Black Relationships : "Betrayal" are friends really worth the trouble?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Enigma_01, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Enigma_01

Enigma_01 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I personally have gained and lost friends over the years. Due to stealing from me, Sleeping with my girlfriend, etc.

2. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    Friends

You cannot live in this world alone, Darlin'. We all need at least one (true) friend. Cheer up...there is usually always a rainbow & pot of gold after the rain. I often hear one friend say, "If it is to be, it us up to me...attitude is everthing", etc. We all get burned once or twice (or more times) by folk we call our "friends", that's just life. We live and learn in this manner. I've found that when I feel none of (or most of) my friends are not really my friends, I begin to gradually weed them on out and surround myself with those I'd rather have on my team. One good thing about betrayal by a so-called friend is that the betrayal works to open your eyes to which people are really there for your best interest, and which ones are not.

3. SwtT

SwtT Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educational/Human Resources field
    Ratings:
    +28
    I agree with Nia.....you got some good advice there

4. MORE

MORE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Re: Friends

i have found that the only true friend you have, is if you have a friend in Jesus. People are fallible, forever changing, dependin on their needs, not yours. so while i have associations with folks and people i hang out with from time to time, i have given up on the notion about friends, so with this i kinda agree but disagree too.:toast: :rolleyes:

5. Nia Maishani

Nia Maishani Well-Known Member MEMBER

Business Owner
    Displaced at the Junction of Hoosiers and Bluegras
    Ratings:
    +1
    Actually, I can see your point, MORE. Or for those who do not identify themselves as Christians, perhaps their only true friend is our Creator.

I tend to feel cynical oftentimes about my fellow men/women. However, I think there are some folk out there who will stay true to their friends/mate/family or whomever.

6. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I guess I'm blessed to have some really good close friends. I can count on them for a lot and vice versa. The only time I've been betrayed by one of my friends was back when I was 20 years old...and even now we've managed to repair our relationship.

7. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Friends are cool but you have to realize that not all people you hang around are friends. Most are associates whether you see it or not. Just let yourself get into some troule...then you'll see who your friends are. Get evicted, arrested, stranded, broke with no money etc. You see how fast you so-called friends bail on you. My best friends are family members (sister, brother, mother, grandparents and cousins). I have a couple of friends that I can count on but I can count them on one hand.

8. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I got a trinity friends that are the reason for my sanity and survival:

LovaBoy - My homeboy since 1992, he is my cornerstone in life.

W3Three - The coolest white man I know, he showed me that behavior was not linked too race.

Prettydarkgirl - A Sister who constantly reminds that me that their are good black women in the world.

Without these three I would be a misreable wreck.

I think the problem with people, is that they do not know how to pick friends.

9. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Dog never have more friends than you got fingers....I have 4 friends..now I have a lot of associates...folks that I know that think they know me but I dont' trust em far as I can through a house....you didn't lose friends to stealing, doin yo girl you lost associates..the thing you messed up on was confusing associates with potnas...my potnas know me you can tell them something I did and they can tell you if you lying or not just by the story you tell them my folk...my associates don't ever know what I'm gonna do some of them are half way scared of me in the first place...never confuse the two dog never at some point in life it could cost you more than a broad or chips it could cost you your life....one cat I knew thought he was potnas with my cuz and started talking out the side of his neck to him....cuz shot old boy 5 times then went to KFC for dinner...see they was associates ...but my and cuz are potnas love fa life I could have said the same thing and nothing would have happened ..you gotta know who ya wit.....T-Lo, Longhead, Wimpy, Jesus, Big Bird them my folk they'll do anything for me and I'll do anything for them anything these other folk I know are just that folk I know.....young dog as far as the women go remember this if you don't remember nothing else I say really....if another dude can take your woman ..she wan't yo woman in the first place...same for other dogs women..if I can take em they wasn't with old boy noway.......

Mississippi Red
    I'm on one tonight baby....

10. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hmmm, must be some truth to that, I have 3 close friends... looks like I got room for one more.