Omowale Jabali : BE AWARE of Wolves in Sheep Clothing!

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I have been thinking about this for quite some time and this may actually be the FINAL thread that I post.

There are too many of US quick to call our family members "coons"..."enemies"...etc....while at the same time talking aboutt UNITY. I find this to be quite contradictory and self-defeatism in action.

A lot of Black folks talk about the lack of Leadership but then participate in the character assassination of the very same Leadership that emerges.

We all need to BE AWARE of who does this...HOW they do it...WHEN they do it...and then determine WHY and for WHAT purpose is this happening.

Usually, there is a POLITICAL and or Spiritual agenda at work...and "forces" unseen.

SOME folks come representing POLITICAL Organizations and FRONTS, then "divide" Public Opinion, while using the Community as a BASE OF RECRUITMENT.

How many times has this played out at this website alone?

Folks who attempt to pick the ripest "Fruit", while disrespecting the very person who "BORE" the same fruit.

Months ago I posted a thread speaking how RELIGION is a dividing factor in the Black community, and I did so without attacking any particular so-called "Abarahamic" faith.

However, I am now at the point where I will openly state that the GREATEST DANGER to the African continent are those promoting ISLAM and Christianity and the "proof is in the pudding".

It is no accident that the ENTIRE continent is a "contested" zone with not a single "liberated" zone, the the main "contestants" for the heart and soul of Afrika are "wolves in sheeps clothes".

At this point, I also want to personally thank brothers Sekhemu and I-khan for sharing a multitude of information in reference to African Traditional Religions and Spiritual systems.

I am now CLEAR that this is the area in which many of US "lost The Way".

Peace and One Love!
brother Omowale.

Thanks Sister Destee for your Love and Support.
:couple:

omowalejabali said:
I have been thinking about this for quite some time and this may actually be the FINAL thread that I post.

There are too many of US quick to call our family members "coons"..."enemies"...etc....while at the same time talking aboutt UNITY. I find this to be quite contradictory and self-defeatism in action.

A lot of Black folks talk about the lack of Leadership but then participate in the character assassination of the very same Leadership that emerges.

We all need to BE AWARE of who does this...HOW they do it...WHEN they do it...and then determine WHY and for WHAT purpose is this happening.

Usually, there is a POLITICAL and or Spiritual agenda at work...and "forces" unseen.

SOME folks come representing POLITICAL Organizations and FRONTS, then "divide" Public Opinion, while using the Community as a BASE OF RECRUITMENT.

How many times has this played out at this website alone?

Folks who attempt to pick the ripest "Fruit", while disrespecting the very person who "BORE" the same fruit.

Months ago I posted a thread speaking how RELIGION is a dividing factor in the Black community, and I did so without attacking any particular so-called "Abarahamic" faith.

However, I am now at the point where I will openly state that the GREATEST DANGER to the African continent are those promoting ISLAM and Christianity and the "proof is in the pudding".

It is no accident that the ENTIRE continent is a "contested" zone with not a single "liberated" zone, the the main "contestants" for the heart and soul of Afrika are "wolves in sheeps clothes".

At this point, I also want to personally thank brothers Sekhemu and I-khan for sharing a multitude of information in reference to African Traditional Religions and Spiritual systems.

I am now CLEAR that this is the area in which many of US "lost The Way".

Peace and One Love!
brother Omowale.

Thanks Sister Destee for your Love and Support.
:couple:

Brother Omowale ... bless your sweet heart ... thank you for your love and support ... :love:

You know i don't wanna hear / read nuth'n 'bout a FINAL thread from you! :cry:

I understand what you're seeing and feeling, i see it too. I'm real sensitive to recruitment efforts of our Members, but i must always realize that folk are gonna go where they wanna and with whom. We can't really control that. In addition, what is any number of people that are with you, if you must lock them in to keep them?

At the same time though, i have always been against folk coming in picking the ripest fruit off the tree. If anyone is doing that, i'm not aware of it. Whatever invitations are extended to the Family, must be extended to all. No one can come in and pick particular Members to join their endeavors. This has been tried on past occasions, and they were quickly banned.

