Black People : Best Time to See Leonid Meteor Shower is Now

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chevron Dove, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    Best Time to See the Leonid Meteor Shower Is Now

[​IMG]
    The Leonid meteor shower of 2010 is peaking this week and the best time to see the sky show is now.

The annual Leonids should be at their best through Nov. 18, according to skywatching experts. Avid meteor gazers graced with clear skies may see between 15 and 20 meteors per hour….

From the time of moonset until around 5:15 a.m. -- when the first streaks of dawn begin to appear in the east -- the sky will be dark and moonless," advises Joe Rao, SPACE.com skywatching columnist…

The Leonid meteor shower is an annual event that returns every mid-November. The shower is caused by material left behind the comet Tempel-Tuttle when it passes near Earth's orbit during its regular trip through the solar system…
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20101117/sc_space/besttimetoseetheleonidmeteorshowerisnow
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ancient Meteor Shower--A Meteor Storm…

As usual, this article on yahoo only presents part of the story. Secular scientist only present part truths perhaps for one reason or another. There are other meteor showers throughout the year every year, but it is this particular returning shower that connects to a major phenomenon that occurred thousands of years ago. This was the actual Meteor Shower that split the earth and became the reason that the month of November became the New Year for many ancient civilizations; hence the root word ‘NOVA’ or ‘NEW’ in ‘NOVEMBER’. The ancient Romans during the Roman Empire times changed the dates and times and changed their New Year from November to January and therefore brought more confusion. However it is this Meteor Shower that marks time and history so well and becomes the reason why every Roman [American] New Year of January 1st the celebration kicks off with fireworks, an event that becomes a re-enactment of the very great Meteor Storm that split the earth.

November is the scientific ‘Ninth Month of the year’ and this is based upon the Spring Equinox of which occurs in the month of March--‘the scientific first month of the year’. Most of today’s reporters also presents confusion when they say this meteor shower occurs every year without clarifying why it appears more brilliant at some years as oppose to others. The actual comet that is said to have exploded long ago and caused this meteor storm appeared in the month of Mid-November [November 14] in the Constellation called ‘LEO’ and this is the reason why it is called ‘THE LEONID METEOR STORM’ by our government today. They call this ancient comet Temple-Tuttle but who knows what it was called thousands of years ago by ancient priest-scientist!? Could it be the Biblical Bitter returning Star that exploded and occurs about every 2000 years revealed in the Book of Revelations called Wormwood? Was this the star storm that also caused the earth to split again around the great Total Solar Eclipse in October 14, AD 33? It is truly an obvious observation that strong surges caused by eclipses seem to have a correlation to earth phenomena such as earthquakes and etc. Could these surges cause comet debris to collide with our earth if they are close enough to our earth’s magnetic field? Will we see another meteor shower in November 13, 2012 at the time another Total Solar Eclipse is predicted to occur? Today, we are given fantastic figures of how the earth split millions of years ago to produce Gandwana land, however the Bible reveals to us that the earth split during the last few years of Noah’s life before the year 2022 BC and again around the time of the Crucifixion.

At any rate, over the course of thousands of years the stars that appear as a Meteor Shower due to this exploded comet, Temple-Tuttle, in the vicinity of the Constellation Leo that can be seen from the earth more brilliantly for some years as opposed to other years is due to the science of COMETS. These amazing ‘stars with a tail’ or ‘comets’ bring the amazing revelation that they come from some other solar system and hence they reveal to us that our earth is only apart of one universe--out of many! Unlike our solar system rotation too, Comets have been found to have a distinct kind of rotation pattern, an elliptical pattern, and part of their path includes our solar system! In other words, our earth only rotates around our sun star every 365 or so days but comets come from some other system and some have been shown to have a 70 year cycle that includes rotation around our solar system. Because some comets have been tracked and show that they have a pattern, this gives us the proof that there are other solar systems [or other heavens]. But the mystery as to just where they come from also show us that there is a lot more to know about the sky. However, it is this reason that at times the meteor showers appears more brilliant than others. Comets are apart of a unique solar system and based on its own elliptical path and our solar system’s circular path, comet meteor stars [meteor showers] sometimes swing more closer to our solar system than others. For some years, they can’t be seen at all, sometimes--like this year--they can be seen clearly yet sparsely, but ever so often these meteor showers appear intensely for a set period of time and this is because their path is closer to our path. So thousands of years ago when this comet did strike our earth it happened because our paths came together--It was a collision.

