Black Entertainment : Beyonce album sales fall after 'black' comments

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
Beyonce album sales fall after 'black' comments

Pop star Beyonce Knowles has sparked controversy by saying she only makes records for black people.

Since the Deja Vu singer made the astonishing statement sales of her new album, B'Day, have fallen by 70 per cent in the US.

Beyonce, 25, said in an interview with Blender magazine: "I make black records. I write records like I speak, and I don't try to change my songs so everyone else likes them."

The singer has also admitted she can relate to celebrities who attack the paparazzi.

Beyonce said: "It must be really scary to have your children in front of all these people. That's your kids. That's when Mama Knowles is gonna be punching some photographers!"

Meanwhile, Beyonce was booed at the MOBO awards in London on Wednesday night when she failed to turn up to collect her three prizes.

The Crazy In Love singer received the most awards after her single Deja Vu won the Best Song and Best Video categories and she was named Best International Female at the ceremony - which recognises music of black origin.

PROBABLY TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT I BET. THAT'S MEDIA

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back