Black Entertainment : BET AWARDS GOT SLAMDUNKED

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by rhymebad, Jul 8, 2009.

1. rhymebad

rhymebad Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +222
  2. snugli360

snugli360 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    SNUGLI360

thank you so much for the different information on important petitions very informative info.I think MJ deserves better recognition than the sloppy mess that was put together.peace!

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    GOOD GRIEF!

The people who signed this petition really need to GET A LIFE!

The BET AWARDS is recognition to/for minorities in music, acting, sports, etc..

It is NOT a "tribute" show, but the network heads did put ASIDE the originally scheduled show and honored MJ as best they could under the time restrictions.

Yeah, they probably also did so for the RATINGS involved, but the fact still remains that they DID IT. And every entertainer involved put aside their personal schedules for practices for the show at the last minute.

So, in reality, it is the people who were marked for an award that were not shown who were "SLIGHTED" in any way, NOT MICHAEL. They were the ones put aside but no one complained. (at least, not publicly)

Again, these petition people need to GET A LIFE! And even if they get 5 MILLION signatures, BET aint doing another show for MJ, anyway!

PUH-LEASE! And these very people who are GRIPING about BET's tribute couldn't organize and put on a PUPPET SHOW, much less a major production like that!

Michael died on a Thursday. The show was that Sunday. So, these WHINERS have no concept of what it entails to almost completely RE-VAMP a show in TWO DAYS.

I loved Michael too; but these petition people GOT ISSUES!

4. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    I agree..

this petition should be more directed towards BET for playing into Stereotypes, shows Broadcasting, and Glorifying lifestyles of drug dealing, such as freeway rick, AG, rather than going after them for putting together a rushed tribute. Considering the short time they had to work with on MJ's passing..I dont think they did such a horrible job..

I dont watch much of the Network anymore, anyway though..so..

5. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
    Plus the BET Awards put their tribute together in days, not the weeks that this last tribute has had to work out their details.

6. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    they did suck, but I do understand the difficulty in last minute changes...with that being said, there is still no reason why little kids should've been dancing up there with Drake and Lil Wayne............