Black People : Be a part of the healing power of nature

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by nilevalley, Jul 18, 2016.

1. nilevalley

nilevalley Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +93
    The past few weeks have certainly been distressful haven't they? The airport bombing in Turkey, the mass shootings at a Orlando Florida nightclub. The shooting death by the hands of policemen of Alton Sterling and Philando Castle, the Dallas and Baton Rouge police shootings and finally the 77 men women and children who were ran down by a semi-trailer truck and killed in Nice France.

In times like this it may be hard to relax and rest properly. I have a technique that I use to calm my jangled nerves. It's the sounds of nature. I was fortunate to be raised by grandparents who exposed me early in my childhood to nature's wonders. I remember the waterfalls that were near fishing sites that my grandparents took me to. I remember the sounds of the water softly cascading down f over the falls and how the sounds rocked me into a soothing and wonderful relaxed state of mind

I carried these memories with me into adulthood. I remember always have a tape of waterfall sounds and I played them when I wanted to unwind.I want share these wonderful sounds with you and I hope you will play them and that they will soothe your heart and mind. Anytime you feel a need to escape our troubled world in search of peace and rest.

2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,325
    Yeah, a lot of times it's best to "disconnect" from this world, from social media and all of it's doom and gloom type reporting. Taking in too much negativity all at once does have extraordinary effects on us, even as fully grown adults, so one should always have a way to escape from it all. Reading, dancing, hiking, even just a picnic to balance your thoughts and positive energies of your soul.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
  4. nilevalley

United States
    Ratings:
    +93
    Amen, if more people only knew the power of nature. How she restores us mentally, physically and spiritually. She is there for all of us to see, feel and hear. I am so thankful the appreciation of the natural world was instilled in me as child.
    It has been the greatest source of strength for me throughout my long journey in life. That is how I survived the drug culture of the 70's. Nature taught me that you don't need chemicals to reach that "super high!"

5. nilevalley

United States
    Ratings:
    +93
    Wonderfully written, glad to know I am not the only square peg that refuses to fit into a round hole!