brainwashed into following the celebrity "news" or magazines or tv shows, you know that at some point throughout your day, out ofyour control, you WILL hear or see something concerning Beyonce. this is the scope of her fame, like it or not. So, why not take advantage of that exposure to connect her name to Oshun's to draw more attention so that other people will open their eyes to the orisha? If some mindless sheep are searching Google and stumble upon my blog looking for the latest news on Beyonce, isn't it good that they just might have a seed planted to want to know more about Iya Oshun? This was my idea and I apologize if it is offensive to anyone or if anyone perceives it as minimizing the greatness of YeYe.

as for the other comments, I agree with Each1teach1 who posted that the Problem is now that these people are Tragic Negroes, not just Mulattoes. And, sorry if I ruffled any feathers on the specificity on exactly what constitutes the term mulatto. i didn't know it was so serious to be defined so literally down to the letter (i.e. whether or not their skin tone is light enough or whether or not they actually have one Black and one white parent)-- I merely wanted to capture the "Spirit" of the stereotype/archetype as it is recognized, not become a scientist dissecting their familial origins...

Greetings!

Thank you for sharing your perspective. I understand it better.

I do have one "issue" with what your trying to do and that is to link Beyonce with Oshun knowing that she does not in fact carry this energy. Although you are correct in how her name does attract attention, unless you are building up Oshun as an example of WHAT THE POSITIVE CONTRIBUTIONS SHE MAKES TOWARD THE BLACK OR AFRICAN COMMUNITY are, vs the negative state of Beyonce, and how she DOES NOT in fact carry these characteristics, then I don't see how that will help Orisha??

If your book is using Beyonce as a filter, then the real power of Oshun could be lost or even greater misunderstood, especially by those who do not understand the culture. But that is only my opinion and I am not judging your vision. I am just providing my point of view.

Be well..

Ase'

Greetings!

Thank you for sharing your perspective. I understand it better.

I do have one "issue" with what your trying to do and that is to link Beyonce with Oshun knowing that she does not in fact carry this energy. Although you are correct in how her name does attract attention, unless you are building up Oshun as an example of WHAT THE POSITIVE CONTRIBUTIONS SHE MAKES TOWARD THE BLACK OR AFRICAN COMMUNITY are, vs the negative state of Beyonce, and how she DOES NOT in fact carry these characteristics, then I don't see how that will help Orisha??

If your book is using Beyonce as a filter, then the real power of Oshun could be lost or even greater misunderstood, especially by those who do not understand the culture. But that is only my opinion and I am not judging your vision. I am just providing my point of view.

Be well..

Ase'
Yes, you are so right. I have been concerned myself honestly that Oshun and the Ifa path as a whole can/will be misunderstood by connecting it to Beyonce... and, yes, if you read my blog you will find that I am presenting YeYe Oshun as a completely positive force in our community, especially in the spirits, bodies, and psyches of our Black Womben...My blog does NOT just talk about Beyonce; in fact, it speaks to women about the empowerment in Femininity as Oshun teaches: in the virtues of grace and sweetness and cunning and craft. It speaks on the Black Womban as creator of the Universe and the Universe Herself. It speaks on how Oshun's lessons and energy patterns resonate within or girls and women in various ways and practices...I even include many quotes from scholarly literature and scriptures on Oshun's history, mythology, and iconography. I even cross-reference my understandings of Oshun with other sacred feminine forces. Why, though, should I bash Beyonce (as if enough negative energy is not already perpetuated towards how she's a whore and luciferian and satanist) instead of using that energy that will be directed towards her ANYWAY and channeling it towards a positive female image?

If the masses continue to view Beyonce as a whore, sellout, satanist, demoness, then how does that uplift the vibration for ALL Black womben? You know what is projected onto one will come right back around to the rest of us in one shape/form or another, to a lesser degree....Why does it benefit me to degrade and criticise one Black Sister (no matter IF she is indeed brainwashed) when the same misconceptions can be projected onto me or my friend or mother or daughter as well? How does that help? Why not try to find the GOOD qualities in Beyonce's images/lyrics/videos as I have attempted and use them for a Higher purpose? It's bad enough the illuminati is already using her; why not reject the image of her they are trying to embed onto our consciousness (i.e Whore of Babalon/Inanna/Ishtar/Sasha "Demon" Fierce), and instead find the spark of goodness and light that is still there, somewhere? See what I mean?

