Black Relationships : Being Cheated On but Stay or Go

legit-writer

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2002
My boyfriend and I had a 'creative discussion' the other day. He was constantly making a point of the only thing that would make him leave and never come back is if I convince him that I no longer love or or want to be with him. Other than that, there is nothing I can say or do that will make him leave me. Then he gave an example on if I was to cheat on him, saying that if I cheat on him, he would be extremely pissed, but eventually he would forgive me, and stay with me. His 'theory' or claimed human nature is that if a person cheats on their partner, if they forgive them, and stay with them, then it means they love them enough, but if they don't stay then it concludes that they didn't love them enough. I responded to him that if I loved him enough, I would not be going out cheating on him in the first place.

Is it possible to love someone even though you leave them, knowing you can't go through the pain anymore? Is leaving although you forgive that person is more so respecting yourself rather than it being based on how much you love that person. How about how much you love yourself?

My boyfriend and I had a 'creative discussion' the other day. He was constantly making a point of the only thing that would make him leave and never come back is if I convince him that I no longer love or or want to be with him. Other than that, there is nothing I can say or do that will make him leave me. Then he gave an example on if I was to cheat on him, saying that if I cheat on him, he would be extremely pissed, but eventually he would forgive me, and stay with me. His 'theory' or claimed human nature is that if a person cheats on their partner, if they forgive them, and stay with them, then it means they love them enough, but if they don't stay then it concludes that they didn't love them enough. I responded to him that if I loved him enough, I would not be going out cheating on him in the first place.

Is it possible to love someone even though you leave them, knowing you can't go through the pain anymore? Is leaving although you forgive that person is more so respecting yourself rather than it being based on how much you love that person. How about how much you love yourself?

I put a woman out of my house butt nekkid, because I realized we were toxic for each other. She had a lot of great qualities. The bad one(s) were just life threatening. I still think about her, but I know I could never be with here

I find that "Accept" is a decent substitute for "Love." You can "accept" someone who cheats on you, but you, being cheated on, are not "accepted" (in the monogamous role you want.)

Your boyfriend is saying that he accepts you, you are saying, if you cheat, you do not accept him.

Though love is deeper, this should enlighten your discussion.

Obviously, you should seek to accept yourself and be accepted. Cheating is a display otherwise.

Yes you can love someone and still leave them...What I think it really comes down to is do you really love yourself?
You can forgive the person and still leave...and yes it boils down to respecting you...because the person who cheated on you sure didn't respect you.
If a person chooses to stay with someone who cheats on them then it's between the couple...Now when it comes to me, I'm leaving or your leaving, but someone is leaving...I can't trust that person any more...my anxiety is going to up and I'm going to be very bitter about the situation and it wouldn't make for a healthy thriving relationship.

But if you choose to stay or if he chooses to stay, but just understand, it's easier said then done.

I put a woman out of my house butt nekkid, because I realized we were toxic for each other. She had a lot of great qualities. The bad one(s) were just life threatening. I still think about her, but I know I could never be with here

I put a woman out of my house butt nekkid, Lol.:( Kemestry I don't believe it.:lol::lol:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back