Black Entertainment : BET vs ESPN, Obama vs Anti-Americanism

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by UBNaturally, Sep 10, 2014.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    This gives me pause to not really want to post on this, but obvious is usually obvious and am sure others observe this but within their own comfort zone would not speak on it.

BET vs. ESPN

What do I mean by this comparison?

How does ESPN have more discussions of "Black Issues" than BET (Black Entertainment Television)?

And before anyone brings forth the backwards thinking comment of "it's just entertainment", allow for a flashback moment:

The Truth with Jeff Johnson
    Friday 11:00 PM on BET Premiered Aug 15, 2008

Episode 1
    [​IMG]

Episode 1
    8/15/08
    In the series premiere, Ryan Leslie, Angela McGlowan and Keith Boykin are guests. There is a discussion about race in politics and the deaths of entertainers Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes.

Episode 2
    [​IMG]
    Episode 2
    8/22/08
    Joe Watkins, KRS-One and Keli Goff show up to discuss the effects of faith and politics among blacks. Later, author Iyanla Vanzant is interviewed.

Episode 8
    [​IMG]
    Episode 9
    10/10/08
    Jeff gives his take on the second presidential debate and talks about negative messages in campaigns. Later, author Van Jones talks about the need for greener living.

Blood on our Streets - Episode 14
    [​IMG]

Episode 14
    What can our new President do to make a difference in America's violent cities? Also, the growing violence and blood on our streets.

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-truth/

This show only lasted one season presumably because it didn't get ratings, probably not dumbed down enough as per BET's publicly announced standards.

Even 106 and Park had enough content to keep us informed or discussing comprehensive issues as it related to our need to claim a voice that was in our interest. (Free and AJ)

From all I need is one mic:

[​IMG]

To all I need is one glass:

[​IMG]

Wont even bring up Teen Summit, now the youth seem to have only technology to make them feel like they are a part of something in a system that marginalizes more than unifies.

My personal boycott of BET began about 10 years ago, basically it is non-existent in more than one way as it relates to my thesis on "Black Consciousness" and evolving youth into thinkers of tomorrow. I can hear it again, "but it's just entertainment", and this is what Viacom said when they claimed the rights to produce what they desired and give Black Entertainment to a "Black Audience" how they saw it profitable.

When Obama was selected, many of these talk forums were cancelled and never came back

On to the next comparison...

Obama vs Anti-Americanism

What do I mean by this comparison?

There are supposed elements that see America as still an imperialistic body of colonizers that use the cover of a Democratic Republic and Socio-Economic Capitalism, in order to carry on their attempts to control more resources near and far with help from its allies.

Any and every thing that is opposed to this resource grab and expansion would be labeled against the interests of the entity that is informally charged with the moniker of US of A Inc.

To suggest that any pResident is Anti-American is merely suggesting that they do not follow this code, and are selected as the CEO to change the codes and regulations against the interests of that business, US of A Inc.

No selected CEO (pResident) of the US of A Inc. has went against the interests of it, and when they seemingly did, it was for public relations and media spin in order to transition talking points in various directions to create a cloud and leave the true situation unaddressed.

With that being said, the "First Black President" of the US of A Inc. has been more focused on "Gay Rights" than "Civil Rights", and we have become reserved in our thoughts on this because we do not desire to throw dirt on the "First Black President" that avoids "Black Issues" because he presides over a population of 63% White (non-Hispanics), 17% Hispanic, and 13%, etc.

[​IMG]

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

We know this is a token presidency, but is this not often the case with presidents not just the "First Black President"?

The code term that all pResidents use for the "Majority" (not the minority) is "The American People". This is a trained codification in politricks to speak to an audience without letting others know they are not addressing them.

Again, the code term is "The American People", which is about corporations and industry.
    Mitt Romney brought this to light when many discovered he claimed that business and companies are considered "people".

What interests were pressing in 2008, does anyone remember?

I am under no illusion that the "Black Community" exists outside of our theories that when we see another brother or sister, that they are part of it.

But when it comes to mobilizing and creating a foundation that can stand without relying on outside elements to be indebted to, it reminds me of what a member on here once said that brought apathy to an otherwise optimistic idea.

"Black communities cannot come together"... because they are not real communities that have the same real interests.

I see BET and Obama in the same light when it comes to an image put forth to push an agenda that we did not have.

BET is just like any other TV channel run and operated by the major politics and capitalistic system's henchmen, and Obama just like any other selected CEO of US of A Inc. handling company business as usual.

Obama says he has the authority he needs for strikes

President Obama told congressional leaders Tuesday that he "has the authority he needs" to take action against the jihadist group known as the Islamic State, the White House said.

Obama said he wants the American people "to understand the nature of the threat and how we're going to deal with it and to have confidence that we'll be able to deal with it."

Wednesday night is the eve of the 13th anniversary of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.
    Complete Article

Obama will address "The American People" this Wednesday Sept. 10 2014, so observe and take note at how many times he uses the code term of "The American People" this evening.

Stay woke

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    "Black communities cannot come together"... because they are not real communities that have the same real interests."

Enough said.

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I agree with this statement because I personally know more Black people who did not honor or gave reasons why #BlackMonday would not work than those who participated in the Boycott which is ongoing.

We talk about Garvey and supporting Black Business and "revolution" but all ninjas do is photo-op and photo-shop, no real commitment so the "Black Community" or "Black America" have been reduced to stomping grounds for political pariahs.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Angela McGlowan