Black Spirituality Religion : Bashing religion is easy, but Creating Black Unity is hard

"When you go to a church and you see the pastor of that church with a philosophy and a program that's designed to bring black people together and elevate black people, join that church! If you see where the NAACP is preaching and practising that which is designed to make black nationalism materialize, join the NAACP. Join any kind of organization--civic, religious, fraternal, political or otherwise--that's based on lifting... the black man up and making him master of his own community."

[2:62] Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who (1) believes in GOD, and (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

[3:113] They are not all the same; among the followers of the scripture, there are those who are righteous. They recite GOD's revelations through the night, and they fall prostrate.

[3:114] They believe in GOD and the Last Day, they advocate righteousness and forbid evil, and they hasten to do righteous works. These are the righteous.

[3:115] Any good they do will not go unrewarded. GOD is fully aware of the righteous.

[3:199] Surely, some followers of the previous scriptures do believe in GOD, and in what was revealed to you, and in what was revealed to them. They reverence GOD, and they never trade away GOD's revelations for a cheap price. These will receive their recompense from their Lord. GOD is the most efficient in reckoning.

[5:65] If only the people of the scripture (meaning Christians and Jews) believe and lead a righteous life, we will then remit their sins, and admit them into gardens of bliss.

[5:66] If only they would uphold the Torah and the Gospel, and what is sent down to them herein from their Lord, they would be showered with blessings from above them and from beneath their feet. Some of them are righteous, but many of them are evildoers.

[5:69] Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the converts, and the Christians; any of them who (1) believe in GOD and (2) believe in the Last Day, and (3) lead a righteous life, have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

[13:36] Those who received the scripture rejoice in what was revealed to you; some others may reject parts of it. Say, "I am simply enjoined to worship GOD, and never associate any idols with Him. I invite to Him, and to Him is my ultimate destiny."

[57:27] Subsequent to them, we sent our messengers. We sent Jesus the son of Mary, and we gave him the Injeel (Gospel), and we placed in the hearts of his followers kindness and mercy. But they invented hermitism which we never decreed for them. All we asked them to do was to uphold the commandments approved by GOD. But they did not uphold the message as they should have. Consequently, we gave those who believed among them their recompense, while many of them were wicked.

[7:29] Say, "My Lord advocates justice, and to stand devoted to Him alone at every place of worship. You shall devote your worship absolutely to Him alone. Just as He initiated you, you will ultimately go back to Him."
(http://www.submission.org/suras/sura61.html#14)

This is Islam, not secularism.

Well, it seems to me that we have a language problem. What you are saying is Greek to me. I am trying to speak to you in an African langugae, not a European one.

Let's start by defining some words. Religion is Islam. Anti-religion is a lot of things including theism and atheism.

So, look at it this way: GOD Created and Defined religion which is Islam. But, evil came to cause mankind to fall from GOD's Grace and Mercy. That is anti-religion. One form it takes is paganism. Another is the occult (cults) in which some people go to the extent of actually worshipping the devil. One way they do this is by reading the Bible backwards.

Who does that sort of thing? Well, since you appear to be such an expert, I am sure that you have been inside at least one "church". Right? What did they talk about? I bet you ten bucks that they talked about the last parts of Bible, namely the Pauline Gospels. If they mentioned the prophesies at all, it was only briefly to confuse people and make them think they are legit. But, their main doctrines are based on that Jew who spoke Latin and probably Greek.

Do you understand? Probably not. So, let me...Naw I will not say let me dumb this down.

Christianity as we know it is not religion, dude. You been tricked. Christianity as we know it in the west is anti-religion. This is because "saint Paul" corrupted it with paganism to produce the trinity which is half way between Monotheism and polytheism: trinitism. If you think I am lying, and you probably do think so, google trinity and get back to me.

It's English and I'm afraid it's not an African language. And the word religion already has an pretty good definition without being re-purposed into just meaning Islam. Attempting to do so or claim that yours is divine doesn't really add to the conversation.

The rest of your vacuous post doesn't really need much more address than that. It's simply what I stated believers do, they declare they have the eternal truth and re-frame everything around it.