I'm real protective of us, sometimes too much, so i'm always weighing it out, trying to balance this inside myself. Sometimes i read things on the forums here, that make me cringe. I wonder if the Member it's directed to is strong enough to resist what appears to be enticements. I just have to hope that they are. It's really no different than a Sister or Brother meeting here, and becoming romantically involved. I might not think it's a good match. I might not think they should do that, but i have absolutely no control over it, and would be way out of line to even speak on it (unless they were one of our teens of course). I'm depending on every Member to be forever vigilant about their own safety and well-being, and look out for themselves, as best they can ... not only here, but everywhere ... because i can't really do that for them.

I try to be an example in all the ways i can, that includes this community. There is no one here who has been coerced to be here. No one had to be talked into joining us, or staying, and none are mistreated if they leave. With this in mind, it is my hope that our People recognize the great power they have in their own lives, free to come and go as they please, and not be easily swayed by undue pressure. Actually, as far as i'm concerned, all that extra pressure should be a sign that something aint rite, at least it would be for me ... thus the example of how inclusion occurs here, by a Sister or Brother wanting it for themselves.

I'm growing less tolerant of those coming here saying ugly things about Black People, calling us names, etc. I see myself moving to a place where i simply will not allow such to continue. I wonder why they come here, to talk ugly about Black People, while claiming to love Black People at the same time. I wonder why they say ugly things about me, this community, threatening never to come back, asking to be banned, yet continue to return. Yes, i've tolerated lots of this in the past, but i think those days are almost behind us. It's so disruptive to the Spirit of this place. They could go to a gazillion other web sites, but they're here?! Instead of wondering why they do it, i'm beginning to wonder why i allow it.

I even hope my tolerance of the above, is a good example, of how we can be patient with each other. I've allowed it because i'm of the mindset that we are all wounded to some degree, and may respond like a hurting, wounded person. It's always been my hope though, that as a result of them being around positive, loving, encouraging Black People, their own pain might ease (a little), and they'd stop attacking those wounded just like them ... but that's not happening ... so i must re-evaluate this.

In addition, their words and behavior go against the very grain of this community, and i have a responsibility to myself, this community, to keep it and us free from their attacks. Even if they aren't saying it to us, personally, saying it about Black Folk generally ... in this community ... really is a slap in the face.

You've labored with me a long time, and i am finally moving my mind in the direction of things you've shared. Don't give up on my slow pace. Don't think i can't see or hear. It's just that every move i make, as it relates to the community and changing things, effects more than just me. I must try to consider how it will effect us collectively, as well as the impact it will have on the individual. So i have to be really sure that it's what i believe is best, and am prepared for whatever consequences (including Members fussing at me about the decision) that may come. It's more than a notion, trust me.

Brother O ... i'm trying to balance it all, while embracing as many as possible.

This community has given me some insight though, on the challenge it will be to unite the majority of us around the world. I'm in awe of our Beloved Ancestors, Marcus and Elijah, as they did a GREAT work. To be able to get Black Folk to come together, work together, in a unified fashion ... please ... the fact that it's not been done since either of them, is an indication of how hard it is. I believe it's even more difficult now, for the minds of our people weren't as messed up, as they are now. We're in a worse condition than we've ever been in, so whoever is able to do this, will have to be even greater than Marcus and Elijah (i believe).

In addition, we don't (collectively) financially support those that work for us, so there will not be many stepping up to this plate. Everyone needs to eat, but we expect those working for us, to work for free, and eat the best way they can. To even mention financial support, to some Black People ... you may as well had talked about their Momma ... based on the response they give. This reduces the prospective pool of workers drastically, as well as discouraging those who are trying. Other People have their own stuff, financially support their own stuff, but not us, even though billions go through our (collective) hands each year. Yeah, we're worse than we've ever been, as far as collective unity is concerned.

But even with the picture being so grim, we can't give up, can we?

It's not easy ... and i know it will be a whole lot more difficult without you ... so quit talk'n that FINAL thread talk!

