Black People : Be grateful for what you have and don't worry about what you don't have

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by bearwarrior, May 26, 2016.

1. bearwarrior

bearwarrior Active Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +45
    Be grateful for what you have and don't worry about what you don't have

Be grateful for what you have and don't be worried about what you don't have. Today while I was thinking I began thinking about why I am grateful for what I have and do not worry about what I don't have and a lot of things came to my mind.
    In the past I made some real good money. With what I made I could have bought a ranch out in the country. I could have had acres of land and I could have lived more comfortably. I made a lot of money but I only kept enough to keep me going. With the rest of it I helped single struggling mothers with things like groceries, bills, and rent. The only mothers that I didn't help were drug addicts. All I asked in return was if I needed a place to lay low for a couple of days that I could use their place as a safe house. The type of work I did was dangerous and didn't want to be stuck in one place so I had several different safe houses.
    I thought about my childhood. When I was a child we were dirt poor. I remember all the rats and cockroaches inside the house we lived in. When my sister Monica was born I would stay up and protect her from the rats and roaches. I was about 5 or 6 at the time. I was fortunate because although we were dirt poor we had chickens and rabbits so we always had meat. My mom grew her garden and can food. She was very talented. She would make soap, candles, her own butter and cheese, etc. When I was a baby my mom sewed all of us a blanket for when we grew up. My blanket that I still have 53 years later fits our California King Size bed. I have used it to sleep in while camping seeing as I could rap myself in it a couple of times. Even though we were dirt poor my mom always found a way to feed homeless people and let them come into our home to shower. Sometimes they would even sleep on the floor if it was raining hard. Even during the hard times I find things that I was grateful for. Today I am poor again and don't have a ranch in the countryside. I do not have much but I have a lady who loves me and treats me good. I have children and grandchildren. I have the use of all of my limbs and senses. I have life and many life experiences. I have friends that I have got to spend time with. I have a roof over my head, food to eat, water to drink. I may not have much but I am rich and I am grateful for what I have. What I don't have I obviously do not need because at 53 years if I don't have it yet I really never needed it. Be grateful for what you have and don't worry about what you don't have.

Written by Bear Warrior 11-2-12

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Thanks for caring and sharing this with all of the destee family!!

fyi

3. Damaris Sheldon

Damaris Sheldon Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    I truly understand to not have what we all consider our right to what we perceive as creature comforts we should not have to live without GOD forbid, well that was my self indulgent mindset when I was like 12 or 13 years old, I plagued my mom for this that & the other & literally stomped my feet when my request fell on deaf ears, my dad just avoided me like the bubonic plague during this rather brief period in my life. After a couple of weeks of silently enduring my crap my mom secretly redirected my summer vacation plans to visit some of my cousins in Seaside Heights New Jersey & Upper Marlboro Maryland to stay with my aunt & uncle, well when it was time for me to twist my pissy little butt off to fun times at the last minute I found out I was not going to be chauffeured off to playland by car but I was put on a bus at the Bus Terminal in Times Square, first stop was to Shinnecock in Suffolk County to learn life skills in very harsh conditions then I was back on the bus heading to Denham Springs Louisiana which I absolutely hate, I hate that place so much I actually ran away & that lasted a good hour until the mosquitos started targeting me for blood donations. So I feel your pain when I say you never fully appreciate what you have until you don't have it by your or let's say by my own selfish hand.