Occupation
Poet
Bedtime Story

As children
we were entertained
by the bedtime story.

I have never outgrown the
desire and sheer joy of a good storyline
whether at bedtime or around a campfire.

Here's one
I’d like to share with you:

Once
upon a time,
there lived a man of color
who fashioned himself a prince
out of a desire to one day become king.

As king,
he hoped to rule
over loving subjects
with whom he could relate.

The first order of business
was to find a suitable mate to wed.
One who thought him worthy of such high ambition.
Someone much like himself, a noble spirit; his queen.

Women of every sort were attracted to this man.
His Blackness a beck and call to feminine desire.
The strong melodic voice of his passionate troubled soul.
Manhood, his signature gesture, permeated a muscular body.

A man’s MAN…
in need of a woman ~

Darryl Abdu Omari
aka 1poetsought :heart:

Last edited:

CindyC

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 2, 2008
S Cali
Occupation
Head Start Home Base Educator
Oh, but this is unfinished! Good read and awaiting for the Queen!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Khasm13 Khasm13 : da bedtime story.... Khasm13 18
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : We've Been Telling the Alamo Story Wrong for Nearly 200 Years. Now It's Time to Correct the Record Black Education / Schools 2
OldSoul Black People : The Story of the Donkey and Tiger - with the Wisdom of the Lion Black People Open Forum 1
Fine1952 African American History Culture : We Are The Real Indians - His Story Lied African American History Culture 21
Writeous1 Black People : The True Kamala Harris Story Black People Open Forum 25
T The Front Porch : My Story The Front Porch 3
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : MJ story...... Black Sports 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : The true story behind the name 'Black Friday' is much darker than you may have thought Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The Myth Was $150,000 in Fraud. The Real Story Is More Interesting African American History Culture 0
OldSoul Black People : KINGS: The True Story of Chicago's Policy Kings and Numbers Racketeers Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Weight Loss : Eggs May Be Bad for the Heart, a New Study Says—But There's More to the Story Black Health and Wellness 0
OldSoul Black People : PATRICE LUMUMBA's STORY-A TRUE AFRICAN NATIONALIST Black People Open Forum 1
Perfection Black People Politics : Pay attention to this story yall: Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou "kidnapped" Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : 'Black Jesus' and his cigar: Allen Iverson shares favorite Michael Jordan story Black Sports 1
OldSoul Black People : A Black Love Story Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : White mob wiped this all-black Florida town off the map, 60 years later their story was finally told African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Christians : MAKING HER-STORY: Irishea Hilliard makes history after inheriting Houston megachurch Christian Study Group 0
R Black Poetry : Tell a phat story about bling in the category of things // Such as the fury of jewelry and wedding r Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Education / Schools : A new documentary tells the story of how black colleges shaped America Black Education / Schools 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : Black unemployment is at a record low. But there's a lot more to the story Black Money Business Jobs 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : Black unemployment is at a record low. But there's a lot more to the story Black Money Business Jobs 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Story of Marcus Garvey - Documentary Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Death isn't the end of the story Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: these rhymes lift and move minds like barbells and my car tells story, wheels are dubs prof Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : CHAMELEON: The True Story of W. D.Fard By Dr. A.K Arian AACOOLDRE 0
WarningToBlackPeople Black People : Racists in the military attacked me as a recruit, service person, and even now as Veteran. My Story. Black People Open Forum 29
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : Jay Z - the story of OJ Black Entertainment 4
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : The story of 'Patton's Panthers,' the black WWII tank unit that crushed Nazi forces on the Western f African American History Culture 1
R Black Short Stories : That’s My Story & I’m Sticking to It Short Stories - Authors - Writing 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The taking of Joppa: An Egyptian literary precedent to Homer’s Wooden Trojan Horse story in The Ody AACOOLDRE 0
Destee Liberia : The Story of the Sirleaf Market Women's Fund of Liberia Liberia 1
Destee Black Entertainment : If you must reference a movie to share your story, make your point ... Black Entertainment 5
RAPTOR Black People : Jamaican Suspected Organ Trafficker Caught & Story Revealed Feb 2017 Black People Open Forum 0
L'essince Black Short Stories : Just a little ghetto love: Trish's Story Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
Chevron Dove Black People : A white officer said she was shot by a black man. Then her story started to unravel. Black People Open Forum 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : THE SLAYING OF MEN BY HATHOR: Its relationship to the Golden Calf Story in Exodus 32 AACOOLDRE 1
chuck Black People : Today's Detroit: Another 'Tale of Two Cities' Story! Black People Open Forum 0
skuderjaymes Black People : Octavia Butler - Speech Sound (Dystopian Story) Black People Open Forum 0
Liberty Africa : The Founders of Afripedia Are Changing the One-Sided Story About Africa All Things Africa 5
Liberty Black Positive People : The story of Clarence Otis Jr. – Darden CEO leads Red Lobster and Olive Garden Black People Doing Positive Things 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The scholar denied: the W.E.B dubois story AACOOLDRE 0
HODEE Black People : The Story: My friend and I Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : One Woman’s Story Highlights the Hidden Skin Cancer Risks for People of Color Black Health and Wellness 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Black Like Me: the Rachel "Blackface" Story AACOOLDRE 0
skuderjaymes Black Spirituality Religion : True Story: My Last Suicide Attempt Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Seymour Hersh Details Explosive Story on Bin Laden Killing & Responds to White House, Media Backlash Black People Politics 4
candeesweet Black Poetry : True Story Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The other Mundus (Anubis) story AACOOLDRE 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : African America and the U.S. as told through the story of commercial hip-hop and the prison industry Black People Politics 0
OldSoul OldSoul : TigerBelles: The Untold Story of the Fastest Women on Earth OldSoul 1