Black People : Beliefs - Why are they so resistant to change?

Sorry for the delay. Death in the family.
The short answer to your question is that it depends.
The longer answer:
I have a firm belief/trust/faith in God, but not religion or much else in life. I tend to question religion because most of it is, for lack of a better word, unbelievable. I think religion is man-made and altered at the whim of society.

I agree 100%

understanding, however concider this

"Quote:
Originally Posted by CITIZEN
Sorry for the delay. Death in the family.
The short answer to your question is that it depends.
The longer answer:
I have a firm belief/trust/faith in God, but not religion or much else in life. I tend to question religion because most of it is, for lack of a better word, unbelievable. I think religion is man-made and altered at the whim of society. "

"I agree 100% "

if someone gave you what they claimed to be the holy book of their religion and you opened the book and saw this, would this make sense to you?

Image87.gif

unless you understood calculus, you would take the statement literally and disgard it!

alchemy-symbols-2.jpg

does this picture make any sense at all?

senufo%20mask.JPG

do most Europeans understand what this mask symbolizes or represents, or do they disgard it as primitive, without trying to seek the inner meanng that the image signifies?

Do we determine religion by virtue of the hypocrates that propogate it in the machine age or do we actually read the texts of the worlds religions to try to uderstand the inner symbolism?

sphinx.jpg

can we as inelligent adults actually believe that folks as advanced in technology, spiritual etheric and physical actual believed there was a creature like this running around somewhere?

Or does the lions body symbolize something the head and the direction on the planet that the brothers faces, as well as the cloth covering the head represent a certain behavior or ideal?

The holy scriptures of the world's religions are like a pomegranate
and everyone understands that one does not give a small child a pomegranate because they will bite into it and be disgusted, and if they open it they wil eat the fruit but choke on the pits;

pomegranate.jpg

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back