Black Spirituality Religion : Be Brave Enough to Change

A007

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 16, 2001
memphis, Tn
It has become clear to me that some people want to hold on to what they believe at all costs. Initially I believed it was just sheer stubborness. But now I understand that it is a combination of pride and fear. Noone likes to be wrong about anything...much less a faith/religion that they have invested their very soul into. However, this is so dangerous and detrimental to us as a people that we must do what we can to have facts prevail.

I understand that in some instances that the conclusion that we draw from certain facts may vary. But, if we are logical and scientific there is no way our opinions/beliefs should be polar opposites. This can only happen if there is some sort of brainwashing, willed ignorance, or poor logic. There are certain things that are indisputable with logic and even if there is a difference of opinion then it SHOULD be resolved with logical conclusions IF BOTH PARTIES ARE HONEST AND OPEN TO CHANGE.

The fear can be overcome if a person realizes that the freedom and peace that comes from knowing the truth and not being controlled by a doctrine, faith, book, or people is worth being wrong a thousand times. As it stands, there are people who run from the truth by simply denying what contradicts their belief or being dishonest so they can hold on to whatever delusion or poor logic that they believe. This has happened in two of my debates since returning to the religious portion of Destee. I just want people to wake up. I don't want to beat them up. That is why I asked "Should we tell people that the bible is NOT the word of God". I have my answer. Yes we should!!! If they are not willing to recieve it because of thier fear and/or pride then that is their right. But, at least we have done our part out of love to get them to change and be free. It is up to them if they will summon the courage to discard faulty reasoning and logic to embrace change and subsequent freedom.

It has become clear to me that some people want to hold on to what they believe at all costs. Initially I believed it was just sheer stubborness. But now I understand that it is a combination of pride and fear. Noone likes to be wrong about anything...much less a faith/religion that they have invested their very soul into. However, this is so dangerous and detrimental to us as a people that we must do what we can to have facts prevail.

I understand that in some instances that the conclusion that we draw from certain facts may vary. But, if we are logical and scientific there is no way our opinions/beliefs should be polar opposites. This can only happen if there is some sort of brainwashing, willed ignorance, or poor logic. There are certain things that are indisputable with logic and even if there is a difference of opinion then it SHOULD be resolved with logical conclusions IF BOTH PARTIES ARE HONEST AND OPEN TO CHANGE.

The fear can be overcome if a person realizes that the freedom and peace that comes from knowing the truth and not being controlled by a doctrine, faith, book, or people is worth being wrong a thousand times. As it stands, there are people who run from the truth by simply denying what contradicts their belief or being dishonest so they can hold on to whatever delusion or poor logic that they believe. This has happened in two of my debates since returning to the religious portion of Destee. I just want people to wake up. I don't want to beat them up. That is why I asked "Should we tell people that the bible is NOT the word of God". I have my answer. Yes we should!!! If they are not willing to recieve it because of thier fear and/or pride then that is their right. But, at least we have done our part out of love to get them to change and be free. It is up to them if they will summon the courage to discard faulty reasoning and logic to embrace change and subsequent freedom.

I agree, but in this same aspect are you being true to yourself? Have you opened your heart and mind to things outside of religion that go against your preconcieved learnings? Are you doing the same thing that you request of others?

I don’t think you make an intelligent enough argument to tell anybody what is not or is the Word of GOD.

According to you the Word of GOD would not be in any written format.

So without any written format how do we discover the Will of GOD?

So your saying that only learning through books is the way? What about meditation and the other methods that take away the five senses and elevate the ESPs.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back