Again, for long periods of time over the course of thousands of years this Meteor Storm of the Leonids cannot be visibly seen at all due to its own path and its distance away from us but in the year AD 1866 it showed up intensely and could be seen over the western half of America and other parts of the pacific world. It was this storm that was said to cause the Emancipation Proclamation to be enforced with earnest of which caused much war and bloodshed but, eventually it brought about the end of the PECULIAR INSTITUTION called Chattel Slavery. Since that time too, it was realized that every 33 years the Leonid Meteor Storm appeared more intense due to its close proximity to our solar system. Thus it appeared so around our Civil Rights Movement in the year 1966-7. In the year 1998-9 it appeared again with an intense showing and did so every November for a period of time through 2002. I saw this storm in the year 2001, in the month of November, early in the morning and it was astonishing! Unlike this year of which the stars seem to streak by sparsely, in 2001, many stars streaked by every few seconds and this lasted until daylight drowned out the vision. In the year 2002, I could not see anything because the clouds were too thick. But this morning as I typed this my family has witnessed a star darting through the sky.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every 33 years, the Earth encounters a dense knot of material -- most recently in 2002 -- to create dazzling displays of shooting stars. During those showers, it can be possible to see hundreds or thousands of meteors per hour.

That isn't the case this year because the Earth is passing through a less dense area of Comet Tempel-Tuttle's trail, Rao said.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20101117/sc_space/besttimetoseetheleonidmeteorshowerisnow

Leonids meteors are seen streaking
    Leonids meteors are seen streaking through the sky in Muju county, 300 kilometers, southwest of Seoul, South Korea, Nov. 19, 2001.

Four Leonid meteors are seen streaking through the sky over Joshua Tree National Park, Calif., looking to the northwest in the Southern California desertin this approximately 15-minute time exposure…Sunday, Nov. 18, 2001.

Leonid meteors are seen streaking across the sky over snow-capped Mount Fuji, Japan's highest mountain, early Monday Nov. 19, 2001

Colorful streaks of meteors are seen in sky
    Colorful streaks of meteors are seen in the sky of the suburbs of Beijing on Nov. 19, 2001...

Jordanians look at the desert sky during the Leonid meteor shower, near Amman, in the early hours of August 12, 2004.

Jay Sailors
    Montgomery, Ala., photographer and avid stargazer Jay Sailors aims his camera toward the constellation Leo in the eastern sky in an effort to capture imagesof the Leonid meteor shower early Nov. 18, 1999
    http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Leonid-Meteor-Shower/ss/events/sc/111710leonidmeteor

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Thanks for the information Chevron, what are some resources in support of the above?

3. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    Thank you!

I can provide some links about the science of comets.
    I can also provide at least one reference that i can remember about the 1866 meteor shower that included the response in regards to slavery--if I can remember where I saved the quote! And I will get some other links too about November being the New Year and etc.
    Hopefully, I can do this tomorrow or real soon.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

And you are very welcomed, as always Chevron...I look forward to reviewing said sources and cataloging the material...Peace In my sister friend, for real.

5. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    =====================

I think I post about this meteor storm at least two time in other forums a couple of years ago and both times, I made the mistake of writing about the year 1866 instead of putting the actual date of the great meteo shower that the early Americans noted as being a phenomenal show of shooting stars. Although the year 1866 was a year which this shower did occur it was actually 33 years prior in the year 1833 that this storm startled Americans to the tune that most of them feared the end had come, and the issue of Slavery became an issue that sparked the government to respond to.

In regards to some references I can provide a little but again, as I had stated previously, secular authors and modern day scientist give the dates of the phenomenal catastrophe that led to the earth being split millions of years ago. Therefore, the admission that the Earth split at the time that the Bible attributes it to doing will not be agreed upon by the government today in any sequential format that can be easily referenced. So my findings on this event of a comet and comet debris causing this earth to split only a few thousand years ago and that the Month of November being designated as the NEW YEAR by some ancient civilizations has been concluded based upon the consideration of other specific events that would only based upon circumstantial evidences and etc. So this would be the kind of evidences and references that I can provide for now.

