Beauty Standards and Black Women

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Omowale Jabali, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Some Black Women are among the most pysically attractive in the world. Some can even consider them beautiful. I know that a lot of Brothers have interacted with these women on the internet. Some through dating services and other websites. I am sure there are some brothers here who will deny doing so but at the same time have profiles on dating sites.

What I have a question about is this. I have a lot of interaction with women related to the entertainment industry. On occasion, I have assisted friends in casting for independent film and/or video productions. As a result, over the years I have a rather extensive portfolio and "social network". Sometimes I search the net for up and coming "newbies" who most people are not familiar with. This means I have also belonged to modeling sites, and I do have family in this aspect of the industry as well.

Question: When I websearch for "Beautiful Black Women" what I find mostly are sites advertising or displaying Black women for hairstyles or hair products. Is it ALWAYS about the HAIR?