Black Relationships : Being Overlooked By Good Black Men

As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you really looking for? And the Person you meet what is he looking for?
With most relationships in these times they do not work because there is no foundation to begin to build on.

God,Marriage,family and building and helping should be your base. And for the man you meet God,marriage, securing,protecting and mantaining should be his base.

What type of work do you do to attract the Kind of Man you should have?

I haven't been in a serious relationship in about 4 or 5 years now and I got to be honest, it really sucks. My friends think I'm just being picky but the truth is I have met guys that I do like, it's just nothing ever comes out of getting to know any of them. I'm 32 with no kids, no drama, and a good job but it seems like no one I meet with the same qualifications ever wants to date me. I live in a town where it's becoming more and more common to see black men going after white women, especially the good ones who have something going for themselves. Please don't get me wrong, I have no issues with interracial dating and this isn't just me ranting about black men going with white women. I must admit though, after what I've been experiencing lately, I'm beginning to think that's one of the main reasons why I'm having such a hard time meeting someone and it's a little frustrating because I know I'm not any of those stereotypes that often get pinned to black women as excuses for not dating us. Usually if a black man does want to talk to me, they're either too young, having baby mama drama, no real ambitions in life, immature, or thugging (yes, even in their 30s). I've also tried dating outside of my race but the white men I've met were only interested in "experimenting" and I'm more attracted to black and Hispanic men. I really don't know what to do at this point and I'm really ready to just give up on ever meeting anyone in my town, going out of state is becoming more and more of a possible option, even more so if it means leaving the south. I've gone so far as to try and change my preferences up a little bit and look past some things that I know I don't want in a mate but feels like I'm settling and I'm not that happy in my current situation as a result. Is it silly for me to feel this way? Anyone else currently or ever experience this?

Some say "like attracts like."

If you are a Black woman who looks at profession first and dates outside of her race for more comparable companionship; you'll probably qualify for a Black man who looks at profession first and dates outside his race for more comparable companionship. Trouble with that is two Black people can't date outside of their race and date each other.

You have all these troubles with Black men: too young, having baby mama drama, no real life ambitions in life, immature, or thugging. Maybe you are projecting? I.e. maybe a love one of yours had these problems or worse these problems reflect your self-image.

Maybe you keep telling yourself you are old, have no kids, no drama, lots of life ambitions, maturity and you ain't 'thugging.' But if all of this were true, why do you attract the sort?

In this introduction alone you mentioned your age, your lack of kids and drama, your job, your 'black men got the problem' mentality, and your judgmental attitude and 'outside experiments.' Your slump is self-explanatory. It's not the Brothers--they have no trouble finding women--it's you.

I haven't been in a serious relationship in about 4 or 5 years now and I got to be honest, it really sucks. My friends think I'm just being picky but the truth is I have met guys that I do like, it's just nothing ever comes out of getting to know any of them. I'm 32 with no kids, no drama, and a good job but it seems like no one I meet with the same qualifications ever wants to date me. I live in a town where it's becoming more and more common to see black men going after white women, especially the good ones who have something going for themselves. Please don't get me wrong, I have no issues with interracial dating and this isn't just me ranting about black men going with white women. I must admit though, after what I've been experiencing lately, I'm beginning to think that's one of the main reasons why I'm having such a hard time meeting someone and it's a little frustrating because I know I'm not any of those stereotypes that often get pinned to black women as excuses for not dating us. Usually if a black man does want to talk to me, they're either too young, having baby mama drama, no real ambitions in life, immature, or thugging (yes, even in their 30s). I've also tried dating outside of my race but the white men I've met were only interested in "experimenting" and I'm more attracted to black and Hispanic men. I really don't know what to do at this point and I'm really ready to just give up on ever meeting anyone in my town, going out of state is becoming more and more of a possible option, even more so if it means leaving the south. I've gone so far as to try and change my preferences up a little bit and look past some things that I know I don't want in a mate but feels like I'm settling and I'm not that happy in my current situation as a result. Is it silly for me to feel this way? Anyone else currently or ever experience this?

Peace

May I humbly suggest yoga and or meditation to increase your vibration.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back