Black People : Benefit of Dating Men/Women with Children

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Feather, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Feather

Feather Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +412
    Correction: Benefit of Dating Men/Women with Children. :hearts1:

I would like to hear from men and women why they are not opposed to having a relationship with a person who has children. Why would you prefer this relationship over strictly courting a person who has never had the responsibility of caring for their own child or raising a child?

Mua :heart:: I feel, simply, it is a chance for me to see what kind of father he is. Also its nice when single parents with children take interest in a person with children because the kids have other children to interact with and I think that's cool. Usually he/she may have one child and that child feels alone and longs for siblings even if they're not biological. In the case where one does not have children you get to see how he will treat your children and what type of relationship he wants to have with them. Some men/women are unable to love anothers child and treat their child more closely and with tender love and that's a sad situation to bring a child into, children notice the little subtle things though they may not say it to you.

2. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,165
    Not that I would have a preference when I decide to start looking again but having children myself gives me a different perspective than when I did not in my younger days. Pure honesty here, but when I did not have kids I was not looking for a female that did have kids. This is why I salute those that make those types of relationships (being without children and hooking up with a person with children) happen and stay committed because I would assume it cannot always be easy.

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I wouldn't say I prefer to date a guy with kids...it has its pros and cons... Just like dating one w/out...but I just have one big thing in common with a man w/ kids...I just am not hip with dating a man with a baby...It would be best if his child is my daughter's age or older...my bf's kids are older...so it makes spending q.t a lot better.

4. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Keyword: Responsibility often times brings maturity.

I have no preference either but I can definitely say women who have kids usually know how to cook (lol), I mean you got to feed the kids right; right! Seriously, they seem to be more settled and not about all the games. I've also found that a lot of women who do have kids set goals for themselves which means they have ambition to make a better life for their kids and by that it makes a better life for themselves. Not all mothers with kids act like this but the ones that do are usually strong women - raising kids by yourself you have to be strong and I like mentally strong women.

5. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    when single, I never wanted ti date a man with children.. the whole 'family n a box' situation never appealed to me. additionally...in my exp...the guys wld rush the relationship.
    i hardly knew THEM but they were introducing me to their kids. after our first date.... had one guy tell me he was coming over to hang out. its the middle of the day. he gets there. i buzz him up and there he is in my doorway with his 2 mth old baby. I only let him in bc of the baby. it was hot as hell outside and he had her bundled up like an Eskimo.
    I was confused.

'do you wanna hold her?'

'not really....no...'

like MSINTERPRET said, I don't date men with infants. tthe childs mother is likely crazy...and the man is probably sleeping w/her and pumping her head with a lot of crap...which explains WHY she's so crazy.
    I can't b bothered.

as it was w/my situation. I immediately thought of the child's mother. she didnt let him keep the baby in so he could traipsing up and down the street with HER baby and her exes 'new' chick...I'm sure.
    he didn't know me from Eve to b bringing his baby around me.
    if we'd gone out? that girl...if she spotted us...would've acted a plumb fool.
    as a woman, I understand. if in a similar situation? I'd raise pure hell about it, too.

however. ..I was always impressed with single fathers who are the primary caretakers of their children. says a lot about him.