Black People Politics : Beautiful sister Stacey Dash endorses Romney, gets ripped apart

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Isfasha, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Isfasha

Isfasha Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +44
    Stacey Dash's Romney Problem
    [​IMG]

"Vote for Romney. The only choice for your future."
    With a single tweet, actress Stacey Dash blew up the Twitterverse, igniting a full-on backlash -- so much so that she went on CNN's Piers Morgan show this week to defend her choice of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

Just why would Dash's endorsement be controversial? Is it because she's an actor and Hollywood votes overwhelmingly Democratic, Clint Eastwood notwithstanding? Or is it because she's black, so it's assumed she should have an allegiance to an African American president? Or is it because Dash -- who played Dionne, the materialistic sidekick to Alicia Silverstone's Cher in the 1995 hit, Clueless -- recently quit the VH1 hit Single Ladies and is jobless?

As one tweeter put it: "You're an ‘You’re an unemployed black woman endorsing Mitt Romney. You’re voting against yourself thrice, you poor beautiful idiot."

Clueless, maybe, but certainly no idiot. Truth is, Dash has a constitutional right to express herself -- and her choice -- just like Romney t-shirt wearing teen Samantha Pawlucy does. After all, this is America. We should be encouraging citizens to excercise their freedom of choice, not discouraging it.

And to the haters who disagree, I've got two words for them: "As if!"

Watch Dash, who voted for President Barack Obama in 2008, defend her endorsement of Romney below.

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    She must be a newly convert to mormonism and this is her intiation test of faith and she seems to have passed with flying colors.

It says she voted for obama in '08 and must be dissapointed in what he has and hasn't done and wants to give someone else a shot. Or maybe she's just seen that commercial that goes 'vote like your life depends on it - vote like your job depends on it - by those b & c list actors and is mad that she wasn't called to be in the commercial.

One thing is for sure, she will be working soon because i know her agent's phone is ringing off the hook right about now. :callme:

I think she has gotten a Clue.

3. Enejoh

Enejoh Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +130
    Get used get dumped cry fowl later....She got di right to vote for kkk.

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Personally, she don't hold no weight (no pun intended) anyway to influence more than a handful of people who actually saw clueless. So what's the big deal.

Do they know how many celebrities and other black voters who voted for obama the first go round are NOT VOTING AT ALL this time because they feel they got played in '08 by putting all of their faith into a 'black' presidential canditate?

I think Jay z & beyonce' are the only celeb's left that still believe in 'change'. Oh yeah, how could i forget his other baby mama Oprah.

That is until michelle got wind of her getting a little too close and set it off on the Mega talk show host and took her to war over her man. michelle said that Barack ain't the only one who can drop bombs on somebody. :lol:

Now you know Oprah was wrong for that. How you gonna hope to redecorate another womans bedroom for her and her husband. Better yet, how you gonna hope to redecorate the President and first ladies bedroom and his wife knows how 'close' you and her husband is. You know black woman anywhere know that Oprah was trying to send signals. :argue:

If a pictures worth a thousand words and i had never seen michelle obama before, i would have put money up that Oprah was actually Michelle and that michelle was some talk show host that amassed over a billion dollars and now has her OWN channel, LITERRALLY!!

[​IMG]

5. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

michelle said that Barack ain't the only one who can drop bombs on somebody. :lol:

ROTFL..Info-moetry you aint easy:lol::lol:..

6. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    How you gonna hope to redecorate another womans bedroom for her and her husband.
    Michelle is no fool...as my grandmother would say Michelle might have been born a night..BUT not last night.:lol::lol:
    How would O know what Barack taste would be...nevva mind.Lol. Oprah probably forgot that Michelle is a brilliant lawyer...:(

7. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    She obviously didnt watch the publican primary debates

8. Isfasha

Isfasha Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +44
    1) The double standards liberals and democrats of all denominations show when someone dares to think for themselves. That woman saw pass the ******** the liberal media apparatus throws every single day at Romney and did her homework. Liberals get furious when slaves leave their plantation to get a better life, which is of course creating your own wealth instead of depending on the government to take care of you...that's your 47% right there.

2) The vitriolic criticism black conservatives receive in America for taking the high road, specially from other blacks. The insecurity level within the black community is astounding. I say this because there are a lot of brothers and sisters out there that are conservative at heart but are afraid to voice their opinion because they don't want to put themselves in the same position people like Stacey Dash are going through right now.

9. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    Meh.
    Maybe she has a valid reason for preferring Mitt over Obama. Maybe his policies do benefit her. Maybe she's 'voting her conscience'. A whole heap of black folks are staunchly conservative (socially speaking, at least). Actually....

...but I don't know. Didn't watch the video and I didn't watch b/c her reasoning doesn't matter to me. It's not like she 'owes' me an explanation. *laugh*
    Frankly, I don't understand why anyone's being ugly to her about it.
    Let her support whatever candidate she wants.
    Let her do what she thinks is best for the country or herself (or whatever).

Who is that twitter-er to speak on her 'condition', anyway? Like they even know her....
    She's 'black' and a 'woman'. *shrug* What's that to do with anything?

I'm black, female and a conservative...so what?
    Who will I support?

The short answer: Whomever the hell I please...*laugh*
    The long answer: *shrug*
    No idea. If I cast a vote for Mitt, it would only be about voting 'my interests'. I'm looking out for me... and even though everyone considers their interests when voting, it's looked upon as being a bad thing if you do it for a Republican.
    Weirdness.
    But...both of the popular parties make me sick. I'm kind of 'over' everyone at the moment. Haven't watched the debates. Haven't paid attn to anything. I thought the feeling would go away, but it hasn't.
    *shrug*

What we could use - what I desire - is a TRUE populist movement...and we almost had it but the trash of the Republican Party f'ed the Tea Party up. The Dems had a liberal answer...which was a part of the problem and why nothing ever came of it.
    I may not vote at all, though I know how important it is to keep these bastards in line. I haven't decided yet. Maybe I'll wake up between now and Nov 1 with more motivation.

ANYWAY ---

Different things means different things to different people...depending on your life circumstance.
    I don't personally know any actors or anything, but...I'm gonna slap on my cap and do some critical thinking.
    *laugh*
    Way I see it?
    All actors are technically 'unemployed' when they don't have working gigs...and the only way for an actor to be employed in the way that some or many within the general public understand being 'employed' is to be a part of a regular tv show...I'd imagine.
    I guess.
    But -- those who work the silver screen don't. Even Denzel is unemployed between movies, but he earns so much per role that it hardly matters. That's the point...and I can understand occupations that have 'feast or famine' cycles. The more skillful you get over time?
    The more you 'feast'.
    I also think it important to consider that plenty of actors receive, in a tv season of 9 shows (I guess), what most in the general public would consider a yearly or 2-year salary.

Having REAL wealth affords options. Like, having the choice between working and... not?
    *laugh*
    People with wealth -- particularly the SELF-MADE who had to bend and scrape for every dollar -- usually know how to maintain it. They don't have a hood-rich mentality.
    ...which is kinda how they became wealthy in the first place?
    *shrug*

I didn't follow the story surrounding her leaving the show. I don't watch VH1 reality shows, anyway. But - imo, if the woman were truly needy? Pretty sure that she would've stayed on and put up with whatever was going on.

Point is: If she can 'walk away' from a gig?
    She's ain't hurtin'.
    *shrug*
    Second point is: trying to lump her in with whatever that tweeter thinks is the 'plight' of black women is kind of ridiculous.
    So... unemployed? Yeah, technically. But...'Mizzzz Dash' is likely to be far from 'broke' or living in squalor.
    I'm fairly certain that 'Mizzzz Dash' could do without the pointers.
    I'm sure that she's appreciative, anyway...random twitter-er of dubious wealth/life skill.
    *smirk*

Backlash...?
    *laugh*
    I don't hear anyone saying anything about a Stacey Dash in my neck of the woods. Nowhere but the internet.
    BFD.
    Nothing but internet drama and it's gangsters. I don't really even see the internet as being a part of the 'real' world....
    Sure, if you put an issue in their face and request opinions? Folks will give it. Doesn't mean that they pay it in any mind in their real lives. I don't.
    ...and it's the same with this 'issue'.

How funny that it's become an 'issue', anyway...huh?

For all the whining that Americans do, we should all feel fortunate that our greatest problem of the day involves quibbling for hours over the voting habits of some random a..s celeb. <-- #richcountryproblems.