Concering the month of November one of the references that I have would be based upon the ancient government of the Assyrians. They like the many other civilizations in and around the Middle East regarded the fall time and either October or November as their New Year. Today some say that this was their fiscal year while others highlight the major religious feast days [festivals] as a marker to begin their New Year. One reason for their NEW YEAR beginning in October/November has to do with the weather and climate in that region. Because the earth eventually began to dry up and form deserts, it became too hot during other times of the year and so, autumn time became the best time of year for people to travel and lead their trade caravans from place to place for trade. So during this time of the year around the Fall Equinox people began preparing their long treks on their caravans and to have to stay for extended periods of time for the beginning of the festivals in the certain lands where major markets were known to be set up for that reason. This would be ongoing throughout the fall season and so harvest time in the fall became the NEW YEAR form many civilizations for that reason. Based upon the leap month of which was OCTOBER, this would be one reason why November perhaps became the NEW YEAR. The month of October became 'the 13th month' for some and could be regarded as the end of the year festival [ex. Summer's End for the Celtic holiday, of Halloween] for some and perhaps the beginning based upon the leap year. But November was definitely considered the New Year for many as the root name 'Nova' confirms. Egypt was one civilization that did observe this NEW YEAR and they were connected with the Assyrians of also did as well. The number nine [9] which is the scientific number of November became an important number that carried a specific symbolic meaning to the Egyptians as well. For the Assyrians, their Capitol city, NINEVEH.

But November became a new year for many. The number nine became an important symbolic number. The city in Assyria called NINEVEH [NINE-veh; Ninth-HEVEN; reverse script]. So both the history of Egypt and Nineveh would be one source of reference that supports the ancient time when the earth split. And the ancient Romans, as the Bible attributes, adopted their system from Assyria and Egypt. When they changed the dates and their new year to be held on january some scholars state that it had to do with a star; a comet, and this would be another source of reference.

Some scientist say that the earth split because of comets and although they don't agree with the Bible timeline this would be another source of reference. which agrees with the Bible. However again, the information is scattered and suppressed in our education system. Some provide information about a comet that struck America in the Grand Canyon and some write about other comets. If all of the information could be put together regarding giant powerful comets that struck the earth then the idea that the earth split because of a meteor storm could be better confirmed. I have provided some links about comets and will do so soon regarding references concerning 'the significance of the month of November':

The Chesapeake Bay's Geologic History
    About 35 million years ago, a rare bolide — a meteor- or comet-like object from space — hit the area that is now the lower tip of the Delmarva Peninsula: The land separating Chesapeake Bay from the Atlantic Ocean. The Delmarva Peninsula is made up of parts of three states: Deleware (Del-), Maryland (-mar-) and Virginia (-va).', 300)"

…The bolide created what geologists call the “Exmore Crater,” which they believe was as large as Rhode Island and as deep as the Grand Canyon.

The Chesapeake Bay assumed its present shape about 3,000 years ago. Remnants of the ancient Susquehanna River still exist today as a few troughs that form a deep channel along much of the length of the Bay's bottom.
    http://www.chesapeakebay.net/baygeology.aspx?menuitem=14604

The Chesapeake Bay's Geologic History
    About 35 million years ago, a rare bolide — a meteor- or comet-like object from space — hit the area that is now the lower tip of the Delmarva Peninsula: The land separating Chesapeake Bay from the Atlantic Ocean. The Delmarva Peninsula is made up of parts of three states: Deleware (Del-), Maryland (-mar-) and Virginia (-va).', 300)"

…The bolide created what geologists call the “Exmore Crater,” which they believe was as large as Rhode Island and as deep as the Grand Canyon.

The Chesapeake Bay assumed its present shape about 3,000 years ago. Remnants of the ancient Susquehanna River still exist today as a few troughs that form a deep channel along much of the length of the Bay's bottom.
    http://www.chesapeakebay.net/baygeology.aspx?menuitem=14604

For millions of years the crater lay buried in the southern part of the Chesapeake Bay and surrounding peninsulas, more than a thousand feet (300 meters) beneath sand, silt, and clay. Scientists discovered it in 1983 and have been studying it ever since.

The asteroid or comet that struck the area that later became the Chesapeake Bay may be evidence of a 2 million-year-long comet shower that scientists think may have occurred between 36 and 34 million years ago.

