Black People : Being Black

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsVeraisblessed, Mar 31, 2012.

1. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    [​IMG]
    dynamicafrica:
    “Being black is not a matter of pigmentation - being black is a reflection of a mental attitude.”
    “Black Consciousness is an attitude of the mind and a way of life, the most positive call to emanate from the black world for a long time.”
    “Merely by describing yourself as black you have started on a road towards emancipation, you have committed yourself to fight against all forces that seek to use your blackness as a stamp that marks you out as a subservient being.”
    “The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.”
    “The basic tenet of black consciousness is that the black man must reject all value systems that seek to make him a foreigner in the country of his birth and reduce his basic human dignity.”
    - Stephen Bantu Biko

2. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    It does have to do with pigmentation as well as we do not decide what color we want to be at conception, unless there is some spiritually introspective (which leads to external appearance) thought directives pre-birth that at the moment cannot be substantiated but also at the same time cannot be discredited. This could play into an opening for others that are not black to claim they are when they really aren't (beyond the point the origins of the human race). I'm not trying to trash your thread, maybe I tend to over-think things.

3. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    your thots are welcome, bro horserunner

4. houserunner

houserunner Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    Thanks, I just do not want to make it seem as if I am confrontational, just throwing out things to ponder on stated topics.