Black People : Beloved Family Member Now With Ancestors

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kamau47, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Today was supposed to be different than what it has turned out, as not only is it New Years, but also my sister-in-laws birthday.
    We found out though that my wife's great-grandmother who lived only 5 miles from us passed on this morning. She was 99 years old. And though she was sick for awhile, and this was expected, it still hurts. My wife, who she was named after her is broken up, as is our children, because she was an exceptional person to say it mildly. I have witnessed this woman deal with problems in life that I know would break most down, yet she met them with a smile. She has buried 6 of her 7 children, and that alone would break most people down, myself included.
    As for me, I know that she is now among those most honored ancestors of us all, and that she was met with open arms. But mostly, for me, she has earned this rest. It hurts family, it truly does because I loved her very much, and I selfishly miss her. But as I said, she has earned this rest, and I am happy that she is getting it among our ancestors.
    I ask for your blessings and thoughts family. not for me, but for her family who is devastated by this passing.

2. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    You were blessed to be in the midst of a grandmother who lived thru those times most of us just read about...

Also, somebody should write her biography, too..

In the meanwhile, do pass along my condolences to her friends and other family members..

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    rest in peaceā€¦.

4. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    may she rest with peace, sorry for your loss.
    wow, a grand age of 99 years old! thats a blessing to have been able for you all and her to have been given soo much time together.

I lost my mother (peace be unto her) a couple years back, i too felt i selfishly wanted to have her back here in physical form, and what is interesting is that 2 years prior to that, my older brother passed away on my bday when he was 36 so when i finally turned 36 it felt a little funny...

and now i celebrate his and my birthdays on it
    its a beautiful thing to began going into the minds database looking for, remembering moments when, searching for those instances of just you and those who have just passed, but too they

never seem enough, like there can never be enough time spent, never enough memories that weve shared with them, and man can it hurt, but when we look around seeing certain traits, characteristics, values that have been passed

down to them then through them unto us and
    others, when we hear the laughter that fills the room as we sit and talk about the ones that have gone on, sometimes even a chuckle, a glare, a

smirk even the smallest sigh done by others who they picked up from those who have passed will snatch us into a thought where we remember them. so they are really never gone, ever...we are challenged though even more so to look for them in areas in our lives that we may have not gave much thought to.
    i may just be babbling on now *sorry*
    but i am sorry for you and your families loss...shes most certainly fine, i believe.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
    awwwww Brother Kamau ... bless your heart ... :grouphug:

Thank you for sharing your Beloved with us ... she sounds absolutely wonderful ... and i'm sure you and the entire Family can do nothing but miss her at this point ... but what a blessing to have had her with you for so long ... wow ... just reminiscing over the years, weeks, days, and hours spent together ... will hopefully keep you all so busy ... you'll hardly be able to miss her too much ... instead, spending time smiling and laughing at the wonderful moments you shared together.

She sounds darling ... hug your wife for me ... kiss everybody ... just 'cause ... :love:

Thank you for sharing ... and God Bless Every Body!

Happy New Year !! ... :grouphug:

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

6. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Thank you all for the encouraging words family. I wanted to share because not only am I sad, but I am truly happy she is at rest. But the stories she shared with me about her life will always be a source of strength & courage.

7. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    As'e.......

8. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    Condolence to you Kamau and your wife's family... And your right,... your beloved grandmother is in good hands now.. Peace and love to you and your family...

9. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    if you dont mind, would you share one of her stories with us?
    revealing may be a part of healing.

10. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    that is a good idea...i love hearing elders tell us stories from their past