An even bigger crater in Popigai, northern Siberia, was created at about the same time.
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/11/1113_chesapeakcrater.html
    --------------------------------------------------------

In regards to SLAVERY becoming an issue, I tried to recall a past reference source by using the search engine and do not remember the correct key word to find this link online. I need to retreive my notes. I do remember too that one source stated that the star shower was witnessed to cover the sky of western America while others said it covered the skies in eastern America. And I believe this is because of information was offered from various sources based on eyewitnesses account. There is a particular article of which revealed that the issue of Slavery became an issue in regards to this great meteor shower of 1833. In fact, the British government issued an edict regarding slavery and ended slavery in the very year 1833 in various lands under their rule. And here are a few quotes:

The year 1833 might not be prominently featured in history
    books, but nonetheless, several remarkable events occurred,
    including a meteor shower, a tsunami in the Asia-Pacific region,
    the birth of our 23rd President, and the launch of an anti-slavery
    society.
    http://www.greenmountaininn.com/pdf/winter08_newsletter.pdf

The Night the Stars Fell
    My Search for Amanda Young

"But then the white folks started callin' all the slaves together, and for no reason, they started tellin' some of the slaves who their mothers and fathers was, and who they'd been sold to and where. The old folks was so glad to hear where their people went. They made sure we all knew what happened.........you see, they thought it was Judgement Day."
    http://www.angelfire.com/ar/freedmen/stars.html

1833 - British abolish slavery in the west Indies
    http://community.livejournal.com/anestheticasian/13636.html

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here are some more quotes:

…Leonids move at 156,000 miles per hour or 43.3 miles per second – they are the fastest of all meteors….

On Nov. 12, 1833 a fantastic Leonid Meteor storm changed a lot of people’s religions! An ‘early’ date for the shower? Orbital processing with Jupiter to blame?… The Chinese first noted it in 36 AD

There will never be another storm like that one in 1833 from the Leonids? But then again, in 2001 we counted +1,000/hour! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT AGAIN! or hear it!
    http://www.universetoday.com/79004/the-lion-tamer-leonid-meteor-shower-2010/

The Leonids generally begin on November 13 and end on November 21,…About every 33 years, the Leonids enter a phase of enhanced activity that accompanies the return of its parent comet. During these periods, rates can amount to hundreds and even thousands of meteors per hour. The last such enhanced period occurred during the period of 1998-2002...

There are other, weaker meteor showers going on around the same time as the Leonids. The Leonids move very fast. When you see a meteor, mentally trace it backwards. If you end up at Leo then you have probably seen a Leonid meteor!

History
    The night of November 12-13, 1833, not only marks the discovery of the Leonid meteor shower, but it marks the actual birth of meteor astronomy. …but it was the early morning hours of the 13th that left the greatest impression on the people of eastern North America.

…Reactions to the 1833 display varied from the hysterics of the superstitious claiming Judgement Day was at hand, to just plain excitement…He capped this study with the determination that the Leonid period was 33.25 years and predicted the next return would actually occur on November 13-14, 1866.
    http://meteorshowersonline.com/leonids.html

…several accounts which prove that observations of the 1833 Leonid meteor storm
    were not confined to the eastern United States the display was seen across North America.
    The shower on November 13, 1833. Was witnessed near Mexico City, in the town of San
    Martin Tesmelucan. According to a newspaper account published the next day, the residents saw
    a "spectacle of the fiery meteors or fires in the air which began about one o'clock at night and ended at quarter to five in the morning."

British astronomer Joseph Baxendell was aboard the ship Mary Scott in the Pacific Ocean
    on the morning of November 13, 1833. He "observed the shower from the west coast of
    Mexico" and judged that "the number of meteors seen at once often equalled the apparent number
    of the fixed stars seen at a glanoe."2

We also found a report from as far …as Califomia…As they neared the coast, these mountain men witnessed the great Leonid meteor storm, on the night of 12-13 November 1833.

... the night of the extraordinary spectacle in the heavens of the "shooling
    stars"...he was roused from his sleep in the dark of the early morning,…
    http://ecommons.txstate.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1002&context=physfacp

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Best Time to See Leonid Meteor Shower is Now

Well...thanks Chevron for this detailed work, I had no idea how much was involved. This is all too interesting, and as mentioned, I have cataloged this thread and its links into my Favorites/Bookmarks for future references.

Its easy to tell that science consumes you for good reason. Again, thanks for taking the time to make good on the promise to supply the sources in support of your position; you are definitely a good researcher and dot connector:)...tc and publish something soon so Blaklioness and myself will have something to remember you by:)...Peace In my friend.

7. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    And thank you too--for reading and considering my research!

Yes!--I so love science and how it relates to life in so many ways and only wish i could know and understand more. But it is such a vast study.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

And the beautiful thing about science Chevron, is that it actually supports the Bible and/or clarifies the profoundness so that mankind can understand it.