Violaters / Violations : beefing up chat to protect us all

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by Destee, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother skuderjaymes,

It was reported that you were being a "jerk" in chat.

I didn't witness this, but trust that if you have been doing such, you will stop.

Thanks a Bunch!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

2. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    excuse me?

First thing.. I don't really appreciate being called a jerk.

And if I am in violation of some rule, I would like to know what rule I violated.. and also when and where I violated that rule.

I think that is only fair.

3. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    that's really wild.. I've been here all these years posting positive content.. sharing.. caring.. and I'm insulted like this with absolutely no basis.. no nothing.. no respect.. no consideration.. you could have just shot me a Private message.. or an email.. but you haul me out to the town square and sully my name with no evidence.. no nothing..

If that's how you feel about my presence here.. it's duly noted..

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    This forum is for violations and "possible" ones, it's where these type of situations belong.

I rarely address such issues privately, as it's a learning opportunity for all, providing transparency.

No one called you a jerk, they said you were acting like a jerk, and i admitted i did not witness it.

I wasn't accusing you of it ... i didn't say you did it ... i only asked ... if true ... please stop.

If untrue ... i apologize for any discomfort this might have caused you ... please don't take it personal.

It's my job to address these issues (efficiently) ... and this demonstrates a weak spot in that ability.

I'll work on rectifying that ... so you nor anyone has to experience this again ... my bad.

Love You!

Destee

5. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043

okay.. I don't appreciate having my behavior likened to "a jerk" either.. without any explanation as what that means.

It's insulting.. and belittling. And I don't know how to not take personal something that is being directed directly at me. Isn't that the definition of personal?

And how can this be a learning opportunity for anyone when their is no detail as to what is considered "acting like a jerk"?

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

It's obvious you don't appreciate me bringing this to you ... and i apologized for any discomfort it's caused.

I guess each Member can and probably does take my speaking to their behavior as "personal" ... yes ... i can see that ... and again, i apologize for any inconvenience it's caused you ... but it's not personal in that, i'm just doing my job. It's my job to address possible violations, all management issues, and that's what i did. I do it all the time. It's not personal in that regard, my speaking to you about it.

I suppose the learning opportunity may only be for me ... learning that a managerial weak spot in chat has manifested itself ... that the chat room has been under-moderated for some time now, and i've gotten away with it for as long as i can. We are now beginning to receive complaints regarding behavior in there, that needs confirming or denying in an official capacity ... and i don't have the capacity to deliver that, in this moment right here ... i just learned that ... and will now learn how much more time, energy, effort, etc., it's going to cost to get us there.

I can't undo history ... undo what has taken place ... but i will take your name out of this title.

I'll change it to ... "beefing up chat to protect us all" ... :guard:

I've already apologized ... i'm working on making sure it doesn't happen again ... i accept responsibility.

What more do you want me to do?

Destee

7. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043

Thank you, I appreciate that.

8. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    if ur gonna put him on front street like that u should at least pm him who was bringing allegations towards him....
    thas only fair....

one love
    khasm

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Brother Khasm ... Members don't determine if i speak to a "possible" violation ... i do that.

All they do is report a "possible" violation ... i decide if i "put someone on front street" or whatever.

I've never revealed who reported something, for everything beyond that point, is on me.

Members help me maintain our peace, and i appreciate it. The part you're try'n to fix, aint broke.

The part that's broke ... is the lack of moderation in chat ... and i'm on it.

Thanks for sharing what you think i should do. I may have to do it one day, but not today.

Love You!

Destee