I Love You Brother O ... thanks for everything.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Brother Omowale ... bless your sweet heart ... thank you for your love and support ... :love:

You know i don't wanna hear / read nuth'n 'bout a FINAL thread from you! :cry:

I understand what you're seeing and feeling, i see it too. I'm real sensitive to recruitment efforts of our Members, but i must always realize that folk are gonna go where they wanna and with whom. We can't really control that. In addition, what is any number of people that are with you, if you must lock them in to keep them?

At the same time though, i have always been against folk coming in picking the ripest fruit off the tree. If anyone is doing that, i'm not aware of it. Whatever invitations are extended to the Family, must be extended to all. No one can come in and pick particular Members to join their endeavors. This has been tried on past occasions, and they were quickly banned.

I'm real protective of us, sometimes too much, so i'm always weighing it out, trying to balance this inside myself. Sometimes i read things on the forums here, that make me cringe. I wonder if the Member it's directed to is strong enough to resist what appears to be enticements. I just have to hope that they are. It's really no different than a Sister or Brother meeting here, and becoming romantically involved. I might not think it's a good match. I might not think they should do that, but i have absolutely no control over it, and would be way out of line to even speak on it (unless they were one of our teens of course). I'm depending on every Member to be forever vigilant about their own safety and well-being, and look out for themselves, as best they can ... not only here, but everywhere ... because i can't really do that for them.

I try to be an example in all the ways i can, that includes this community. There is no one here who has been coerced to be here. No one had to be talked into joining us, or staying, and none are mistreated if they leave. With this in mind, it is my hope that our People recognize the great power they have in their own lives, free to come and go as they please, and not be easily swayed by undue pressure. Actually, as far as i'm concerned, all that extra pressure should be a sign that something aint rite, at least it would be for me ... thus the example of how inclusion occurs here, by a Sister or Brother wanting it for themselves.

I'm growing less tolerant of those coming here saying ugly things about Black People, calling us names, etc. I see myself moving to a place where i simply will not allow such to continue. I wonder why they come here, to talk ugly about Black People, while claiming to love Black People at the same time. I wonder why they say ugly things about me, this community, threatening never to come back, asking to be banned, yet continue to return. Yes, i've tolerated lots of this in the past, but i think those days are almost behind us. It's so disruptive to the Spirit of this place. They could go to a gazillion other web sites, but they're here?! Instead of wondering why they do it, i'm beginning to wonder why i allow it.

I even hope my tolerance of the above, is a good example, of how we can be patient with each other. I've allowed it because i'm of the mindset that we are all wounded to some degree, and may respond like a hurting, wounded person. It's always been my hope though, that as a result of them being around positive, loving, encouraging Black People, their own pain might ease (a little), and they'd stop attacking those wounded just like them ... but that's not happening ... so i must re-evaluate this.

In addition, their words and behavior go against the very grain of this community, and i have a responsibility to myself, this community, to keep it and us free from their attacks. Even if they aren't saying it to us, personally, saying it about Black Folk generally ... in this community ... really is a slap in the face.

You've labored with me a long time, and i am finally moving my mind in the direction of things you've shared. Don't give up on my slow pace. Don't think i can't see or hear. It's just that every move i make, as it relates to the community and changing things, effects more than just me. I must try to consider how it will effect us collectively, as well as the impact it will have on the individual. So i have to be really sure that it's what i believe is best, and am prepared for whatever consequences (including Members fussing at me about the decision) that may come. It's more than a notion, trust me.

Brother O ... i'm trying to balance it all, while embracing as many as possible.

This community has given me some insight though, on the challenge it will be to unite the majority of us around the world. I'm in awe of our Beloved Ancestors, Marcus and Elijah, as they did a GREAT work. To be able to get Black Folk to come together, work together, in a unified fashion ... please ... the fact that it's not been done since either of them, is an indication of how hard it is. I believe it's even more difficult now, for the minds of our people weren't as messed up, as they are now. We're in a worse condition than we've ever been in, so whoever is able to do this, will have to be even greater than Marcus and Elijah (i believe).

