Black People : basic QUESTIONS to address

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by truetothecause, Mar 8, 2008.

1. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    for the "mess" WE in TODAY....

as a People:?:

WHO:?:

WHAT:?:.....happened to the Collective Spirit WE used to have
    as a People WHAT:?:

WHEN:?:.......did WE become a Nation divided against itself, young against old, male against female WHEN:?:

WHERE:?:.....did WE go wrong when WE had the teachings and practices of our Ancestors to follow WHERE:?:

WHY:?:.....do WE continue to fight each other and disconnect while crying out for "Unity in our Community" WHY:?:

HOW:?:....can WE thrive when "evil" is all around us and WE "welcome" it in:?: HOW:?:

Can anybody....AFREEKANS ONLY PLEASE....Help me overstand:?:
    M.E.

:hearts2:

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,586
    First of all,

I think that if you ask WE, then you need to focus on WE, and not ME.

Because when WE begin to talk about ME, the objectivity is lost and discussion goes into the realm of personal subjectivity.

I am speaking to the WHO part of your inquiry.

Moving from that point, if WE can, then the WHAT, WHEN, WHERE and WHY, as WE all know, begins on the continent of Africa, which is avery diverse continent, where WE are not a monlithic or homogeneous group WHERE WE spoke different languages, came from different Kinship groups, maintained different traditions based on Kinship and at times engaged in warfare against each other.

HOW WE came to this particular hemisphere is a matter of debate. Some say that some came before slavery. Some were brought here in chains and on slaveships and others migrated here after slavery was abolished. WE came form Igbo, Mande, Fula, Wolof, Bakongo, et al.

I don't think its a matter of WHERE we went wrong as it is moreso WHERE WE came from, WHERE we went and WHERE we were taken to. WE were seperated from our Ancestors and some of our Ancestors were forcibly taken from their Kinship groups. Therefore, as Barack Obama's grandmother told him, many of WE have become "ghosts". WE have become so mixed up our Ancestors don't know who WE are, so they can not visit WE to keep them in our remembrance.

WE have been divided from ourselves since, according to Kemetic tradition, Set slew Ausar. Biblically, since Cain slew Abel. We have never overcome the battles and open warfare between the 'Sons of Heru' and the 'Sons of Seti'.

WHY do WE continue to fight is a matter of social and cultural conditioning. African societies were highly structured with Warrior classes and some of WE are descendants from Warriors belonging to rival Kinship groups. Again, this is a matter of conditioning.

HOW can we thrive, well its known as Resistance and many of our Ancestors led Resistance movements from the Seminoles to the Amistad, to the Black Panthers. In fact, the Panther was symbolic of a Seminole warrior class.

As far as "evil" is concerned and "welcoming it in" "good and evil" are inherent in all of WE. Ma'at is a principle representing Order and Balance and, as I often have stated WE are "out of balance". I can not say that this is something that WE "welcome in" since it is an oppositional quality that WE inheritly posess.

When WE see ourselves as "victimized" by an external force WE negate the positive and negative qualities innate to our nature and give power to external case which produce external effect on our Divine Nature, which is control and mastery over WE.

Peace.

3. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    and just WHEN did I focus on "ME":?:

aside from "M.E" asking the question

M.E.

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,586
    Don't take it personal. Statements made apply to all of us. Not I, me, you but WE.

5. Josh Wickett

Josh Wickett Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

The key to learning is asking questions.

Josh

6. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Good Morning Omowalejabi!

ok..first...I believe I heard it as "personal" when YOU used the term "YOU NEED"... It was then difficult to listen further and I did not until this morning.

secondly, this whole notion of "objectivity" was a major barrier for me in completing the PhD program, as 'scientific research" calls for 'objectivity' on the part of the researcher. I am not able to BE "objective" about an extremely "subjective" experience. So, I tend to move in and out of the objective/subjective realms when dealing with the PROBLEM of racism/white supremacy in the Lives of Afreekans Descendents...of which I AM one. That's MY stuff and I take full RE~sponsibility for it. I share it here and with you now simply as a means of 'informing' and thereby allowing you[and anyone else] the right to continue to converse with me and my "mess". I do the best I can with what I have to work with.

Third, ok..I'm not clear what your position is on the "who" question. "Who" is responsible for the "mess" we are in as a collective? Seems as if you are suggesting...based on the rest of your reply, that:

WE, as a Collective, are living the reality of having been divided from the door in our kinship tribes, having differences, waring with each other on the Continent prior to the introduction of white folk in our lives. Additionally, and from a Spiritual perspective, WE continue to live our the battle of Heru/Set-Cain/Abel dynamic.
    I also hear you saying that the 'mess' WE are in may be RE~lated more to the "how we came here" and that WE came via many avenues...1.force, and 2. voluntary migration after the slave trade became illegal.

WE were 'conditioned' to fight each other in our RE~spective kinship groups and this practice continues.
    Is this correct and/or what have I missed:?:

RE~cap...in RE~ply to the questions posed the essence of what I'm getting from you in this:
    1. WHO...WE did and have always done things like this..ie kinship warfare
    2. WHAT...there was no real collective as WE were all part of separate kinship groups
    3. WHEN...back in our Ancient lives, prior to white racist, the battle of Heru/Set lives on
    4. WHERE...on the shores of our 'land' Kemet of which WE have now BE~come "ghosts" to.
    5. WHY...socio/cultural conditioning...
    and finally
    6. HOW...RE~sist the notion that white supremacy has any power in our lives.

As to 'evil' in the mix....WE ALL have 'evil' in us so it can not be welcomed in..it's already there and WE need to resist functioning from that "evil" place in self.

Is that right:?:

Thanks for taking the time to Share!

M.E.

7. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Thank You Josh...for RE~sponding to the Questions!

The first Questions ask...

WHO is RE~sponsible for the "mess" WE Afreekans are in today

M.E.

8. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    these are the questions that i ask myself almost everyday,and the sad answer is that our self hatred is centuries deep and it may take a few more to root it out,if ever,it seems that for every positive step we make we take two steps back and it's killing us.

9. Josh Wickett

Josh Wickett Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

Based on my study and observation, the people responsible for the "mess" are the "messmakers".

Who are the "messmakers?"

The "messmakers" are the smartest and most powerful people; they have proven their superior "messmaking" capabilities by forcing us (the victims of their mess) to gather here to determine who they are and what to do about it.

Because all victims of the "mess" are equally "messed up", all advice from one victim to another victim should be provided in the form of SUGGESTIONS.

Why?

Because Im a fellow victim of the "mess", and by logical progression have proven myself UNQUALIFIED TO TELL another victim what to say or do to solve the "mess"

Josh

10. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,586
    Pardon my response...

Without some level of objectivity the specific,questions posed cannot be answered as it would require a discussion of "I", "you", "Me", "My" instead of "We."

Peace and Blessings
    brother Omowale.