Black Christians : Be AWARE of Wolves in Sheeps Clothings

Discussion in 'Christian Study Group' started by MsInterpret, Sep 23, 2011.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    1 Timothy 1: 3-11

[3] As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so you may command certain men not to teach false doctorines any longer nor to devote themselves to MYTHS and ENDLESS GENEALOGIES.
    [4] These promote CONTROVERSIES rather than God's work -- which is by FAITH.
    [5] The goal of this command is LOVE, which comes from a PURE heart and a GOOD conscience and a sincere FAITH.
    [6] Some have wandered away from these and turned to MEANINGLESS TALK.
    [7] They want to be teachers of the law, but they don't know what they are talking about or what they confidently affirm.

[8] We know that the law is good if one uses it PROPERLY.
    [9] We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,
    [10] for adultuerers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers -- and for whatever is contrary to the sound doctorine
    [11] that conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

2 Corinthians 11:10-15

[10] As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaia will stop this boasting of mine.
    [11] Why? Because I do NOT love you? God knows I do!
    [12] And I will KEEP ON DOING what I AM DOING in order to cut the ground under the those who want an opprotunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about.

[13] For such men are FALSE APOSTLES, decietful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ.
    [14] And no wonder, for SATAN HIMSELF masquerades as an angel of light.
    [15] It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

2. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    This far by our faiths...All equal...No folks beliefs nor faiths better nor inferior to the others...FYI...

3. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Powerful!

4. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Galatians 1:6-10

[6] I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel --
    [7] which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you in confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.
    [8] But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!
    [9] As we have already said, so now I say again: IF ANYBODY IS PREACHING TO YOU A GOSPEL OTHER THAN WHAT YOU ACCEPTED, LET HIM BE ETERNALLY CONDEMNED!
    [10] Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of God.

5. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    That is the key right there!!!!! The apostles said that even if THEY come preaching a gospel that is not in the bible....let it go. So many people don't read the bible for themselves, or develop their own relationship with God, that these preachers can come and give them anything. The words that you have quoted are very powerful....you have won half the battle.

6. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    1 John 2:18-27 (NIV)

[18] Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.​
    [19] They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.​

[20] But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.​
    [21] I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth.​
    [22] Who is the liar? It is man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist -- he denies the Father and the Son.​
    [23] No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.​

[24] See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father.​
    [25] And this is what he promised us-- even eternal life.​

[26] I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astry.​
    [27] As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach to you. But as the anointing teaches you about all things and as the anointing is real, not counterfeit -- just as it has taught you, remain in him.​

7. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Test the Spirits

1 John 4:1-6 (NIV)

[1] Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.​
    [2] This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,​
    [3] but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even know is already in the world.​

[4] You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.​
    [5] They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them.​
    [6] We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.​

8. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    False Teachers and Their Destructions

2 Peter 2:1-22 (NIV)

[1] But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.​
    [2] Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.​
    [3] In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.​
    [4] For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment;​
    [5] if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;​
    [6] if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;​
    [7] and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless​
    [8] (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)—​
    [9] if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.​
    [10] This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the fleshand despise authority. Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings;​
    [11] yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not heap abuse on such beings when bringing judgment on them fromthe Lord.​
    [12] But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like unreasoning animals, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish.​
    [13] They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.​
    [14] With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed—an accursed brood!​
    [15] They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Bezer,who loved the wages of wickedness.​
    [16] But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey—an animal without speech—who spoke with a human voice and restrained the prophet’s madness.​
    [17] These people are springs without water and mists driven by a storm. Blackest darkness is reserved for them.​
    [18] For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of the flesh, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error.​
    [19] They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for “people are slaves to whatever has mastered them.”​
    [20] If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and are overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.​
    [21] It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them.​
    [22] Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,”and, “A sow that is washed returns to her wallowing in the mud.”​

9. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Jeremiah 7:1-8 (NIV)

[1] This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord:​
    [2] "Stand at the gate of the Lord's house and there proclaim this message:​
    " 'Here the word of the Lord, all of you people of Judah who come through these gates to worship the Lord.​
    [3] This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Reform your ways and your actions, and I will let you live in this place.​
    [4] Do not trust in deceptive words and say, "This is the temple of the Lord!"​
    [5] If you really change your ways and your actions and deal with each other justly,​
    [6] if you do not oppress the alien, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other god to your own harm​
    [7] then I will let you live in this place, in the land I gave your forefather for ever and ever.​
    [8] But look, you are trusting in deceptive words that are WORTHLESS.​

10. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Lying Prophets

Jeremiah 23:9-32 (NIV)

Verses [10-12] The land is full of adulterers; because of the curse the and lies parched and the pastures in the desert are withered. The prophets follow an evil course and use their power unjustly.​
    "Both prophet and priest are godless; even in my temple I find their wickedness," declares the Lord.​
    "Therefore their path will become slippery; they will be banished to darkness and there they will fall. I will bring them disaster on them in the year they are punished," declares the Lord.​

Verses [16-18]
    This is what the Lord Almighty says:​
    "Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you: they will fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord. They keep saying to those despise me, 'The Lord says: You will have peace.' And to all who follow the sutbborness of their hearts, they say, 'No harm will come to you.' But which of them has stood in the council of the Lord to see or hear his word? Who has listened and heard his word?​

Verses [21-22]
    I did not send these prophets, yet they have run with their message; I did not speak to them, yet they have prophesied. But if they had stood in my council, they would have proclaimed my words to my people, and would have turned them from their evil ways and from their evil deeds.​

Verses [30-32]
    "Therefore," declares the Lord, "I am against the prophets who steal from one another words supposedly from me. Yes," declares the Lord, "I am against the prophets who wag their own tongues and yet declare, 'The Lord declares.' Indeed I am against those who prophesy false dreams," declares the Lord. "They tell them and lead my people astray with their reckless lies, yet I did not send or appoint them. They do not benefit these in the least," declares the Lord.​