Black People Politics : Ben Carson: Black Lives Matter Is ‘Bullying’ People

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Liberty, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,252
    The Republican 2016 presidential hopeful chastised the nationwide movement, saying that it does not engage people in dialogue.

By:
    Breanna Edwards
    Posted: Sept. 14 2015 12:02 PM

[​IMG]

Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson speaks during a new conference before a campaign rally at the Anaheim Convention Center Sept. 9, 2015, in Anaheim, Calif.
    Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, a Republican 2016 presidential hopeful, had a lot to say about the Black Lives Matter movement while he was in Ferguson, Mo., where the movement was born out of the shooting death of unarmed teen Michael Brown, CBS St. Louis and the Associated Press reports.

Carson chastised the activist movement in an interview with CBS News Friday, saying that it is “foisting itself on people, rather than engaging in dialogue, and bullying people. I never liked the idea of bullying on behalf of anybody.”

Referring to the backlash against the use of the phrase “All lives matter” by Democratic presidential hopeful Martin O’Malley, Carson said, “Of course all lives matter. ... When we get off into a little thing that says, ‘No, this is the only thing you can say,’ that’s sickening to me,” he said, according to the report.

Carson said that race needs to be de-emphasized, and respect emphasized: “I would prefer [that ‘black’] be taken out,” Carson said to AP. “I obviously prefer that we focus on everybody. At the same time, I recognize that they’re trying to say that they feel that they’ve been treated unfairly. In many cases they have—I’m not going to take that away from them.”

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    1. Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors.
    2. Stockholm syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Like Like x 1
    • True True x 1
    • List
  3. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,252

I don't know. It could be Stockholm Syndrome. But, it could be less deep than that. It could be as simple as Carson is just a suck-up trying to win brownie points with white folks by telling the what they want to hear. Either way, imo, no matter what the preliminary polls say, the Rethuglicans will NEVER elect him. He is nothing more than a pet Negro to them. Which is quite disappointing, because he was a scientific hero to me, before I learned about his political views.

*smh*

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Right, we touch and agree on this. Carson knows there is a small African American base within the Republican party, so he has to down play the efforts of Black Lives Matter, in order to get consideration as nominee of the party :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • True True x 1
    • List
  5. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,252
    [​IMG]

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    We're far more diverse than you choose to admit

And other blacks do share Carson's beliefs etc

Not those of blm too

fyi

7. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Ben Carson needs to put some base in his vocie. big old punk.

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    what i am saying is he does not have a character flaw, he has a disease.
    the disease of brainwashing can be cured with appropriate therapy.
    we must always recover those that we can.

"if you know, teach. if you don't know, learn. each one teach one."

9. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,252

True, true.... It is just hard to imagine someone as brilliant as Ben Carson, being so inept at the same time.

When I see those "Stump for Trump" girls, I'm not surprised in the least,. disgusted..... but not really surprised.

And, I know AA people who are in the income bracket that would benefit from Republican policies, but they still support the Democrats because they never forget where they came from, and they know who their people are.

10. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,252
    LOL.. He sure does. I think he's shaking in his boots. I'll bet his white comrades are telling all kinds of Black jokes behind the scenes,, in his face. And, he deserves that kind of treatment because he is advertising that people should get over racism. He made his bed and now he gets to lay in it.

He looks very, very, uncomfortable these days. Nothing like the confident man he was before his campaign started. Somebody or something has knocked the wind out of his sails. And, since he is coming in second place, you'd expect his non-verbal communication to be that of a victor....but it is not. I wonder what is really going on.