Black Short Stories : Batta's beginning his story

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by robboy2003, Jan 25, 2007.

1. robboy2003

robboy2003 Well-Known Member MEMBER

To bring strength and a calming influence,and to s
    Ratings:
    +5
    Rolling from his unmade and crappy bed, he awoke and stood pulling his six foot frame to its fullest. He eyed the seedy motel, called the Lagrange,and said." Boy I've really hit bottom now i'm staying in the beautiful and exotic Ladump hotel!" The man went into the bathroom, and fought off the roaches, that were in soap dish, so that he could shower. So the day began for the taciturn man known as Batta Hood: pronounced Bet-ta.

After showering,Batta made a call to his captain."Just checking in anything up?""Yeah your ***,if you don't remember to call more." Replied the captain. Batta took more of the captains dressing down, before he was told more about the case he was working on. He would continue working the warehouse district. "I have to get the captain a sweeter disposition next year." Batta joked to himself."Where did i go wrong?" Batta thought. Batta tried to do good in the service. Batta served in three branches for ten years. He was a good sailor, fine marine and a **** good soldier. Maybe that was it. He served with distinction in the first war. He was incorporated into an elite force in the second time around and made military hits for his country.

Batta was determined to survive at all costs. He grew up for a short time happy. Then his father walked away.He was eight,when his dad left.He and his two older brothers struggled after that.His mother was a weak and fragile woman.She could not control two rambunctious boys and Batta,who was always quiet.Batta was going through hell at school,because of his name.Batta thought that name was a joke given to him by his worthless father. Batta thought better to be named a girls name rather than this.He was" butter",before everyone cracked the joke "better "hood." Batta's "hood" certainly was not better. His father didn't give a sh##and his mother was vacant,absent. She was not there most of the time.

Batta grew up with barely a grunt from his mother. There was no word from his father. His brothers were not interested in a quiet little boy,who was years behind them anyway. Batta's older brother gave him a gift of sorts.On batta's 17th birthdad, he left a roachclip that his mother thought was Batta's.She promptly and swiftly kicked Batta out.A week later Batta left the streets for a job in the military.

He had managed to slip through the cracks again.Maybe the military needed bodies never caring how pathic their former lives were. Batta found happiness rubbing and loving million dollar weapons. The world did not take the time to know Batta,and Batta didn't know the world.Batta thought all people were his parents and school. Batta made two lifelong friends in the military,and Batta took to the martial skills taught to him.He loved serving,but sadly he had to go,because Batta saved a mans life,but was traumatized by the death of a youngster.The man whose live Batta saved helped him regroup somewhat and got him on at the police force with him.

Batta worked vice,because he was quiet, and could relate to most criminals. Batta thought he sure lived like one.Batta was undercover for this case,and he was to act surprised when a raid was supposed to go down.Batta didn't like dealing with two criminals he had to befriend. Their names were Dante"snake"Jackson,and Tyler"stick"Green.They were the sort you had to showers,after being near them. They were slimey.

He approached Delta, almost ,as soon as, her mother drove off.She had stopped him several times before,with a good cussing,but this fool was getting bolder every day."Come here let me teach you something." Her stepfather said. "You can get the hell away from me, is all you can do." Delta told him. "You know you like it." "You bastard" Delta barked. Suddenly, he reached trying to pin her to a wall in the living room.The stepfather was a smallman,and Delta took advantage of his lack of strength by breaking free of his grasp.Two buttons popped off of Delta's sweater.but she was straight kicking it for the door.He tried to reach her again,but she pushed a lamp table into his leg,and it must have hurt,because he howled. Her mother had brought home some real losers,since her fathers passing three years ago.This one here was the worse "dud." All Delta knew was she wasn't going back home.She withdrew some money from her ATM,but she didn't know how long she would be out here on the streets. She needed a place to chill at for awhile.

