Black People Politics : Ben Carson Actually Said Something.....

Senegal

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 7, 2016
I agree with. Must be opposite day.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/ben-carson-poverty-state-of-mind/index.html

"I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind," the retired neurosurgeon said during an interview with SiriusXM Radio released on Wednesday evening. "You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee in a little while they'll be right back up there. And you take somebody with the wrong mindset, you could give them everything in the world, they'll work their way right back down to the bottom."

I grew up with 4 other guys in the hood. 1 got shot and passed before we graduated high school just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Another couldnt make the transition from hustlin in the streets to something constructive. Still lives in the hood and hooked on some drug probably crack. Another went to the military with me and stayed in. Doing well. The only one to go straight to college from high school is doing well. The thing is that all of us could have guessed from each specific mindset what each one of us was going to do. The one that is hooked on crack showed all the signs. He had that mentality that the white man was going to keep him down. I was like..." the hell he is. Aint nobody keepin me down".

Last edited:
I think youre trying to say that white people are responsible for Blacks being in whatever condition and that by me saying you have a choice to fight back and not accept your circumstances whites have placed you in I am my own worst enemy?
of course you have a choice to fight back and not accept your circumstances.

but to say that the ONLY thing holding blacks back is our own attitude is BS.
it is blaming the victim. that's what white people do.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2017/05...helped-white-people-pull-bootstraps-handouts/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back