Black Travel : Best safari experience?

Discussion in 'Black Travel' started by magyarmaiden, Sep 23, 2012.

1. magyarmaiden

magyarmaiden Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    Hello. I need some advice. Im looking for a second opinion about what are the best countriest to go on a safari. A friend went to Botsawana last year and she enjoyed the experience very much. But the way she described i dont like, it was flat and dry so it is similar to my own country (im hungarian). im looking for something different but a real safari experience. I dont know what else to do after the safari is over. What are some good places to go visit to enjoy good food, buy lots of cool traditional stuff and relax? Hope you can help, thanks.

2. magyarmaiden

Ratings:
    +18
    Has anyone here go for a safari before?

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

African Travel

African Travel crafts personalized adventures and African Safaris for today’s travelers who crave the experience of a lifetime. African Travel is the premier tour operator to East Africa, Southern Africa, Egypt and the Indian Ocean Islands.
    Our Luxury Vacation Experts have been planning safaris and unbelievable African vacations for our clients with African Travel's help for decades. Many of our experts have travelled on Safari with African Travel and can tell you first hand about the experience, the lodging, the service, and more. When you're ready to consider travel to Africa, let our Experts help.
    http://www.luxurycruiseexperts.com/vacations/africantravel/

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677

:hello: magyarmaiden ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing!

I've never been on a safari .... though i'd love to ... maybe one of these days!

Please do let us know how it goes for you, as i may have to live it vicariously through you!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

5. magyarmaiden

Ratings:
    +18
    Hello. Thanks, i have looked similar websites before, but im looking for personal experiences and opinions. I dont trust those webside much becuase they try to sell a perfect vision of your vacations. Too much marketing.

Im ttrying to find out what are the best countriest to go, what are the safest ones, and cheapest, best time of the year to go, that kind of information.

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Gotcha, sorry, no personal experiences here, did the best I could do to help... Welcome magyamrmaiden, wish you well.

Peace In,

7. magyarmaiden

Ratings:
    +18
    Hello. Yes sounds very exciting to go for a safari. I want to try something new becuase traveling in europe has become boring for me. I like animals a lot, in the budapest zoo there are many african animals like lions and elephants and hippos. But it is not the same to see them in a cage than in the wild, so that is one of the main reasons I want to do this. I just hope i dont get eaten alive out there.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677

:lol: @ getting eaten alive ... :eeek: ... oh gosh ... don't let that happen!

i'd be concerned about that too ... but i'm sure there are safety measures incorporated to prevent that ... right ... :)

Do have fun ... and don't get eaten alive ... :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

9. magyarmaiden

Ratings:
    +18
    Hello again, ive a few questions i want to ask if any of you have been to africa to countriest like congo or kenya and felt unsecure because of crime and thieves? it's safe to walk around with laptop and camera and cellphone? and how are european tourist treated there?

thanks

10. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    You should be fine. You can even wear your best jewelry.. diamonds and gold are very common in Africa so you won't attract much attention. They actually worship consumer electronics in Africa.. so you should take everything you have and drape them all about your body, the people will fall down on their faces and treat you like a God. European tourists are treated with the utmost respect all over Africa.. it's the people's way of thanking the European for all that they have done for Africa. You will have the time of your life.