She found a building at the corner of the bunkhead,amazingly the door was open.Delta was tired and she saw what looked like a pipe under a rug. She rolled the rug back and was surprised,that it was a room leading into a room.The pipe was the top of a ladder leading downstairs.Delta covered the rug back on top and concealed it. The place had a stove,refrigerator a sofa and chairs. The place also had a stereo system with some jamming oldies. Delta thought this place was tight. She fixed herself a sandwich,and some cookies.Delta drifted off to sleep, and swore she wouldn't become like her mom.She was tired and so she slept.

"Snake" Jackson spotted Batta walking toward him."What's up in da hood? Is it better Batta?" Batta took a few minutes before answering him which annoyed Jackson."Everythings fine Jackie." Batta said."You know my name is"snake." Why must you call me Jackie?" Batta opened the door to the warehouse apartment. It wasn't locked,but he said nothing about it to "snake." The conversation continued into the apartment. Snake enboldened forgot himself and got in Batta's face."My name is "snake." "Skank, skunk,worm, whatever, I know one thing you better get the f out of my face." "snake" backed off. He was a coward,even though he was a big man. He got his name,because he liked to set up people.There is something to this Batta. "Snake" thought. He wasn't big as nothing,but there was something in his eyes. Snake was one to know. He was evil to the core,and he was hell bent to cause mayhem in this world.

"I didn't mean nothing by calling you"better in da hood." "Actually it was da hood,and i didn't mean anything by calling you Jackie." Batta lied. He despised the man and everything he stood for. Batta had issues,but he never hurt his own people with drugs and pimped out women."Well, well what's up guys." "Stick" Green said strolling into the warehouse. Green and Jackson paired off against Batta. They wanted to make an exchange for money,but Batta said no."We can make the drop tonight squalled "stick." "Yea who made you leader." Jackson continued.

The volume of the conversation turned up and Delta Queen woke up. Batta took his time in giving Green and Jackson an answer. Finally! He said." I made the contacts, and i took most of the risks,while you two bozo's were trying to set me up!" "Snakes" eyes went wide, and he was trembling from the mouth."Stick" tried to divert the topic to something else,but Batta told them about a stick up that was supposed to happen to him a month ago.Batta's instincts and training were the only thing that saved him in that encounter."We had to see,if you were a cop." Green said."And" Batta said."We had to know what you were working with,if you had the juice." Chimed "snake."

Delta now looking up could see the action from her spot below. Two of the men; Green and Jackson were two big brutes. The third man was kind of cute. I wonder,if he thought of shaving. Delta thought. Delta began thinking of a way out of this lair."We will make the deal day after tomorrow." Batta said."Where the hell is the stuff." "Stick said angrily."It is in a safe place." Batta said. Batta had barely spoken the words, when both men walked within two feet of Batta. Both men were bigger,and were probably stronger,but they still feared Batta,because there was something about the calmness of the man. There was the fact of how Batta dispatched the stickup- slash double cross that didn't go down right.Troy Butler's face would never look the same again,and several of his bones were broken.No normal man and certainly a cop,could bash in old Troy like that.Warily Green spoke. "Give us the stash.""Yea you heard him." "Snake chimed in." Batta knew someday he would have to drop these fools,either with the hammer of his smith and wessin,or his feet and hands. It would happen as sure as the sun rose every day.This time Batta had to play it cool. After tommorrow the deal is done,just take me to Ike."Word." Snake Jackson,and Tyler Green said. Ike Stone was the big fish and the reason for this infiltration. He was a dope dealer, slave trader,and all around menace to the city,and had been for many years.Neither Snake Jackson,or Stick Green wanted to take Batta to Ike. Batta said he had to step out for a few,and would be back in a flash. Batta had no intention of being gone for long. His stepping out was the signal. These two had probably found his secret room. Batta thought.

When Batta left,Jackson and Green began to chatter."When can i cut his ***?"Jackson said."You were within two feet of him." Green said."You were right there too." "snake" Jackson snapped back. "Stick" Green sarcastically said." Bottom line you're a lot like air all around but nothing solid." The talk quickly went to when they would kill Batta.They were convinced, if he got in good with Ike their services might no longer be needed.The fact that their usual bullying didn't faze this guy ticked both of them off. The decision to dispatch Batta was an easy one for them.