Let me put it this way: Beyonce, for better or worse, IS quite possible the unequivocal MOST popular Black Performer of the current times. Her face WILL be everywhere now while she's at her peak, like it or not. Around the world, people are looking to her (whether they're ignorant/brainwashed or not) as an example of Black Womanhood. Now, if the masses are told to view her as trash, what will they think, then, about the rest of Black Wombanhood? If she is put on a pedestal to, presumably, be the epitome of Progressive Black Femininity and/or a role model our Young Sisters (misguided or not) are looking up to, wouldn't it be better if they viewed her in a positive light (i.e. through the filter of Oshun) than to see a reflection of themselves as Inanna/Isthar/some other demon goddess?

Alafia!

First of all my Sista I do see your points and find your blog very interesting. I admit to speaking from personal bias and maybe it's my masculine energy talking. lol!

I do see also how you and others have made the correlation between Bey and Oshun. My point was only that at this point I'm not feeling that energy from her and maybe that is just me. But again I was feeling that energy until it seems the Fierce energy became dominant.

I am not initiated into Ifa but I have a strong attraction to Oshun and Yemays. So I also look at this astrologically and guess what. I share the same earth day with Jay Z: December 4.

Bey is an Earth sign: Virgo. So I don't get that connection with her and if she was a Cancer or Scorpio then maybe my feeling would be different.

So, not really gonna criticize based on the Illuminati tip even though that may be true. She in that age group where she got some DNA strands activating that the Blacroits folk talked about so maybe what things appear on the surface may essentially have a deeper significance.

As far as my girl RiRi is concerned, yeah she on that Inanna/Ishtar tip but both her and Bey are combining energies similar more to Auset/Het Heru with a possible mix of Sekhmet.

Problem here is that they both seem responsible for a newer genre known as Slutwave and let's not forget about Nicki and the Seapunk wave.

So, my question then is are these trends actually capable of empowering Black women on a deeper spiritual level and leading them to Ma'at?

Peace!

Yes, you are so right. I have been concerned myself honestly that Oshun and the Ifa path as a whole can/will be misunderstood by connecting it to Beyonce... and, yes, if you read my blog you will find that I am presenting YeYe Oshun as a completely positive force in our community, especially in the spirits, bodies, and psyches of our Black Womben...My blog does NOT just talk about Beyonce; in fact, it speaks to women about the empowerment in Femininity as Oshun teaches: in the virtues of grace and sweetness and cunning and craft. It speaks on the Black Womban as creator of the Universe and the Universe Herself. It speaks on how Oshun's lessons and energy patterns resonate within or girls and women in various ways and practices...I even include many quotes from scholarly literature and scriptures on Oshun's history, mythology, and iconography. I even cross-reference my understandings of Oshun with other sacred feminine forces. Why, though, should I bash Beyonce (as if enough negative energy is not already perpetuated towards how she's a whore and luciferian and satanist) instead of using that energy that will be directed towards her ANYWAY and channeling it towards a positive female image?

If the masses continue to view Beyonce as a whore, sellout, satanist, demoness, then how does that uplift the vibration for ALL Black womben? You know what is projected onto one will come right back around to the rest of us in one shape/form or another, to a lesser degree....Why does it benefit me to degrade and criticise one Black Sister (no matter IF she is indeed brainwashed) when the same misconceptions can be projected onto me or my friend or mother or daughter as well? How does that help? Why not try to find the GOOD qualities in Beyonce's images/lyrics/videos as I have attempted and use them for a Higher purpose? It's bad enough the illuminati is already using her; why not reject the image of her they are trying to embed onto our consciousness (i.e Whore of Babalon/Inanna/Ishtar/Sasha "Demon" Fierce), and instead find the spark of goodness and light that is still there, somewhere? See what I mean?

Let me put it this way: Beyonce, for better or worse, IS quite possible the unequivocal MOST popular Black Performer of the current times. Her face WILL be everywhere now while she's at her peak, like it or not. Around the world, people are looking to her (whether they're ignorant/brainwashed or not) as an example of Black Womanhood. Now, if the masses are told to view her as trash, what will they think, then, about the rest of Black Wombanhood? If she is put on a pedestal to, presumably, be the epitome of Progressive Black Femininity and/or a role model our Young Sisters (misguided or not) are looking up to, wouldn't it be better if they viewed her in a positive light (i.e. through the filter of Oshun) than to see a reflection of themselves as Inanna/Isthar/some other demon goddess?

I hear you my sister but at the same time lets do some reflecting and look back at what happened to Aaliyah once she projected similar energy in the movie she was cast as Akasha, which also is a character similar to Ishtar.

Sorry I don't mean to drift from the topic.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back