Pan Africanism : Basket-Weaving Is Threatened in S.C.

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by dustyelbow, Aug 17, 2007.

1. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Basket-Weaving Is Threatened in S.C.

Our people with this COUNTRY on the MOVE cannot AFFORD to keep WHOLESOME MATTERS related to US.

When I go into our BROTHERS and SISTERS houses of MOBILITY and see their AFRICAN ART stuff like those HARD EBONY WOODED MORTAR and PISTLES collecting DUST, I say to myself WHY COLLECT STUFF your not going to USE or even MAKE while PEOPLE who do MAKE THEM are being PUSHED to the MARGINS.

If you search this FORUM there was a SITUATION with an CONTINENTAL AFRICAN showing these BASKET WEAVING matters to other CONTINENTALS and asked them if that was in AMERICA but they saw it as another BORING BACKWARDS TRADITION compared to the WORLD from the CONTINENT.

Later they were TAKEN BACK that it was from AMERICA. They too may find that we maybe BACKWARDS too for HOLDING onto SUCH. After all its NOT PROFITABLE but it is WHOLESOME.

Plus I said a LITTLE WHILE it was a PROBLEM with NORTHERNERS moving into SOUTHERN lands without any KNOWLEDGE of the PEOPLE and HISTORY but carry ON like EVERYWHERE is the SAME when its NOT.

EVERYTHING that our ANCESTORS did in this LAND is BEING FORGOTTEN for GLOBALISM.

At least you can BOAST about THOSE PYRAMIDS in EGYPT from HERE. They are being DESTORYED by CARS and TRUCKS each day.

But WHO CARES.

Oh well.

2. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    dustyelbow - thanks. You have succeeding in completely shocking me. Almost beyond words.

3. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Hey I learn alot from OLD craftmans and women (NOT MUSIC) in the community.

One of them is not to WASTE to much and use what you NEED.

Those LESSONS are gone and so are the PEOPLE behind them.

I am just paying my respect to them.

They taught me something WHOLESOME.

But if I talk about this stuff its like talking like I come from the MOON.

It's not like a FRESH COPY of a PIRATED DVD from the CHINAMAN.

So that's why when I hear stuff like this and that its really FORGETTING about those who wanted us to SUCCEED in this RUTHLESS LAND with ALL they HAD.

4. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    "Those LESSONS are gone and so are the PEOPLE behind them."

no - they are all still alive and well in Africa - doing what they have been doing for centuries. but Yes - it is a dying trade.

I was FLOORED to read that some folk are STILL doing it in the States. The article claims they sell their wares on the roadside.. collecting their grass from nearby fields.. That literally.. blows my mind. I AM taken aback. I think its wonderful. shocking.. amazing. Cant quite get my head around it.

If you have more along this same grain, please post it.

Thanks so much.