Black People : BEHEADINGS of African people...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    You know these beheadings just keep on happening, and yet there seems little concern about them among most Americans... Have we been that desensitized about them, or do we, as Africans, need a few brothas to get their heads chopped off for us to get hopping mad??? :court:

What do you guys think would be our response, Jesse Jackson and Sharpton's response, were one of us to show up in one of those videos blindfolded, and with our captors proclaiming us as the next victim??? Are we going to get angry about Africans having their heads chopped off, especially after having demonstrated very little emotion about Europeans suffering the same fate???

On a personal level, I would be straight pissed off if those arabs did that to a brother... But knowing I didn't shed too many tears over the others in those videos, I know I'd come off as pretty prejudiced... Oh, well... :yawn:

2. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    WHEN I SAW SOME OF THE BEHEADING VIDEOS, ALL I COULD THINK WAS NO MAN OR WOMAN SHOULD HAVE TO GO OUT LIKE THAT. THATS BEYOND CRUEL, NO MATTER WHO IT IS. AT THE SAME TIME IM LIKE WHY ARE YOU THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE, DOING BUSINESS, 'CONTRACTING". IF IT WAS A BLK PERSON ID B EVEN MADDER.

3. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    That's a good question bruh really..I see ofay over there getting ready to lose his helmet I think to myself my patent thought whenever I see ofay on tv getting laid down....BDD...Brother's Die Daily.....and we dont' get put on tv..one of my potnas got his throat slashed tongue cut out and a bullet in his head, the girl with him was raped throat cut and bullet in her head, and the other boy with them got the same thing....and they didn't get on the evening news nobody gave a good one ....if a brother was on one of them tapes getting his head sawed off I would be pissed but I'd think..you should have knowed(I know it's wrong) better than following them white folks over there f-ing with them people.....like the saying in Mississippi...ya git what ya git.....

Mississippi Red

It's hard enough to keep bullets out my arse over here why would I go to Iraq an increase the difficulty level...

4. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    [email protected]!!! Yeah, there is some mixed emotions about brothers being down with the Enemy, and acting so much like the enemy that he winds up being treated like the enemy... Somehow, I feel there's a political message in the fact that NONE of us have been in that group being BEHEADED... What'chall think???

Peace!
    Isaiah

5. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    "Somehow, I feel there's a political message in the fact that NONE of us have been in that group being BEHEADED... What'chall think???"

You are fa sho right with that statement....the message is we know when to get to runnin and we don't stop until we are safe...you won't catch no brother stopping or looking around talking bout"what are those guys with the guns and bone saw coming over here for"..nah dog we smokin um low by that time....ofay asking ofay next to him.."where'd the Black guy go"...I honestly doubt that there are actually that many of us over there ....

Mississippi Red

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I don't see a political message in black people not being beheaded. Those people getting kidnapped & beheaded are contractors...businessmen. There are trying to profit off the Iraqis, at great risk to their personal safety. Black folk ain't there to make millions off the people of Iraq, they are there as soldiers (risking their lives for free)! When it comes down to it, the Iraqis soldiers will shoot or blow up a black soldier just as soon as a white one. However the political pressure comes from killing civilians not soldiers! As in every American/European lead war...it is white people who reap the benefits (although Asians have put their hands in the cookie jar as well).

7. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Pan, I guess you're right, but then...I don't know... Let's not think there aren't plenty of African Americans and Africans overseas, now...(smile!) This is a very different world than the one our pappy's grew up in...(smile!)

African Americans are 'bout everywhere - and don't forget, wherever African men have gone to fight in wars for this country, many have stayed, as they find it a better alternative to returning to Jim Crowsville(Yeah, peops, it still exists, haven't ya noticed?)

In addition, brothas be dippin' da stick, and leaving a trail a crumbbustas behind, so it is most easy to see these knuckleheads beheading a brother or sister...even if they aint Americans of African descent...

I was listening to myradiodismorning, and Jesse, Jr. was on talking about the situation in the Sudan... Peops, keep ya eyes open on this front, please... There's major genocide going on over there, and some of us want to keep that silent...among those are, yes, the Nation of Islam...as well as other Orthodox African American muslims...these brothers are making me sick - really... They gots more love for their religion than their own *****... God HATES Ugly, and down with that - even if it means all religions and religionists must be cast into HELL... That's me being angry... Nothing personal...

Peace!
    Isaiah

8. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    MississippiRed...this is funny but for real! :lol:
    Brother Pan...
    I don't know that I would agree totally with this because I know of Blacks/African Americans who have been going to and living in the Middle East for the past 30 years working for one of the Seven Sisters (oil companies) making money hand over fist and tax free. In this day and age, I would call that exploitation just the same wouldn't you?

Brother Isaiah...
    I agree with this statement. Although, in the 1970s during the reign of Idi Amin, I can recall when there were terrorist attacks against Americans in Uganda and other parts of what's called the Middle East but I was told through some reputable sources that only white Americans were being targeted. But I don't believe that would be or is the case in the current situation in Iraq. I think that any American over there to exploit the country, regardless of race, would find themselves a prime target for an execution if caught by the "freedom fighters".

Having written that, I want to revisit Brother Isaiah's earlier question as to how would African Americans react if a brother/sister was beheaded? Would that change our views of Iraq and the Bush war against the country?

Queenie :spinstar:

9. Oba Iparankanru

Oba Iparankanru Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Those arabs still hold black slaves and are executing genocide on blacks. that would only be the icing on the cake and i'm sure it has probably happened.

10. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62

Queenie, in a nutshell... I'd be pissed off if those Arabs started just beheading Africans, but then I'd think, perhaps, this is a wake-up call for Africans who seem to think they alright with Arabs or with White folks... Maybe, theres some good that might come out of it - sad to say...

Peace!
    Isaiah