Black People Politics : Ben Carson Actually Said Something.....

Senegal

Jun 7, 2016
I agree with. Must be opposite day.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/24/politics/ben-carson-poverty-state-of-mind/index.html

"I think poverty to a large extent is also a state of mind," the retired neurosurgeon said during an interview with SiriusXM Radio released on Wednesday evening. "You take somebody that has the right mindset, you can take everything from them and put them on the street, and I guarantee in a little while they'll be right back up there. And you take somebody with the wrong mindset, you could give them everything in the world, they'll work their way right back down to the bottom."

I grew up with 4 other guys in the hood. 1 got shot and passed before we graduated high school just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Another couldnt make the transition from hustlin in the streets to something constructive. Still lives in the hood and hooked on some drug probably crack. Another went to the military with me and stayed in. Doing well. The only one to go straight to college from high school is doing well. The thing is that all of us could have guessed from each specific mindset what each one of us was going to do. The one that is hooked on crack showed all the signs. He had that mentality that the white man was going to keep him down. I was like..." the hell he is. Aint nobody keepin me down".

Last edited:

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
worst enemies.jpg

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
I think youre trying to say that white people are responsible for Blacks being in whatever condition and that by me saying you have a choice to fight back and not accept your circumstances whites have placed you in I am my own worst enemy?
of course you have a choice to fight back and not accept your circumstances.

but to say that the ONLY thing holding blacks back is our own attitude is BS.
it is blaming the victim. that's what white people do.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2017/05...helped-white-people-pull-bootstraps-handouts/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chyko Black People Politics : Current News USA Today: Ben Carson Ruthlessly Mocked For Opening White House Cabinet Meeting With Prayer Thanking God For Trump Black People Politics 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People : ben-carson-stuck-in-elevator in affordable housing Black People Open Forum 3
LookingForward Black People Politics : Dr. Ben carson Black People Politics 22
Liberty Black People Politics : 4 Reasons Why No Sane Black Voter Should Be Voting for Ben Carson Black People Politics 15
Liberty Black People Politics : Ben Carson Political Ad Rap Video to African Americans Ben Carson 2016 Presidential Campaign Ad Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Comedy: Ben Carson Loses Brain Surgeon License After Making Numerous Brainless Comments Black People Open Forum 7
Liberty Black People Politics : The Joke About Mrs. Ben Carson’s Appearance Is No Laughing Matter Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Ben Carson’s great betrayal: How he ignores history in favor of the Republican Party Black People Politics 101
Liberty Black People Politics : Ben Carson: Black Lives Matter Is ‘Bullying’ People Black People Politics 19
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Ben Carson Attack on dem Gays AACOOLDRE 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Would Ben Carson hack it in politics? Black People Politics 8
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Dr. Ben Carson for President? 'I'll Leave That Up to God' Black People Politics 0
Indigo Blues Black People : Dr. Ben Carson Black People Open Forum 2
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: Some of these girls begin to carry BEN AND JERRY ice cream // It's free today be a nice que Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
Liberty Law Forum : Deputy Ben Fields Slam And Drag Teen Girl That Wasn't Resisting Arrest At Spring Valley HS Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 140
Liberty African American History Culture : Dr. John Henrik Clarke, Dr. Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Yosef Ben Jochannan on Gil Noble African American History Culture 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Who was Gov. Ben "Pitchfork" Tillman of S.C??? AACOOLDRE 0
chuck Black People : Young Black NBA Star David West Pays For Dr. Ben's Furneral Black People Open Forum 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People : Dr ben transitions....mar 19/2015 Black People Open Forum 10
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : Dr. Yosef Ben Jochannan - The African Origin of Christianity Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
jamesfrmphilly Black People : dr ben appeal on facebook....... Black People Open Forum 13
cherryblossom Black Men : Ben Underwood: The Boy Who Saw Without Eyes Black Men 1
RAPTOR African American History Culture : The Concept Of Maat Understanding Alkebulan - Dr. Ben Jochannan African American History Culture 0
S Egypt : "Nubia Mother Of Egypt", 2 hr Lecture by Dr. Ben Jochannan Egypt 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Ben Carrington - The Global White Sports/Media Complex and the Politics of Sport Black People Politics 1
info-moetry Audio Video Web Conferencing : Dr. Ben - Nubia, the mother of 'Egypt' Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
SeekingMaat Pan Africanism : Online journal Tribute to Dr Ben - 95th Earthday December 2012 African American History Culture 4
S Black People : Gil Noble interview with Dr. Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Ben & Dr. John Henrik Clarke Black People Open Forum 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Like It Is with Gil Noble (Dr. Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Ben & Dr. John Henrik Clarke) Part 1 Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black Men : Dr Ben returned to the hospital Black Men 0
S African American History Culture : At The Feet Of The Grand Masters: Dr. Ben, Dr. Clarke, Dr. Jackson African American History Culture 9
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : Ben E. King Black Entertainment 2
Ankhur Black People : 13 milion no unemployment ben., after Wall street gets bailed out with 1.5 Trillion Black People Open Forum 4
I Black Entertainment : Ben Harper - Amen Omen Black Entertainment 0
L Black Entertainment : Ben Chavis - New Movie Review Black Entertainment 5
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Dr. Ben in Kemet (Pt.4-5) Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Dr. Ben in Kemet (Pt. 1-3) Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Dr. Ben, Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Clark-pt.8-13 Black People Open Forum 3
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Dr. Ben, Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Clark-pt.1 Black People Open Forum 9
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Black Man Must Wake Up, Part 1 - 5 Dr. Yosef Ben Jochannan Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Black Spirituality Religion : Dr. Yosef Ben Jochannan - Bible Personalities Pt.1 Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 12
Keita Kenyatta Black Spirituality Religion : Dr. Yosef ben-Jochannan - Adam & Eve Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
I Black People : A DR ben update, Our Baba has been moved Black People Open Forum 4
Knowledge Seed Black People : Dr. Ben is a 360 degree Mason? Black People Open Forum 111
I Black People : Dr. Ben is Very ill and needs our help! Black People Open Forum 14
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : Transcript: jesus/yeshua ben pandira never existed Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
I African American History Culture : Masonry,sex,Osiris, and algebra according to Dr.Ben. African American History Culture 2
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Dr. Yosef ben Jochannan now playing in Chat Black People Open Forum 0
Fine1952 Black Spirituality Religion : Y'shua Ben Pendara -- African Freedom Fighter Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 20
T African American History Culture : yashuah ben-pandara African American History Culture 2