Religion:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

The Muslm Community has certainly made its contributions to the Struggle in America. We are smaller than the Christians. But, I think we are more concientious about it. Therefore, our impact is far more far-reaching than the impact of a similar number of Christians. Consider Malcolm, for instance.

Yes, I agree that the Muslims have had a far greater thrust in the struggle for freedom than the Church. In fact, governments have always used the Church as a mouthpiece to pacify the masses. Although for a relatively short time Blacks were able to use the resources of the Church to fight Jim Crow they have become a mouthpiece for the government again.

Besides chicken dinners don't empower people and set them free. The things the Church does are things people feel grateful for. But once you feel grateful you will also feel dependent and you will continue to feel helpless and powerless.

Originally Posted by abdurratln View Post
Every Muslim is critical of what we generally mean when say "religion". Much of Quran specifically criticizes "religion" as we know it.
Isn't that pretty much what all major religions do when they bill themselves as the only truth? The thread's context seems pretty clear on this matter though.

Yes, in my family on the west coast they are staunch Christians ans on the east coast they are devout Muslims. I listen to them and what the Muslims say about Islam and the Quran is the exact same thing the Christians say about Christianity and the Bible. What the Christians say about those heathen Muslims is the same thing the Muslims say about those pagan Christians.

They all claim to have the one and only true God and the funny thing is both Allah and Jehovah can be traced back to Abraham as the same deity. Which one is the right religion depends on whom you ask.

It's English and I'm afraid it's not an African language.

Well, I am not afraid. The words are English. But, the thoughts and ideas are African. Did you not know that African can be and almost always is translated into English and every other language?

And the word religion already has an pretty good definition without being re-purposed into just meaning Islam. Attempting to do so or claim that yours is divine doesn't really add to the conversation.

Maybe I worded it wrong. Maybe I said religion is Islam. But, I thought I said, I know I meant to say that Islam is religion. Anyhting that is not Islam is suspect.

The rest of your vacuous post doesn't really need much more address than that. It's simply what I stated believers do, they declare they have the eternal truth and re-frame everything around it.

Some the "bleivers" you refer to are not Believers, meaning Muslims. Some are non-Belevers. Others are dis-Believers. And, you are just plain confused.

But, I can see the little wheels working in the back of what passes for a brain in your head. Looking it up in a good encylclopedia is a good start. But, you still have a long, long way to go, kiddo.

"Religion is the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or any such system of belief and worship,[1] usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion) Cool. I can live with that. But, my definition is still more precise and relevant to this topic. Whoever wrote that definition from wiki did not seem to account for cults and the occult which too many people see as religion. However, I have chosen to call that anti-religion in part because it often concerns itself with explictly opposing religion or pretending to be religion in order to divert people from religion. With that in mind, I refer you to this: http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1859872_1799897,00.html. Now, get that and get it good and get it clearly. A hand full of white guys brain washed a bunch of Africans, sort of like some in this forum. They took their welfare checks and made them work for free on a farm deep in some remote jungle. When they got caught, they made them all commit suicide so that we would not know that they were operating a slave plantation and a bunch of Uncle Toms are and were involved in it. Call that religion? I call it anti-religion.

So the question becomes is Christianity religion or anti-religion? I grant you that there are many Christians who are legitimate Believers. GOD Has Taught us that these will be accepted into Paradise in the Hereafter. In fact, they will e given a Special Place in Paadise because they have to Struggle against so much that is anti-religion in Christianity in order to find the Straight Path. For Muslims, the Straight Path is extremely easy because GOD teaches us in such simple and easy to understand language. But, in Christianity, there is a lot of confusion and diversion, such as Jones Town. And, there is a lot of "intercession" in which people insert themselve between people and GOD. They tell GOD (Who Already Knows) wat people do and ask for. And then they tell the people what they should already know about GOD. That is the problem. The problem is if it is not in the Prophesies, it is a lie. And, much of Christianity is based on lies.

All I am saying is that Islam is not like that.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back