Beware of High BloodPressure Medication

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Dual Karnayn, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    A while back when I was just starting on a vegetarian fad I decided to wean myself off of meat by getting most of my protein from eggs.

One morning I made myself a 7 egg omellette (7 jumbo eggs) packed with onions, peppers, mushrooms, and plenty of salt and butter.

About an hour after eating it I developed a splitting headache and got so sick to the stomach I thought I was having a stroke.
    I went to bed to try to sleep it off but when I woke up 15 hours later not only did I still have the headache but I was also getting dizzy.

I still didn't make the connection between those eggs, all that salt, and my blood pressure.

I went to the emergency room thinking I was having a stroke and they found my bloodpressure was nearly 200 over something.

I was diagnosed with highblood pressure and the doctor put me on clonidine/catapress for my blood pressure indefinately.

He didn't ask me what I ate or anything and I didn't think to tell him, I just took the meds and kept pushing.

A few mornings later I woke up with my entire left shoulder numb.

Later, my part of my back would get numb and my limbs would easily go to sleep on my if I stayed in one spot too long.
    My left arm started tingling and I was sure that the same "stroke" that gave me the headache was causing more symptoms akin to paralysis.

I got an inspiration from On High to research my medication and found out that clonidine/catapress doesn't just work on the blood, it works on deading the NERVES so as to relax the heart and blood vessles and lower blood pressure.

I stopped taking the medication and haven't had any more symptons since.

I was the healthiest I had ever been in my life and was able to benchpress nearly 300 pounds at that time, yet that drug still had a powerful effect on me.
    I can only imagine what it's doing to older people who continue to take it daily over several years.

No wonder people are getting sick and coming down with so many disabling diseases.

2. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    My mama had several small strokes and they put her on the same medication.
    Her head felt like it was rushing and swimming
    She felt horrible and refused to take the meds so they put her on another med.
    She told me when she doesn't take the med she feels better.

3. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    CH

My mother (who is now passed) and other people I know reacted the same way on those medications, but they couldn't exactly pin it down to which medication was causing which side effect.

She was taking 1 or 2 of those pills a day and had all types of circulation problems and pain.

People just don't know, it's the medications that's killing them......not the so-called disease itself.

4. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    It proves Doctors don't know everything.
    Listen to your body it will not lie to you!
    I'm sorry about your mom.
    My mother just recently lost her job because she was always sick.
    She didn't take care of herself well either.
    I'm praying that she gets better soon.
    She's only 49 and that's too young to suffer so much!

5. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    It's the food and lifestyle that leads us to the doctors in the first place.

My Jamaican grandmother lived to be over 100 years old....gave birth to over a dozen children....and never went to a doctor in her life.
    She died in her sleep one night after doing the dishes.

She said once you start going to doctors, they'll keep you going to them.

Back during her youth, it was nothing to see old Black men and women 80 and 90 years old hobbling up the roads for miles with nothing but a stick to help them over the hills.

They ate whatever they wanted, slept like babies, and rarely got anything worse than an occasional bout of rhumatism/arthritis.

I still got an uncle down south in his 80s who's a farmer and raises cattle by himself.

I get hyped up just thinking about how strong our ancestors used to be.

6. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    This is how it is supposed to be. The money is not in the cure but in the treatment and if the treatment causes other problems, wonderful. They just treat you for the new problems. Like your mother, after a while they will have you on so many different meds you don't know which pill is doing what.

One time I went to the doctor and he couldn't tell what was causing my problem yet he wrote a prescription for me. I asked him straight out how he could prescribe medicine when he doesn't know what's wrong. He told me all doctos do is guess what's wrong. So he prescribed something based on his guess. Needless to say, I didn't have the prescription filled.

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Sad because my father won't move to a better place because he wants to stay near his doctors. He has a bunch of them he sees regularly and has a tray full of pills he takes daily. He's only 67 and thinks old age is a cruel joke played by a cruel god.

8. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    River

Well environment period plays a big role in health and well-being.

Once I got the hell up out of Michigan and moved out West, not only did my sinus problems improve but my skin began to glow from all the contact with the sun.

I never had a weight problem, but most people say they lose weight when moving from the North and East out to the West.

It's something about the environment out here.

As soon as you get past Texas into that open dry air and desert environment it seems as if every organ in your body opens up and starts to breath.
    The sun blesses you.

I can't picture myself sick out here......I just can't do it.

Even if I'm in pain...I feel good just going outside...lol.

9. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I know that's right. winter 2004 I was in Michigan with a windchill factor of fifteen below. I had a cold for three weeks. In California for 22 years my body seemed to have forgotten how to catch a cold. Even in Texas I never caught colds like I used to in D.C.

Like you say people don't add two and two. Thank God for those inspirations from on high.