In addition, we don't (collectively) financially support those that work for us, so there will not be many stepping up to this plate. Everyone needs to eat, but we expect those working for us, to work for free, and eat the best way they can. To even mention financial support, to some Black People ... you may as well had talked about their Momma ... based on the response they give. This reduces the prospective pool of workers drastically, as well as discouraging those who are trying. Other People have their own stuff, financially support their own stuff, but not us, even though billions go through our (collective) hands each year. Yeah, we're worse than we've ever been, as far as collective unity is concerned.

But even with the picture being so grim, we can't give up, can we?

It's not easy ... and i know it will be a whole lot more difficult without you ... so quit talk'n that FINAL thread talk!

I Love You Brother O ... thanks for everything.

Destee
I hear you Sister, Im just tired of folks like this...
http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=469704&postcount=11

Folks who get "personal" without even addressing the questions YOU raise....

Peace...

omowalejabali said:
I hear you Sister, Im just tired of folks like this...
http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=469704&postcount=11

Folks who get "personal" without even addressing the questions YOU raise....

Peace...

Brother O ... i see that exchange between you and Brother Kemetkind, and i thot it best not to get in it.

I'm not sure why yall rub each other wrong, but i know that you're both very powerful Brothers.

If yall were able to somehow get beyond the differences, and focus on the similarities, it would be a plus for our people collectively, as well as a great example for the young Brothers reading and watching. The combining of two such strong and powerful forces, can only be a good thing. I watch Animal Planet a lot, and i especially love the lions. Sometimes in a lion pride, there will be two or three males that rule together, and it means that the longevity of the pride's territory and general health and well-being is insured for a greater period of time. Well, i think of the two of you that way, but i'm being all mushy right now, so i'll stop. At one point in the recent past, i thought yall had buried the hatchet and everything was fine ... but i guess not.

I know you're both able to speak for yourselves, in the best of manners, so i aint gett'n in this ... no more than i have (to).

I been dun messed around and got bit, all in the middle of big ol' lions fight'n ... :wink:

Love You!

Destee

omowalejabali said:
Sister Destee.....remember, I been through this before with the same person and aint really interested at this point of trying again, and this time it is for PERSONAL reasons, which I can not and will not explain.

This is why I have not been in brother's chat and commend the brother's who have been able to "move forward" and are doing so without my participation.

I have no time for folk who preach "Brotherhood" but have "back-biting" tendencies because this usually turns into "back-STABBING" and I aint down with that type of activity.

I got "bigger fish to fry" myself and....I aint got time for CHESS or any other "internet Game-playas"

One Love!
:hearts4:

Be Aware, Stand Vigilant, Tell No Lies, and Claim No Easy Victories

Brother O ... since you mentioned it, i was wondering why you've not been active in Brother's Chat, especially since you called me on the carpet about it not being able to maintain its momentum in the past. I'm sorry to hear that you're letting any person, incident, or anything, keep you from building with the Brothers. That's a real shame i think, but a luxury nonetheless, as i don't have the option not to do, just because someone back stabs me, or does me something wrong and ugly.

Do you know how many times this community would have been shutdown, doors locked, and lights out, if i quit every time someone attempted to make something personal with and/or against me? We would not be here right now, that's for sure. I think it's time out for giving reasons for why we don't do, whatever it is that needs doing, and push our way forward. It's not going to be easy, it's not going to be a flowery bed of ease, or a crystal stair. We're going to really have to work hard, to get all of us to the next level ... and i just don't see how we'll be able to do that, if everyone lets one some body or some thing, keep them from moving forward.

I think the world of Brother Kemetkind and i must say that i've never seen anything from him, like what you are describing. I don't understand why the two of you aren't able to work it out. I trust what you say, in that it's personal, so i won't get in it. If you feel you're handling it the best way possible, then proceed, full speed ahead.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

ps ... speaking of chess ... i'm loving learning and playing! I really appreciate the Brothers and blackchessplayers.com!

Dang Brother O ... so does this mean i won't get a chance to beat you in a match?! :spank:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back