Black People Politics : Bernie Sanders under fire for #HowToTalkToBlackWomen tweet

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Liberty, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,243
    [​IMG]
    Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., raises a fist as he arrives for a breakfast meeting with Al Sharpton at Sylvia's Restaurant, Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2016, in the Harlem neighborhood of New York. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)

WASHINGTON (Sinclair Broadcast Group) — A labor union--and its corresponding super PAC--endorsing Bernie Sanders for president was hit with a wave of social media backlash Wednesday night after it tweeted about a session on "talking to black women about" the Vermont Senator.

Read more

http://cbs6albany.com/news/nation-w...s-under-fire-for-talking-to-black-women-tweet

2. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    having read the article, i fail to understand the backlash...but there are sensitive forces out there, who take anything said to court. black men talk about how to communicate with black women all the time. i know that's on a different level, but it wasn't even his conversation. besides, any white man from vermont need a lesson or two on how to talk to anyone black; there're almost no black people in vermont.:)

i'm not necessarily a supporter of bernie, as much as i'm not in favor of hillary.

but, anyway, where do you stand on this violation of communication protocol?

3. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,243
    He was born and raised in New York. But, you feel some comradeship in not knowing how to talk to Black women also? Is that what you are saying?

My take on it was... Because, the candidate claims to have such close ties to the AA community, this just proves he is lying. These photo-ops of him with AAs are contrived.

I am in agreement with you. I would never vote for Hillary. I wish there was another choice, but there isn't, so Sanders will most likely get my vote.

4. baller

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    see...always misunderstanding what i'm saying.

what i'm saying is...that particular committee isn't the only one who needs "instruction" on how to talk to women. as far as politicians who lie...what's new about that? that's what they do. lawyers and politicians are notorious for that.

5. Chaya Chaim

Chaya Chaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +269
    The same most high's people lost for their lack of knowledge our judite sisters rather love Satan that old serpent's Edomite offspring Hitlery ClintCON than give props to a khazar who respects us ten fold smh

6. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,243
    Yes, I see what you mean. You ought to attend the class with Bernie.

*smile*

7. baller

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    only if you're the guest lecturer.:)

8. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,243
    Sure, I would love to bore you to death. You'd be my captive audience! I wonder what I would lecture on. For real though... I'm a Toastmaster and everything...LOL

9. baller

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    what would you lecture on?????

in a class of men, you could try to explain why so many women appear angry when a man approach them.

or

you could talk about the miscommunication that's happening between the sexes.

or

you could help men to understand why women think men have to think the way they do...instead of the way men do.

or

i could go on.:)

10. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,243
    I like the first topic.... they are all great. People in Texas say they can tell I am from somewhere else as soon they see me, because I am always smiling. (I am from Cali)