Be CAREFUL WITH MEMBERS SIGNATURES

Energy

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
London
First of, you will notice I am using a signature. Therefore I am the first to acknowledge signatures are great for members to advertise their work or say something about themselves.

Having said that, displaying signatures is one area that is easily abused on a discussion board and can quickly ruin the aesthetics of a site. If not controlled, signatures can turn the board into one big advertisement board. Surely you don't want that to happen.

My suggestion is 1. put a cap on the size of the signature to be displayed and 2. limit the number characters to display in the signature (maximum 120 characters). Members who wish to show more in their signature can pay extra if they wish to go above the maximum limit.

This way, the aesthetics of the site is maintained and extra money is raised to run the site.

Greetings and first I want to welcome you aboard Energy!

In my opinion, what you have described is the very thing we as a people deal with on a regular. This is our refuge from being restrained and controlled to such an extreme. I don't see the abuse you raised which is a compliment being this site is 10+ years established, and at the same time, believe one of the great attributes about our home is that we have a collective mission that also supports us individually, as long as there are no conflicts with the collective. I appreciate that the Mother of this house has been so encouraging, inclusive and supportive. Enforcing what you described would take away from the uniqueness this site brings and is very comparable to Corporate America of which is ran by (?)...I'm sure what you've described exists almost everywhere else, so I commend this site for rising above the norm and our members for respecting the freedoms given in this area..kudos to us!

Peace and Blessings!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back