Black Positive People : Benjamin E. Mays Valedictorian Angel Gabriel

Discussion in 'Black People Doing Positive Things' started by IFE, Jun 5, 2015.

1. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    Benjamin E. Mays Valedictorian Angel Gabriel has plans to study Neuroscience and African American Studies
    May 22, 2015 at 7:15

image.jpg

Angel Gabriel is proud to be the Valedictorian of Benjamin E. Mays High School. This year, Angel participated in the Dual Enrollment Accel Program at Georgia State University where she was inducted into Georgia State University’s chapter of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars. With roots in New Orleans, Angel debuted as a maid and honorary member of the Jugs Social Club, Incorporated, an African American social and civic organization in New Orleans. While working with Jugs, Angela received a stewardship award from the Algiers community and became an honorary member of the organization. In her spare time, she reads novels by Toni Morrison, volunteers at West Manor Elementary School, and spends time with her younger brothers. She is also a member of the Hillside International Truth Center, where she is inspired by Pastor Dr. Barbara Lewis King.

2. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    I'm proud of our wonderful, intelligent young people being recognized for their achievement.

They serve as inspiration and role models to other other Black youth. That's one reason I love to post their pictures. The young lady above, her picture is so darke and lovely I couldn't resist.

For several years, I've followed or searched for Black high school valedictorians. There are very few each year.