Delta thought to herself."They're going to kill that boy!" There was nothing Delta could do at the moment,but keep her own hide safe. After about fifteen minutes,Batta returned with two footlockers. Both Green and Jackson thought the drugs were in those and, so they calmed down a bit. Batta thought he saw a movement beneath his visual on the floor. Gunfire tore through the ceiling and the room was full of smoke. Batta moved where he could see Green and Jackson,along with being behind the entrance. More firing took place,but it seemed to be outside. The door was breached and two officers entered,along with a plains clothed that Batta didn't recognize.

The two men dressed as officers entered the room where Batta could see that the uniforms they wore were bad replicas. Tyler Green's ample buttocks were showing from his hiding spot beside a chair. The plainclothed individual almost shot them off,before "stick" rolled away."They're not cops." Jackson shouted! The trio turned and shot in the direction of Jackson's voice. The situation turned into a hail of bullets,but somehow the phony officers were drawn away from the door."We can get out "Hood",but you're done."Yea" Jackson happily said. "Throw us the footlockers." Green bellowed. The plainclothed shot by the door. It effectively ended "stick" and "snake's" ideas about the footlockers. The men took off like racehorses. I fired my 460, and toppled the men dressed as officers.

Delta's heart was about to burst."I have to get the heck out of here,but how can I?" Batta raised up from,where he was to get a better position. The remaining man saw Batta move. Advancing the man tripped,while trying to draw down on Batta. The mans gun fired and the slug ricocheted over Delta's head down below. Delta screamed! There was a single shot,and then there was silence.

After hearing Delta scream the confused man attempted to shoot below again. It was a fatal mistake,because he was shot in the heart by Batta.

"The hell you say,and you're going to have to kill me down here." Delta said defiantly. I'm really an officer "mam." Batta told Delta. I saw you shoot those guys,or I heard shooting up there." How do you explain that?" " I'm a cop sometimes i have to fire my weapon. Batta said,while dropping down into the room. Delta picked up a ice pick she had in her purse,and a can of mace for protection. She relaxed a little,when Batta showed her his shield,and the radio that he wanted to call his captain with. "I just want to get out of here!" Delta said. "I just want you to know.I am a cop,and once i get a statement from you. You are free to go mam." That did it for Delta. He must be a cop,and one that obviously doesn't get out much. His way of talking was in a time warp. Batta helped Delta get upstairs. Some more officers arrived, along with medical personnel. Three officers were wounded outside,plus the phony officers who were wounded,which surprised Batta. He usually killed what he fired upon.

He asked Delta several questions,but he was a bit annoyed with himself,because he couldn't get over the fact,that this lady,had found his observation room. She was a real beauty. She had cocoa skin, great legs a warm smile,and enough bottom to make Batta feel a little stirring within himself. It had been a long time since, he had been this close to such a woman,if ever.

Delta thought."This brother is something else." He had a slim,but fit body,that really made him look good in his jeans. She could really see him better now up close. He was the type of man. She had hot fantasies over this type of brother. They both warmed to each other,and Delta felt the man thought she was a runaway. Batta confirmed her thoughts,by asking her.Before she replied to his question. She asked one."There were two other men before." "Yes" Batta said. " They said they're going to kill you in two days." " Thank you!" " You said thank you for that?" Delta asked."Yes" He left the mam of this time."Now i know what's on their mind." "I'll handle it." "Are you" Batta said. "Am i what?" Delta said. "A runaway" "It depends on how you look at it. She told Batta the sordid story of her stepfather. She was tired and needed to vent. Batta listened to Delta,and told her about a nice place she could stay.

It was much better than his present abode. Batta thought. Batta didn't intentionally attempt to do this,but cell phone numbers were exchanged,and conversation and friendship developed for the two of them.