In other news --
    Jack 'n the Box stopped selling 'Jackaccinoes' last month.
    >>throws hands up and sighs<<
    I don't know what I'm going to do for lunch and there's no decent sub but Starbucks. But - there's no Starbucks close to my job.
    Now, I'll have to settle for the Starbucks drinks at the convenience store....
    *sigh*

[​IMG]

Dontcha hate it when that happens? This was me...all day.
    All in all, my day started off on a lukewarm note.
    First? I wanted to get up at 9a, but I slept until about 1245pm...and I hate going to the gym in the afternoon. I meant to get up early to my oil changed, but I didn't feel like doing it today.
    Then, I had a thought while driving around, "Wouldn't it be marvelous if mechanics would just drive out to your house and do your car service for you...? I need to find someone like that...."

So, I get home to surf the internet for housewares and random things, but the computer kicked me off to update. No warning or anything.
    ...and while I'm on the subject? I wish the people at Firefox would create a 'compatible' update that allows Norton 360 to actually work on the browser that I prefer to use.

My fiance emailed me some plans for some homes that he's looking at in Houston. They were nice, but the master bath for two of the homes didn't have a shower and separate soaking tub...*sigh*
    Looked through my email at some job offers. One gig looked interested but that agency only pays, like, $25/hr...*sigh*

I went downstairs and picked up the wrong tv remote to cut the volume down. Then, I discovered that I couldn't locate the right remote.
    Now? I have to walk to the tv and manually control the sound....*sigh*

I'm still reeling from the news that Stacey Dash is voting for a Republican...but I've more pressing matters to think about: I'm hungry.
    Actually, I've been hungry for about two hours, but I don't want anything in that refrigerator...but I don't feel like cooking something different...but I can't decide whether I want takeout from iHop, Chilis, Red Lobster...but I don't really feel like spending money right now. :(
    I don't really much feel like driving, either.
    Why don't any of these restaurants deliver?

...but everything wasn't bad. The incompetent cleaning lady was on time. The protein shake at the gym was delicious. I hit greenlights for most of the way home. I didn't have to dodge calls from the dept, guilt-tripping and begging me to work over-time.
    Hell - I work 32 hours on the weekends. Isn't that enough?
    My baby's gonna call me at 10 for our daily catch-up.
    AND... 'Supernatural' now airs on Wednesdays!
    Personally? I think it's a good move. Too many good shows air on Fridays.
    These networks have to be conscientious.
    I mean, it's not like everyone has TIVO....

*smirks and shakes head*

This is really how my day went, btw...but - y'know how many on this planet would kill for these 'issues'...?
    I've met a whole heap of foreigners. This is likely #3 on the top ten list of why they hate America/ns.
    It's a love-hate really. They see America as that of 'milk and honey'...but they view Americans distastefully. Plenty think us wasteful. Ungrateful. A spoiled people.
    Meh.

Seriously....
    Like anyone really gives a s--t that Stacey Dash is voting for Mitt? Like the behavior of any of these celebs is really going to influence 'habits'? *laugh*
    Hell, if adults are THAT impressionable...they don't need to be going anywhere near the voting booth.

10. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    She is right that Obama has been bad for the country. All you have to do to understand that is compare the unemployment rate today to what it was when Obama took the Oath of Office. Then, after that, imagine how many more people would be employed today if Obama's Stimulus Plan had focused on creating jobs for the poor instead of bailing out the rich.

The only black people [most] who still support Obama are those who are Clueless about how politics work.

But, that said, she proved she is just as Clueless as they when she said she believes Romney would be good for the country. He, and Obama, are both the typical sort of lying politicians which end up being preselected by the two major parties to run for POTUS.

I got my sample ballot in the mail today. There is only one name in the list of eligible POTUS/VP candidates I have any respect for --- Cindy Sheehan. She and her running mate, Roseanne Barr, have no chance in hades of winning, of course. But if I vote, I suppose Barr-Sheehan would be as good a protest vote as any other.

Other than that, if I vote, my strategy is probably going to be:
    1. Vote against all incumbents.
    2. Vote not to retain all state Supreme Court Justices.
    3. Vote 3rd party when that option is offered.
    4. Don't vote for any seat which only offers major party candidates.
    5. Vote against all amendments unless I know they were sponsored by groups aligned only with the people and not with the Military-Industrial Complex or with other groups seeking to alienate one group of people or appease an other group of people.