The captain told Batta,that the trio was sent by Ike to "take out" "stick"and "snake." "That'll be a favor to the world." Batta thought,but didn't air aloud."You shave today,and do i smell some body spray on you too!" The captain said. Lookin stern before breaking into a wide smile, He said."She must be a good one to make you blink.

Batta didn't exactly lose his mind with Delta,but she was a lot easier to talk to than the department shrink,and much prettier. Delta found once Batta opened up to her,he was kinda funny,and oh how he had cleaned up nicely.

The captain told Batta. He thought"Green" and "Jackson" wouldn't be foolish enough to try the hit on him now. He felt by doing, that they would show to much of themselves to Ike. Batta and the captain felt their was a mole or a leak in the department, and they trusted only each other. The captain told Batta to be careful,and warned him about keeping a routine.

Batta took Delta to the only other man he admired. Eric Joe the owner of Batta's favorite place the "Slip and "Slide jazz bar. It was fine entertainment this evening,and Eric was very happy his friend was getting to know such a beautiful and delightful woman. Delta told Batta,that she had gotten a job offer. Batta was really happy for her and told her so. He also commented how great she looked this evening. Delta was thrilled! "He's coming along nicely." She thought to herself. After a pleasant evening,and a handshake for Batta,and a hug for Delta, Batta took Delta's hand and walked about five steps away from the "Slip and "Slide." Suddenly! Someone stole Batta right up the left side of his head! Batta dropped to one knee,and was seeing double for a minute. It was "stick" and he had a bar. Delta screamed!

Batta saw "snake" on Delta tearing clothing off. "Bring him here "stick." I want him to see me do his girl." Batta was about to pass out,but he went to a place,that was his sanctuary in times past. Batta willed himself upright and circled around Tyler Green. Both Green and Jackson were surprised about him getting up from the flush pipe blow. Batta was not one hundred percent, after the blow,but he had found his zone of rage!

Delta to her credit,took advantage of the momentary lapse by Jackson to rake his eyes. She grabbed his privates and turned them upwards. It had the desired effect. She was away from "snake" and racing away,,,.

Batta hoped and "stick" obliged by reaching for him. Batta relaxed and chopped the tree in martial lingo. He brought his opponet to him with his inside hand. He straightened"stick" Green's arm out and broke Green's elbow with his.Simultaneously Green's windpipe was smashed by a knife hand from Batta. "Stick" Green was then deftly swept off his feet by Batta. After the sweep,Batta expertly dropped down and broke both of Green's arms at the shoulder. Green could only whimper.

"Let's see how you fare with this." "Snake" said as he was approaching with a switchblade. Batta stood motionless and ready. When "snake" finally made a jab low with his knife, Batta trapped the arm with his tee shirt,that he had smoothly taken off. Batta straightened "snake's" arm holding the knife,and made it pop out of "snake's" grasp. Batta managed this by turning the tee shirt taut. An ominous figure watched from behind Jackson and Batta.

He had been watching the scene for a few minutes."Snake" Jackson was fifty pounds heavier and several inches taller, than Batta,however Batta dominated the situation and punched Jackson into unconsciousness."You've done me a turn cop,so I will kill you quick." Ike said pointing his revolver." Before Ike could pull back anything, a big Smith&Wesson was tickling his neck. "Let your weapon fall easy mister." Eric Joe said."I could drop him." Stone said."Maybe,but the back of your head wouldn't be a pretty sight afterward.

Stone passed his weapon behind him,but it was taken by the arriving captain. Batta found out later,that Delta had run back to the bar,and gotten Eric Joe. Batta and Delta hugged,while the criminals were taken away. Delta saw Batta sway and helped him down were he passed out. Batta passed out for a short while,when he awoke. Delta was there. She soothed all of the physical and most of the emotional trauma away by being there. Batta slept with a smile for the first time in years.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    how i like this story line .........like Batta smiling very nice

3. robboy2003

robboy2003 Well-Known Member MEMBER

To bring strength and a calming influence,and to s
    Ratings:
    +5